Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
..getting longer

P_20190723_185802_1.jpg

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ein how long did it take u to stop seeing alopecia on bicalutamide and when did u start to get regrowth?
I started seeing regrowth around the eighth month mark. I have mild, yet visible crown thinning (which appears as a dreaded back part in my long hair). The density on the top was also pretty less, but I'm not sure if it was because my genes or hair loss. The parting on the top and around the hairline is never very thick, but since early childhood, my hair strands have been very limp with horribly less diameter, it splits up at the crown revealing a line of scalp underneath. And since this shedding is never ending, I can't tell if I'm healing or not. I know I shed a hell lot of miniaturized hairs which come back with a little more diameter, but I've also seen that some hair strands are so so so superfine and totally invisible because of less diameter, that they feel like they are miniaturized yet they grow beyond the shoulder length all the way from the top. I don't know what this means, but I don't feel bad at shedding those invisible strands at all.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
my silk pillowcases arrived today!

P_20190724_123305.jpg

I'm gunna start sleeping on this to prevent split ends. I feel like a total hair nerd, :p:cool: recently I went to the barbershop and got a trim, the lady cutting it thought my hair was so cool. It was the first time I had gone in so many years, (I just tried to shape it myself since my regimen) and damnn, did I feel nostalgic.. even surreal! it's those little things in life we used take for granted, I sware :'(

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read that some usere here didn't have success with oral minoxidil on the crown. Well, that's unfortunate, I guess everybody reacts differently on medications.

However, I tend to agree with most users here that one must add oral minoxidil to his regimen after giving the DHT blocker/antiandrogen + estrogen enough time to work (at least 1 year or longer), or you don't need to add oral minoxidil at all, if you're at least on an antiandrogen + estrogen. I added oral minoxidil for the sake of more gains, even though I don't really need it.

Estrogen has given me the most gains, especially with oral spironolactone, which works like a booster. If you're on cyproterone acetate or bicalutamide with estrogen, it won't only help with hair, but also prevent osteoporosis. This isn't the case with oral spironolactone. I read somewhere that a dose of 200 mg of oral spironolactone is equivalent to a dose of 25/50 mg of cyproterone acetate (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm unsure that a dose of 200 mg of oral spironolactone can cause osteoporosis without estrogen.

CPA will cause osteoporosis without using estrogen. On the other hand, bicalutamide doesn't. I found spironolactone weak at lessening androgenic activity within my body. I still produced sebum, enough to cause acne; my scalp still produced sebum, enough to make my hair greasy after a day or two. Since switching to bicalutamide, my sebum production has reduced significantly. My hair doesn't get greasy, even after six days of not washing my hair. Along with that, my skin produces a significantly less amount of sebum; it's in similar ranges to when I was on Accutane. Sebum production definitely appears to be an androgenic issue...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 124550

I'm gunna start sleeping on this to prevent split ends. I feel like a total hair nerd, :p:cool: recently I went to the barbershop and got a trim, the lady cutting it thought my hair was so cool. It was the first time I had gone in so many years, (I just tried to shape it myself since my regimen) and damnn, did I feel nostalgic.. even surreal! it's those little things in life we used take for granted, I sware :'(
That's lovely. Silk bedding is wonderful too for skin and it feels so good.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 124550

I want to get a silk pillow too! I have been looking at some, but I can't find the perfect shade to match my bedroom... Silk pillows are better for your skin too!

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fudddddge, I'm on raloxifine and I'm about a 1.25 but I've only been on it for 54 days. anyways baldness before 20 is way worse than gyno, way worse than anything, hair frames the face and gives beauty
iam only stage 1 after a year of treatment, being under-weight helps! because breasts are 60% fat and the rest is the glands so, lose weight and they should be less of a trouble, building muscles on the top of them will make them way worse i assume

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
legit, my skin is better than all of my female friends irl, bica is accutane + finasteride in one combo, the only issue is gyno from it

Estrogen + Bicalutamide is definitely the most desirable combination, in my opinion. It's cheaper to afford, and allows a lesser dose of bicalutamide which will save money in the long-run.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
gynecomastia is caused by an imbalance of ERa expression to androgen expression in breast tissue. Genetics play a huge role in determining severity of gynecomastia in people on anti androgens, but yes your very correct, building muscles and losing fat helps a lot!

sadly I don't have the best gyno genes and they are slowly starting to form, heres what they look like at the moment (attached)
looks normal