Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Moreover, androgens have many permanent effects on male bodies, mostly because of the coactivator function, which initiates a cascade of effects after binding to the androgen receptors even if it's just for once.
if this is true, then would even females with their low androgen levels gradually get more body hair throughout their life?

Henceforth, the gene expression is permanently turned on, until you put something in there to stop the gene expression, like a dioxin, more preferably attached to androgen receptors.

any idea how that might be acquired?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasterid and what is it for you if it increases testosterone?
I'm not entirely sure lol, actually i will wait for my next blood test to see if my DHT is low before i buy dutasteride, Bica/CPA + Estradiol is probably keeping my T & DHT low but i guess I'm getting paranoid because i dont know my current blood work.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New product for those who can't/don't want to use minoxidil and also for those who use minoxidil but want to improve quality of their hair.

My dermatologist prescribed me a product for regrowth, which was not minoxidil as he thought my hairloss is due to Vitb12 deficiency.
Now that product may not be as capable as minoxidil (maybe less, maybe more, maybe ymmy), but it has loads of growth factors and proven herbs/components like biotin, caffeine etc. It is in serum form which you have to spray.

It's name is "Seskavel Anti-hair Loss lotion". Don't go by name - doesn't seems to have androgen blockers, so unlikely to halt hairloss. Though has proven growth modulants and alot other things which shall assist growth and make (may make?) our hair very healthy/thick individual stands.
I'll look into this, might possibly be worth adding to the hair protection arsenal.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
but it has loads of growth factors and proven herbs/components like biotin, caffeine etc. It is in serum form which you have to spray.
this just sounds like snake oil..

Besides estradiol or AAs, the only thing i believe might be synergistic with minoxidil is adenosine (which is part of how min works by opening channels which allow adenosine into cells thereby stimulating fibroblast growth factor-7).

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Besides estradiol or AAs, the only thing i believe might be synergistic with minoxidil is adenosine (which is part of how min works by opening channels which allow adenosine into cells thereby stimulating fibroblast growth factor-7).

Na Na, I already said that it may not be anywhere near minoxidil when it come to regrowth, but should at least assist. Moreover, caffeine, biotin and other ingredients are proven. Still I feel compelled to say that one should not expect much from it, except general thick hair with increased growth rate (not regrowth).

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not an Indian product so unlikely to be snake oil. Seems like typical Italian with loads of ingredients. I will upload a pic when I'm free.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure lol, actually i will wait for my next blood test to see if my DHT is low before i buy dutasteride, Bica/CPA + Estradiol is probably keeping my T & DHT low but i guess I'm getting paranoid because i dont know my current blood work.
Even transgender women who took finasteride / dutasteride led to high levels of testosterone, which on an ongoing basis took estradiol

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have lost its outer cover but growth factors included the likes of wheat blah blah, soy blah blah.

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_102908.jpg
    IMG_20190723_102908.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20190723_102921.jpg
    IMG_20190723_102921.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 163

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Na Na, I already said that it may not be anywhere near minoxidil when it come to regrowth, but should at least assist. Moreover, caffeine, biotin and other ingredients are proven. Still I feel compelled to say that one should not expect much from it, except general thick hair with increased growth rate (not regrowth).
I'm sure popping a biotin pill would be better than splashing it on scalp diluted with alcohol and wheat and other stuff

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ein is it pointless to take dutasteride with bicalutamide/cyproterone acetate and estrogen? do i need dutasteride to get the full effect of this therapy, if i do need it, then i will order a years supply of it tonight.
It is useful. It works by an entirely different mechanism and reducing DHT separately is useful because it's binding capacity is much more than testosterone.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is useful. It works by an entirely different mechanism and reducing DHT separately is useful because it's binding capacity is much more than testosterone.

Okay, I'll see if i need it, when i go for my next blood test, I'm only on 50mg Bicaludamide ( which by itself isn't stong enough at 50mg) but im also on CPA and i read that it lowers Testosterone and DHT + I'm on estrogen, so before i try adding Dutasteride l just check my blood first.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if this is true, then would even females with their low androgen levels gradually get more body hair throughout their life?
Yes, it is possible, but I'm not sure, because it might even differ with morphology of cells. Because the levels of androgens are in traces, there is a possibility that it binds somewhere else. Estrogen can also affect SHBG, so the traces of androgens may not just affect females.
any idea how that might be acquired?
By making a testosterone-dioxin complex, but that's highly unsafe too.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think chest hair is a bit of an exception.

Before:
View attachment 124375

After about a year of hrt:
View attachment 124383
But you said that it goes away and then comes back, right? (Could be some unexpected form of Telogen Effluvium)
Also, there are tons of ways of having hairloss on different parts of body. An expressed gene shows effects under normal circumstances. You can't expect to have the same facial hair on eflornithine, right? Maybe it's your regimen that affects your chest hair. :oops:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely unrelated to hair loss, and this probably isn't the best place to ask, but does anyone have PTSD or know how to ease it, would xanax work? I have really bad intrusive thoughts since 2018 and it's really stressful to where it disrupts my daily life, and the internet isn't really clear on a best treatment for it. Do any of you have any experience with that ?
Yes.. you know what the Dr used to give people years ago that complained about feeling unwell? A shovel. :D