Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't care about libido and sex drive like a lot of finasteride users are. but my biggest fear of starting an estrogenic regimen is getting a blood clot/pulmonary embolism. being on estrogen is like having a gun to you're head because of the constant fear of having a blood clot and that you will have to move around to avoid it. for someone like me who likes to write, read etc it doesn't seem worth it. doing this is more ideal for someone who likes to travel, be around people, or spend time doing sports/active hobbies. but then i still want to keep my hair, having long hair has always been part of my identity and having to let that go has been difficult, but even worse that i have to accept an ugly version of myself. some people argue that hair loss isn't that bad, but i struggle with depression, low bone density, having hair loss ruins my confidence and my will to recover from my other health issues.

I have zero experience with these regimens myself, but I have read that a d-dimer test can tell early signs that your blood has potential blod clots being present and degraded into smaller proteins. You can test it by doing a blood test, but it has to be specified and is not usually a part of a normal blood test. Certain types of estrogen has higher risks of blood clots such as estrone (metabolite of estradiol) and ethinylestradiol. Estrone can be stored as deposits in fat, so maybe it can be reduced by loosing fat (but thats just a wild guess). Estradiol itself is like a fifty-fifty good and bad mix, but the estrone is probably the culprit that makes it bad.

I think keeping the hematocrit low is probably a good thing also if you are worried about blood clots. Hematocrit is the percentage of red blood cells, so the higher, the less viscous and thicker the blood is. Keep yourself hydrated all the time and avoid things that may dehydrate you (like alcohol and caffeine), and avoiding food and supplements with high iron content. Reducing testosterone will most likely reduce hematocrit further because of less erythropoietin being released in the bone marrow

In the end I think dosage is the key. The more you use, the higher risk, which goes for everything in life in general. Stick to the lowest dosage possible for a reasonable effect is probably the best. And doing blood tests once in a while, which you should do anyway even if not doing any regimen.

Anyway, insane hair regrowth on thread starter. I doubt I will ever consider estradiol or any testosterone reducing regimen myself, since testosterone crucial for keeping my masculinity and physical performance. I'm just trying to delay my hair loss for 10-20 years and then just man up and let nature do it's thing. Mostly to keep me in the "game". Going completely bald will probably reduce my chances of getting girls, but turning into a borderline female will probably almost guarantee a lonely life for a heterosexual male like me.

When I read this thread, I start to wonder, you guys will keep taking AA's and estrogen for the rest of your lives? Cause stopping estrogen will probably make you loose the gains very quickly, right?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I read this thread, I start to wonder, you guys will keep taking AA's and estrogen for the rest of your lives? Cause stopping estrogen will probably make you loose the gains very quickly, right?

I will most likely take anti-androgens and estrogen for the rest of my life, which will most likely be until my 50s knowing my family history of early deaths. I don't think stopping estrogen would lead to losing hair, you could maintain on anti-androgens alone. However that will lead to hot flushes, osteoporosis and other issues caused by a lack of hormone.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually there is a theory that balding is linked to heart disease and possibly that could be a big reason spironolactone works so well since it's used to treat /heart failure aswell. It's possible, but the heart must play a role in hairloss too. It's said that thinning hair is an early sign of pre heart disease.
Androgens are also linked to heart disease.
Men get heart disease about 10 years earlier than women. Athletes who abuse androgenic steriods have a sharply increased risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke. One study found the testosterone to estradiol ratio to be nearly twice higher in men with coronary heart disease compared with age matched controls.

Screenshot_20190315-181750_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190316-084832_1_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-132703_1.jpg

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe we can avoid osteoporosis by taking breaks from our altered state of hormones, allowing bones to recover a little before ending the break, im not sure how hair would be affected by this but, after we reach NW0 and then start taking breaks, it could solve the issue of possible osteoporosis. i don't know if its a good or bad idea, but it's an idea.
we don't need to take a break if we are taking estrogen. In that case taking a break would actually make bone density worse

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Certain types of estrogen has higher risks of blood clots such as estrone (metabolite of estradiol) and ethinylestradiol. Estrone can be stored as deposits in fat, so maybe it can be reduced by loosing fat (but thats just a wild guess).
its true that most who get blood clots are obese or smokers

Aki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe we can avoid osteoporosis by taking breaks from our altered state of hormones, allowing bones to recover a little before ending the break, im not sure how hair would be affected by this but, after we reach NW0 and then start taking breaks, it could solve the issue of possible osteoporosis. i don't know if its a good or bad idea, but it's an idea.
wether its estrogen or testosterone it shouldn't make a difference in bone density unless the dosage is low. if you go without either your'e bones will become weaker

its true that most who get blood clots are obese or smokers
also being tall seems to increase blood clotting for some stupid reason; that is about every inch in height increases the blood's tendency to clot

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think females who want to transition into males need to have a proper clarification of what it’s going to do to their body. I think before they transition, they should have to go through significant amounts of processes before starting T since it has more drastic changes on the body compared to E.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
also being tall seems to increase blood clotting for some stupid reason; that is about every inch in height increases the blood's tendency to clot
being tall also includes a higher cancer risk because more cell divisions.

but you should probably relax a bit about the blood clots. Everything has risks; testosterone has risks, having low sex hormones has risks, estrogen has risks.. theres no hormonal state which doesn't put you totally risk free for something terrible.. But I believe high E is overall the safest of the 3 options all things considered.

and honestly I'm not totally convinced that estradiol significantly raises risk of blood clots If it is not taken orally. we have to keep in mind that so much data on estrogen all gets lumped together with synthetic versions, older women taking HRT with progestins; a word which implies synthetic versions of progesterone are included, and finally the different routes of administration.

consider the fact that ethynl estradiol is wayy more risky in terms of blod clots than bioidentical E, and yet millions of women take it in birth control.

also oral E goes straight to the liver and the way which it is metabolized induces the liver to release clotting factors. . Its like the difference between eating a piece of fruit with the fiber and antioxidants included and drinking a can of soda.

Screenshot_20190517-045820.jpg

I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that if you took a moderate dose of estradiol topically, buccally or through injection and ~stay thin, ~don't smoke, ~go for a walk everyday, then you'll be fine.

your other options to be androgenic and possibly go bald, get prostate cancer and heart disease

or

go eunuch style and get osteoporosis, hot flashes and brain fog.

Screenshot_20190413-121252.jpg

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think females who want to transition into males need to have a proper clarification of what it’s going to do to their body. I think before they transition, they should have to go through significant amounts of processes before starting T since it has more drastic changes on the body compared to E.
depending on individual opinion, testicular atrophy and the chance of permanent infertility is pretty drastic lol..

but some would actually see that as a good thing, so overall for most testosterone therapy is indeed more drastic to the body cause it contains risk of masculine features that even masculine identifying people don't want to have; like f*****g baldness.. not even the manliest man is happy to be bald. or get f*****g acne and decreased lifespan..

but on the other side of the spectrum the girliest girl would be glad to recieve all the feminine features which estrogen and/or lack of androgens give.. except periods if you count that.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious about it. It's safe in a long term use ? It cannot make the skin thinner or something like that ?
I certainly wouldn't use it everyday or forever. yes it can make the skin thinner and potentially give all kinds of side effects.
How to you apply on the skin ? Because now you have hair ... or only on the sides ?
I only put on the parts of temples which have hairs not thick enough to block the scalp too much

How often ?
3 days a week; Monday, Wednesday and Friday