Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you doing a full MtF transition? Also, I've got to imagine you've had lots of hair regrowth by now with everything you're doing
I am focusing on better hair and skin. I don't deal with breasts fat redistribution and other trans goals. If it happens I deal with it socially or surgically. I also adopted an anti aging regimen which I believe will greatly contribute to slow the effects of aging on hair skin and body.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain to me why is it posted on an hairloss forum. The before pics are all looking better than nw1. Did you mean to post that on a trans subreddit?
To show the subtle or not-so subtle differences between two heads of hair by the same person in both a male and a female context. I believe that the same thing that causes male pattern baldness in males also accounts for male full heads of hair being less attractive as it is all on a spectrum of worsening hair quality. If you only care about coverage, it probably is of no interest to you but my goal is to also find a way to help crappy hair that actually works and is lasting and low-dose estrogen might be able to do that without excessive feminization. I have tried to pick a fair representation and in one of the pics, the male's hair is arguably better than the trans version but I think that this is rare or could be due to lighting.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am focusing on better hair and skin. I don't deal with breasts fat redistribution and other trans goals. If it happens I deal with it socially or surgically. I also adopted an anti aging regimen which I believe will greatly contribute to slow the effects of aging on hair skin and body.
Please do share

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
To show the subtle or not-so subtle differences between two heads of hair by the same person in both a male and a female context. I believe that the same thing that causes male pattern baldness in males also accounts for male full heads of hair being less attractive as it is all on a spectrum of worsening hair quality. If you only care about coverage, it probably is of no interest to you but my goal is to also find a way to help crappy hair that actually works and is lasting and low-dose estrogen might be able to do that without excessive feminization. I have tried to pick a fair representation and in one of the pics, the male's hair is arguably better than the trans version but I think that this is rare or could be due to lighting.
You should create your own thread in the Men's General Hair Loss Discussions.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please do share
I've done it already. NMN 1g & Resveratrol 1g (switching to NAD+ & Pterostilbene is more economical) Rapamycin 6mg weekly Metformin 1g Aspirin 81mg Angiotensin II Statins Exercise and Calorie restrictions.

EDIT: recently added somatropine (HGH). It's the rage in Hollywood.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen is incredibly rejuvenating. Everything except bone can be rewritten. Very all become much paler in color as can be seen in those pics and that's another benefit of HRT, ceteris paribus. I wouldn't go off it if did nothing visible externally. My body was getting used up fast and this halted all of the deterioration, hair included. It came on really fast late in my forties along with the transgender idea and maybe it was just that the stress of T and being male can hit a person all at once. But I had nothing left before as a male, and now, male or female, I feel like a new person. The psychological benefits are unbelievable too and it increases longevity.

And I can always go back if I want to.... Hard to beat.

But it would be an interesting exercise to see if I can cross back. Only problem is D cups that are still getting larger but nothing comes free. I just don't want E cups, I think I don't.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
comparing hair quality is difficult in pics, have to have same angles, lighting, length and hair cut for accuracy. I think on HRT you have to be prepared for a variety of scenarios it may affect you, including no regrowth on E at all even with undesirable side effects.
Did you have a sequence of pics in your balding process? Like the one I posted of Bridge sometime ago - age 18 at 12 o'clock:

1603392361421.png

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I post them frequently. I think a couple of days ago I put up a before pic and then a shed pic and then a pic from a couple of days ago. I am keeping it drenched with estrogel plus I am on day 9 of 10 mg of oral minoxidil plus retain-a and derma-rolling. Now, HRT would be enough but I am in kind of a hurry because Christmas is coming up and I am going to see some people that I haven't seen in a while and I would like to be a finished product. I had painful gum grafts and now bonding and veneers. Tons of laser and electrolysis which I think has helped amazingly with my complexion.

I am try to post every 4 days and I will start taking some closer angles because it is filling in in the crown and the crown is my Rubicon because I found out I was losing my hair when a frat brother came up behind me and sort of fingered and said, "Hey, you are getting a little thin on top" and worst moment of my life, worse than my divorce so even though I never got to the depths that maybe you guys did because treatments all got basically invented right when I needed them and then when they seemed not to be, I start HRT. See, I was a wimp about hair and maybe that makes me a wimp. I couldn't man up and take it to the point where sex meant nothing and you guys even though you want hair are more clear thinking although my real problem was not identifying I was MtF because it was obvious and then not straight out telling my wife.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very few studies on rejuvenation. People would have to look on time lines for themselves. Not everybody looks better so what's the point if not. Generally the good looking guys seem to be good lucking girls which does not surprise me plus people unhappy with results don't post pics so there would have to be a way to control for that. Transgender people are dependent upon the science of birth control and prostate medication, plus pediatrician studies since there are many studies although I believe there are beginning to be more studies. Hard to do any double blind ones though cause you would have to give people phony HRT meds. So there are things that happen or seem to happy but much of the science is just a black-hole.

No hair loss yet but the acne is unpleasant. I have a theory about which type, MtF or FtM are likely to experience skin effects seen as improvement by third parties and they person themself.

Huge MtF improvement in a short period of time:

Bad results.

Not either.

Eh....

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just do a very gradual taper down on the bica? Is there another reason to use cyproterone as well?
Impossible to split the pills they just turn into dust. I imagined i would take cpa to eradicate the excess T caused by bica, allowing me to drop it quickly
You can't stop cold turkey. The two don't interact so I would ramp one upwhile slowing down the other. But why CPA? And why stopping Bica in the first place?
I'm afraid of AR upregulation and mutations

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Impossible to split the pills they just turn into dust. I imagined i would take cpa to eradicate the excess T caused by bica, allowing me to drop it quickly

I'm afraid of AR upregulation and mutations
This is the thing that people talk about related to breasts. Do it apply to hair growth too?