Experiencing Propecia sides, haven't taken it in my life

jonnyonthespot

Reaction score
Hey,

To make sense of the title, I am approaching a NW2 and started to look around to stop this. Came across propecia and was immediately freaked out by the side effects:

• Loss of libido
  • Foggy head
  • Fatigue
  • Low ejaculation volume
  • Low sperm volume
  • Breast tissue growth, sensitive to touch
  • Difficulty maintaining muscle mass
  • Laziness
  • Depression like feelings

But then I realized, I ALREADY suffer from every single one of those. LOL.

Tested my hormones, and only my thyroid came back a little high (which may cause thinning, and I will take care of that soon). Thyroid aside, all those things must be a life style issue (exercise, diet, sleep). I have a pretty ****ty, stressful, and lazy lifestyle. So if I can incorporate cardio, getting all my vitamins and low carb diet, and a good sleep schedule, I truly believe I can reverse those symptoms above. So by taking propecia after doing all these things, I feel as if I won't suffer those sides or make them worse.

Also, I started 5% minoxidil solution and only grew some small fine hairs at the temples and on my face (wtf) also noticed horrible dark patches and wrinkles under my eyes, I guess bad sleep + minoxidil make things get REALLY bad. Cut down to 1mL per day, at night, but from what I'm hearing applying it in the afternoon and washing it off before bed may be the best way to deal with this.

Any thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
That's how I feel. I'm dealing with ED right now, so I'm scared to take propecia. But, if I could just get into optimal shape before trying the penis poison, I think I can stave off some of the nasty side effects. Easier said than done. I never exercise or eat properly like I'm supposed to.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
has finasteride ever been shown to cause people to lose muscle mass?

ive been making solid gains in the gym, like 10 lbs muscle, since I started dutasteride

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Finasteride is such a poisonous drug that it can cause sides in people that have just breathed the same air as finasteride users. I have a friend that has a cousin that used to know this guy that has been suffering pfs symptoms for about 18 months because he breathed in some contaminated air. I heard that they will be conducting a study to identify the reasons why this happens to certain men.:D

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
has finasteride ever been shown to cause people to lose muscle mass?

ive been making solid gains in the gym, like 10 lbs muscle, since I started dutasteride

Haven't many people stated that they have gained muscle when starting dutasteride and even finasteride? I mean it blocks the conversion to DHT and frees up more test which your muscles can use more. I like living a high T lifestyle but I still don't think its the appropriate way to do things. Just how steroids can cause you to crash cuz you are shutting down a system, expect the same with 5AR inhibitors for long term use, especially as something as potent as dutasteride.

mungyana

Reaction score
Finasteride is such a poisonous drug that it can cause sides in people that have just breathed the same air as finasteride users. I have a friend that has a cousin that used to know this guy that has been suffering pfs symptoms for about 18 months because he breathed in some contaminated air. I heard that they will be conducting a study to identify the reasons why this happens to certain men.:D

It's so funny, I forgot to laugh.