Experiencing An Odd Shedding Recently.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the last 4 months i been taking a DHT supplement which has saw palmetto and all that stuff in it and while i was taking it i can't say i noticed a shed but my air continued to recede.

I decided recently to stop taking it worrying it might be speeding up my receding hairline but i been shedding a fair bit since i stopped taking it

Now i dunno if it is down to not taking it anymore but the whole top of my hairline looks so thin and in certain lighting i can almost see where my hairline is heading which looks way to far back and its scary to say the least :(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me but with finasteride, im still on it though. The worst thing you can do is quit, stick it out for at least a year. Im about 9 months on the stuff now and im definitely below baseline. You should look at other options too. Its rare to get success from soley DHT inhibitors, ive added in loniten and im shedding like a dog but its just part of the process. Stay hopeful and stay on treatments!

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just read this on another forum that claims

"When you’re on a drug like propecia it lowers DHT. The body tries to correct for this by making more recepetor sites for DHT. The body however is not able to make enough recepetor sites to completely overcome the lower DHT levels and so therefore you get some hair back.

However when you quit propecia DHT levels return to normal but now you have more receptor sites. This results in the cells uptaking more DHT than ever before. This results in an increase rate of hair loss for awhile.

It will take time for your body to readjust. Gradually over time your body will reduce the DHT receptor sites and your hair will return to normal. Much of the hair you’ve lost since stopping propecia should recover eventually."

If this true then it makes sense because i rarely shed like ever and my hair recently has looked like sh*t.

Although now this makes me scared to go back on it. f*** my body!