Experiences after switching from Merck to Dr Reddy's Propecia?

abcdefg

Reaction score
You have to keep in mind things are ever changing in your body as you age. Its not like your hair is going to stay constant after switching the shed can just be a coincidence I mean no one even knows exactly how lowering DHT like that affects hair and everything else its changing like T and estrogen. You need pictures and major long term changes not just one day you wake up and you think a few more hairs come out in the shower or something.

Dinerman

Reaction score
Hey, New to the forum and wanted to share my experience. Came to the forum to research my problem with Dr. Reddy's coming from about 2 years on Propecia. I was on it six weeks and had a definite thinning issue. I did not have any shedding like when I first start Propecia but I did notice when a hair fell out it was replaced by a much thinner follicle. I noticed it very quickly. I since switched back to the brand name and am hopeful I did not permanently lose any hair. Results pending.

It is frustrating because I was excited to save money. I know the active ingredient is the same and it seems a lot of people had success with it but I am glad I swapped back as quick as I did. I don't know the chemistry, the 'filler' or binders or whether or not I had an unusual reaction but I certainly echo the sentiment of other posters. I think money is a concern to us all but if you do have the funds I would recommend you stick with what works best for you. I sure would not trade the stress I felt recently for $30 bucks a month.

I know it is hard to sift through all the information out there but I wanted to share my experience. Hope it helps someone out!

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on proscar for over a decade then my last batch I switched to a generic version as there was a significant price difference. Over 3 months later, I have definitely lost ground so I am back on the original as of today. Im certain that the generic version I used is not as effective comparing it to the original. I hope I am able to regain what ive lost?

Lance

Reaction score
I posted my results in several threads about this topic but I'll go ahead and reply to this one as well...

I used Propecia for well over a decade with positive results. My pharmacist switched me to Dr Reddys about four months back, since then my hair has been thinning rapidly, so I switched back. I'm now on my third day of being back on Propecia. I can't imagine ever going back to Dr Reddys.

robtpenn

Reaction score
Generic Propecia

I posted my results in several threads about this topic but I'll go ahead and reply to this one as well...

I used Propecia for well over a decade with positive results. My pharmacist switched me to Dr Reddys about four months back, since then my hair has been thinning rapidly, so I switched back. I'm now on my third day of being back on Propecia. I can't imagine ever going back to Dr Reddys.
A tried Dr Reddy's a few months ago had bad results (after using Merck Propecia for over 10 years). I was surprised since I like generics and had waited years for this one. Couple questions 1) When will Merck begin dropping their price - thus far I only have the $50 off coupon for 3 month supply, and 2) What other generics are now on the market and has anyone tried them. I'd like to stick with Propecia and thought the price would be dropping by now but had not last time I checked
Thanks

darksaurian

Reaction score
I think Dr. Reddy's randomly gives me headaches and mild fevers. And my skin felt like it was burning sometimes. It could be something else, not 100% sure about anything yet. Getting my tap water tested. I think it was Dr. Reddy's pills, though. I don't think every bottle is the same. Never had any big issues with propecia. Both kept my hair intact, though, no shedding with either one.