Excellent results with Caboki

Dreamliner

Reaction score
I ordered my first trial of Caboki about 3-4 months back and have to say it has been great. I've since ordered another bottle and use it before work/going out socially. My hair loss is generally on the top (diffuse) and crown areas so it does a good job of sticking to hair to give me volume. As I generally shower at night, let my hair air dry and then put the Rogaine in. In the mornings, my hair is totally dry when I style it with paste (only in the front). I then put the Caboki concealer on generously on the top/front/crown. Next I use a comb to fluff the area slightly to make sure the product is evenly distributed. I've had no issues with losing it during windy/wet days. I get enough coverage that my hairloss does not look as bad but it is possible to use a lot of it to get a pretty much full head of hair. It washes out completely in the shower with just water. The colour (medium brown) matches perfectly.

I'll post some photos when I get a chance. Overall, I'm very impressed with the product (It is the first and only concealer I've used)

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it's next on my list to try - I've used nanofibres and Toppik, both seem basically the same.

do you use the locking mist?

isyed

Reaction score
I use Caboki from time to time and it seems like a good temporary fix.
But I've always wondered if it does have any side effects. I can't help but think that the rate at which I was losing hair was substantially slower before I used Caboki.
Are there any ingredients in there that can either cause follicles to die due to “clogging” them or causing other sort of irritation which may cause more to die?

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Caboki from time to time and it seems like a good temporary fix.
But I've always wondered if it does have any side effects. I can't help but think that the rate at which I was losing hair was substantially slower before I used Caboki.
Are there any ingredients in there that can either cause follicles to die due to “cloggingâ€￾ them or causing other sort of irritation which may cause more to die?

It is very unlikely that a concealer would lead to hair loss.
Yes, i've heard people supporting this, but i think it's just their normal advancement of hair loss, not because of concealer.
Concealer fibers are big, they can't penetrate the skin and get to the hair root. Even substances like minoxidil must have a proper vehicle so they can penetrate the skin, otherwise they can't reach the hair follicle. So iut's very unlilkely that a solid think like hair fibers could cause any harm on the follicle.
The worst they can do is irritate the scalp, but that means nothing for the hair root which is 2 mm deep.
Hair follicle is "fueled" by the blood vessels, can't be "clogged" by concealer.
Of course, there is a theory that scalp fibrosis can suffcoate the follicle, but scap fibrosis is generated by DHT or PGS-2, etc, not by putting something on your hair/scalp.
So as long the fibers stay solid, there are 0% chances they can get under the skin.
And anyway, if you sweat excessively go in rain etc, i think you would wash out concealer and eventually aplly again, beause it doesn't look as good when the scalp gets wet.

isyed

Reaction score
Yes, i've heard people supporting this, but i think it's just their normal advancement of hair loss, not because of concealer.
Concealer fibers are big, they can't penetrate the skin and get to the hair root. Even substances like minoxidil must have a proper vehicle so they can penetrate the skin, otherwise they can't reach the hair follicle. So iut's very unlilkely that a solid think like hair fibers could cause any harm on the follicle.
The worst they can do is irritate the scalp, but that means nothing for the hair root which is 2 mm deep.
Hair follicle is "fueled" by the blood vessels, can't be "clogged" by concealer.
Of course, there is a theory that scalp fibrosis can suffcoate the follicle, but scap fibrosis is generated by DHT or PGS-2, etc, not by putting something on your hair/scalp.
So as long the fibers stay solid, there are 0% chances they can get under the skin.
And anyway, if you sweat excessively go in rain etc, i think you would wash out concealer and eventually aplly again, beause it doesn't look as good when the scalp gets wet.

I appreciate the detailed reponse. So just don't wear it to the gym. And don'y apply it immediately after minoxidil. Makes sense, thank you.

Dreamliner

Reaction score
why people want absolutely put things they don't know (not natural) in their scalp ?
Every hair powder are the same cosmetically, but you should take a natural one.

Mine is Kmax hair powder because it contains only keratine and silica. I know I recommend it everytime but it's the only 100% natural brand I found.

Caboki is 100% natural. It is made from plant fibers.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
In the past when I used a concealer (topic) more regularly), Afterward I would blow dry my hair on a medium setting, concentrating on the targeted region(s) of course, and then follow with a light spraying of hair fixative. I found this not only complementarily helped to "evenly" disperse the concealer fibers, it gave my hair a more subtle and natural look plus the added advantage of "body" or volume.

dexta

Reaction score
I use Dushi fibers, they're 100% natural too.

jazzcat

Reaction score

well said. Agreed that the main hair loss factor is the DHT. that's about the gene.
I was thinking if I worried concealer would cause hair loss, this "worry" may actually cause more hair loss, not the product itself.

Lynn P

Reaction score
Being 100% natural is what caused me to try Caboki and I found it is the only product of this type that didn't make my head itch. It covers really well for me but I did have to go one shade darker vs. the others I've used.