Excellent :D

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats :)

Great head of hair broseph. I am starting propecia after minoxidil stopped working. You were smart to begin finasteride BEFORE the effectiveness of minoxidil began to wane. Well done, sir.

That ball ache was a b**ch! I had it for 5 or 6 full days and I reduced dosage and ALL sides went away (had some minor ED and loss of libido going on). I am slowly increasing my dosage to 0.5 daily, after beginning a week ago on 0.25 mg every other day, I am now taking 0.25 mg without any trouble each morning. After a week of this, I am going to switch to 0.5 daily and maintain at that for the foreseeable future. Hopefully that is effective on its own. I can always increase if the need presents itself.

Hope you have continued success with your hair!!

Reaction score
medmax84 said:
Congrats :)

Great head of hair broseph. I am starting propecia after minoxidil stopped working. You were smart to begin finasteride BEFORE the effectiveness of minoxidil began to wane. Well done, sir.

That ball ache was a b**ch! I had it for 5 or 6 full days and I reduced dosage and ALL sides went away (had some minor ED and loss of libido going on). I am slowly increasing my dosage to 0.5 daily, after beginning a week ago on 0.25 mg every other day, I am now taking 0.25 mg without any trouble each morning. After a week of this, I am going to switch to 0.5 daily and maintain at that for the foreseeable future. Hopefully that is effective on its own. I can always increase if the need presents itself.

Hope you have continued success with your hair!!

Thanks!! Yes that ball ache man!! :thumbsdown: pain the arse, glad to say i havent had it since my 1st week of starting though!!...as i said also my semen was watery but even everything there is back to normal now...my body has just acustomized itself to the finasteride i think!!

Now i'm just hoping i can hold off for a few years until a real cure comes our way :jump: Heres hoping hey! :mrgreen:

Trig

Reaction score
So do are the sides more likely to occur if you take higher dosages? I am planning on starting to take 1mg daily starting from nothing. And is there any order I should start taking finasteride and minoxidil in? Right not I'm not taking anything but I pretty much plan to start both within the month. Should I just go ahead and take both at the same time?

Carlos..

Reaction score
Mate that result really bought a smile to my face, I have started on MSN, Nizoral and minoxidil 5% and now waiting/ hoping to see results. I have ordered some Proscar, is proscar as good as the stuff you get from the Dr's? Thanks for making my day :tongue:

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Trig said:
So do are the sides more likely to occur if you take higher dosages? I am planning on starting to take 1mg daily starting from nothing. And is there any order I should start taking finasteride and minoxidil in? Right not I'm not taking anything but I pretty much plan to start both within the month. Should I just go ahead and take both at the same time?

If I Could do it over again, I'd start with .25 daily for a week then .5 daily for a week and finally 1 mg. That way your body has 2 weeks to adjust more slowly to the lower DHT levels. They come down more slowly than if you just toss that 1 mg tab in there. Plenty of people adjust fine with that 1 mg tab, but I didn't. I am slowly going to work back up to it over the course of a few months... my body's always been pretty sensitive to chemicals/drugs though.

Reaction score
Carlos.. said:
Mate that result really bought a smile to my face, I have started on MSN, Nizoral and minoxidil 5% and now waiting/ hoping to see results. I have ordered some Proscar, is proscar as good as the stuff you get from the Dr's? Thanks for making my day :tongue:

cheers mate!! i think the big difference between success and failure is how soon you treat it and how young sometimes!!

i ordered my fincar from united pharmacies, no probs with it and seems to be strengthning ,my hair also

I have dropped msm btw, just got lazy no other reason really!!

good luck!

Carlos..

Reaction score
Yea yiur hair looks awesome. Definatly working what your doing. Im 19 so im hoping I have caught it in time ;)

Reaction score
HEY guys!! its me i'm back again!!!!

just thought i'd drop in and update!!!

Things are still looking great!! :punk:

i no longer use the rogaine foam! it ran out and i was pretty skint so could'nt buy anymore but i doesn't seemed to have effected me even though thats what orginally made all the difference.......no i solely take 1mg of fincar every 2DAYS...no idea why i do this, i think i got lazy and tired of cutting them up....so now every other day i'l pop a 1mg fincar tab!!

hang in there guys, i can't believe lookin back to the 1st page how far i've come!!

here is a pic taken today!!
image-upload-35-799223.jpg

keep it up guys!!!

Attachments

• image-upload-35-799223.jpg
    image-upload-35-799223.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 465

JWM

Reaction score
How long ago did you drop the Foam. If it was recent I suggest you hope back on it at least once a day or there may be a shed in your future.

dazedandconfused16

Reaction score
hey were you able to exercise such as swim and run and sweat while using the rogaine foam? there are some threads that say that stuff runs when you sweat and grows hair where it runs.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wah...0.6mg of finasteride only.
I hope 1mg would be more than enough for me.

Nice.
Happy for you.

slacker86

Reaction score
Autumn Sundown said:
Damn, your hair looks better than mine does and I didn't even start losing it yet. :bravo:

I'm guessing you have way too much time on your hands?

amsch

Reaction score
get back on the foam my friend... Or you'll regret it. As far as I know you hadn't got any side effects, so why change a successfull/easy regimen?

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone that remembers how his old before pictures look like describe it for me? his after photos are on page 3 but it's not telling me much if i dont see before pictures :)

Reaction score
Fellas! It's me i'm back again! It's been over 4 years since I started this thread! :woot: WOW!!

To see where I was when I made this thread is phenomenal!

Things are still great.

My routine is now part of my life, just like brushing my teeth, 1mg of finasteride per day and 1 half cap of rogaine foam per day (not 2 like they have you think you need) after a shower.

That's it! I don't even think about it anymore and its fantastic! I miss the odd day here and there but 99% of the time I stick to that daily.

Here is a pic of my current state right this minute!

scaled.php

Keep with it fellas, don't give up :punk:

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Nice results man! I have the same pattern of baldness so hoping to get results like yours!

Have you had any issues (sides, libido, ect) with finasteride, being on it for this long?