Excellent :D

Reaction score
Decided to edit to show a before and after and get rid of all the inbetweeny pics!!

current progress is excellent, started finasteride about one month ago and msm supplement at same time

Was really worried about finasteride but i'm over it now, i think 90% of sides are in peoples heads tbh
had nut ache for 2 days during first week but that went away and has not returned...and semen a little more waterey than usual, other than that :punk: its all good

my regime looks like this

finasteride 0.6mg per day
minoxidil 2 x day
msm 2250 mg per day

thinking about started green tea extract, anyone have any opinions on this??

BEFORE
before.jpg

As of 02 may 08

DSC01336gf-1.jpg

just want to say a massive thanks to for all the info on this board...dunno where i'd be without it all

(bald probably) :mrgreen:

ta guys

pmill

Reaction score
Re: Rogaine foam and nizoral 4 months

it deff got alot better,,i realized people like to come on this site and read others posts and never leave a comment,,pretty sad..but i also use the foam and got great results from it..goodluck keep with it and never stop using it

Reaction score

i'll post a more detailed story later gotta rush out!!

:punk:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

did you experience any shedding? that is to say, did it get worse before it got better?

are you using any foam on the hairline?

also, i'd at least TRY propecia. if you experience any negative effects you can stop taking it and they'll go away. it's the only proven longterm treatment and works extra well with minoxidil, or so i've heard and am hoping as i just started on the foam (for hairline only).

grats on your success!

Reaction score

treeshrew said:
did you experience any shedding? that is to say, did it get worse before it got better?

are you using any foam on the hairline?

also, i'd at least TRY propecia. if you experience any negative effects you can stop taking it and they'll go away. it's the only proven longterm treatment and works extra well with minoxidil, or so i've heard and am hoping as i just started on the foam (for hairline only).

grats on your success!

Tbh no i didnt notice any shedding but then again i've never noticed any...probably because i had my hair buzzed for so long!!

my hairline is still the same as when i was 14 and its pretty solid so havent felt the need to apply it there...although when i use the foam, i rub the excess residue left on my fingers all over my head...

i know i am tempted very tempted to get on propecia, i think above all i'm scared...i've read about guys who having stopped still have probs down there upto a year later :thumbsdown:

ish no good!!!

haha

i'm in limbo over it :freaked2:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i spent a few months totally psyching myself out over propecia - reading all the horror stories over at propeciahelp. The biggest hesitation for me was scheduling the derm appt to ask for the prescription. It turned out to be very easy, in and out, the guy was cool, and off I went.

Bottom line is yes, a VERY small percentage of people experience horrific things like prostatitis, permanent ED etc. But the number is so incredibly small I decided it was worth the risk of trying. I've been on it 2 months now and my only regret is i didn't start earlier - no side effects, nothing - piece of cake. I suppose it is a bit of a gamble, but the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Not to mention your hairloss pattern is the ideal candidate for propecia. Just my thoughts!

moter

Reaction score

treeshrew said:
i spent a few months totally psyching myself out over propecia - reading all the horror stories over at propeciahelp. The biggest hesitation for me was scheduling the derm appt to ask for the prescription. It turned out to be very easy, in and out, the guy was cool, and off I went.

Bottom line is yes, a VERY small percentage of people experience horrific things like prostatitis, permanent ED etc. But the number is so incredibly small I decided it was worth the risk of trying. I've been on it 2 months now and my only regret is i didn't start earlier - no side effects, nothing - piece of cake. I suppose it is a bit of a gamble, but the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Not to mention your hairloss pattern is the ideal candidate for propecia. Just my thoughts!

Why should he start Propecia when he's responding this well to minoxidil?

If he did have sides on Propecia and had to stop he would most likely shed big time.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I agree - with the success he's had no reason to start propecia

feenix101

Reaction score

When i first started finasteride i got the first infamous "ball-ache" at day 7. To put it in positive perspective, I've gotten this ball ache about 4 times in total during the first 3 months, none worse then the other, and lasts for a few minutes. I did shed quite abit also, but it always came back stronger within a couple weeks of a new shedding cycle. But the shedding periods for me lasts about a month. So if or when a shedding period strikes u, DON'T PANIC, relax and let it grow in a bit.

Reaction score
*UPDATE*

ok well, its been almost 4 months since i started fincar after getting great results from the foam!!

And its still going great!!

Apart from the 1st week ball ache i havent had any sides from finasteride :D none at all!! Even my semen is normal again!!

I seem to be shedding quite a bit every time i wash my hair but am not losing any ground!! or doesnt look like!! i went on holiday with a few friends who are not suffereing male pattern baldness and found it interesting that when in shower they were shedding the same if not more hair than me!!! that was kinda cool because i was freaking out a bit!!

one thing i am noticing is that im finding it harder to apply the foam and actually feel like its getting to my scalp...with the more coverage, longer hair the harder foam is to apply...would it be a bad move to move to liquid????

also i should point out that ive changed my dose for the foam to once a day!!

heres a pic of current progress!! before pic on first page

DSC03150.jpg

Ruthlessx

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask how old you are and how long you'd been losing hair before starting treatment?

Reaction score
currently 22 years old...been losing slowly since 19 years old maybe, that when someone first commented on it anyway!!

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
That progress is phenomenal, man.

Just goes to show what can happen if you catch it early :woot:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how you cutting it to 0.6mg finasteride?

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
well, that's just a perfect result really isn't it... no one would tell you had any balding going on at all from the latest pics.

congrats

Reaction score
mj9 said:
how you cutting it to 0.6mg finasteride?

basically i just take a sharp knife and cut my fincar into as equal 8 pieces as i can....some end up bigger than others a little but it seems to be working and ive had no sides apart from what i said in an earlier post