Evidence About Mediterranean Diet: Fresh Herbs And Fresh Vegetables

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didnt even read the article because I can tell you it's bullshit from personal experience. I am from Greece and although most people have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, there are a lot of men with alopecia. Unfortunately it is all about genetics. This is why for example in Netherlands most people have perfect hair although they simingly have worse quality of fruits/vegetables...

I am done feeling guilty of my lifestyle choices and questioning whether I do something wrong. There are people with way worse habits that have never had any issue with their hair. No more f*****g pseudoresearch papers done by pathetic professors/researchers just to show some academic progress. Only actual, industrial research like Tsuji's...

Last edited:

Daiki

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand. What you think about.
But I consider if you have a hair loss program you have to do more careful like a food stores and so on.
Because when you taking stores you lose minerals. But if you don’t have hair loss problems actually from gene
They don’t need careful.
So I want to say gene is directly related to hair loss. But if you will careful food stores and so on. Maybe can more slowly.
I’m asking you. you did some experiments? about food.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Half of my family is from that area too, and all the males have major hair loss. Eating or not eating certain foods just isnt going to be the cure. Sorry

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half of my family is from that area too, and all the males have major hair loss. Eating or not eating certain foods just isnt going to be the cure. Sorry

Iwas watching the worldcup and all the japanese players were thick norwood 0-1 : ( even their 63yo old coach
I'm moving to japan !!!
Akira_Nishino_2018.jpg

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought this for a while too, but I have a really good diet, healthy body fat, perfect blood work every time. Its just plain ol' luck on the genetic lottery. I bet there is some genetic factors people don't factor in though, like liver function or something like that.

Last edited:

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To all arguing that eating healthy does nothing for hair, have you ever think about this?

“The evidence for nutrient declines began to accumulate in the 1940s with observations of (environmental) dilution effects on minerals in many foods and diverse other plants. Recent studies of historical nutrient content data for fruits and vegetables spanning 50 to 70 years show apparent median declines of 5% to 40% or more in minerals, vitamins, and protein in groups of foods, especially in vegetables.” Declining Fruit and Vegetable Nutrient Composition: What Is the Evidence? Donald R. Davis. Biochemical Institute, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712; and Bio-Communications Research Institute, 3100 North Hillside Avenue, Wichita, KS 67219.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So olive oil, feta cheese and tomatoes are the cure ?! Oh sh*t, i'm already Mediterranean and eating a lot of those....

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No doubt if you are susceptible to hairloss and your follicles are over sensitive. Eating junk food and hfcs will have a detrimental effect on your hair. Animal fat has been proven to increase androgen production.

inmyhead

Reaction score
What caused food to lose the finasteride in it so that hair loss is more common these days?

Reactions: Btg

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think that guy has some hair loss though although at 63 its certainly pretty minor.
Id like to see someone go from a bad diet to a good diet, and get hormone tests before/after. Does DHT increase or decrease from the diet? Although you have to make sure its not just changing naturally due to aging.
You should be trying to eat a decent diet regardless of any hair benefits though.