Ever Wanted To Give Up/withdraw From Society?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's how I feel from the early 20-s and it's not connected with balding or looks in general.

I mirin at that "positive" fucks like tellersquill who are running around loaded with "energy", motivation other bullshit. Lol @ this moron with his shitty poems, "die in Antarctica" dream and introvert-to-extravert inner switch on demand. It feels that people like him are from another world. Tbh I am content with myself and withdrew from society a quite a long ago...But if you did it once it could be very hard to come back.

I'm willing to go SEA next year again but this time I won't settle in particular place and gonna change cities/countries every month. That's how I plan to add a bit of diversity to my life. At the same time, I'm planning to write my own project (IT), but it requires to halt my regular job which is risky but I will take chances. So the idea of "pursuing some pie-in-the-sky project that I've always dreamed of" is something I can relate as well.

Important to note that it wouldn't be possible if I haven't a distant job. So I am lucky here.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've had some developments in my life lately that have made me seriously question the goals I've worked towards over the last years. For a lot of reasons I simply don't feel as motivated to pursue them anymore. To fill the void I've toyed with ideas of taking the savings I have, moving to a third-world country and living like a lazy bum for the rest of my life. Or maybe leeching off my gf and pursuing some pie-in-the-sky project that I've always dreamed of.

Yes, maybe I have these feelings because I don't like responsibility and want to escape. But I can't help but feel that the daily grind of modern life is not something that will bring me happiness. Most of the trains that I needed to catch for this kind of life to make sense have already left the station. Just a year ago I had all this energy that was focused towards realizing all sorts of goals, professionally and romantically. Now I kinda just feel like plopping out a kid and calling it a day.

Anyone feel the same? I guess most people reach this point at some stage in their life, but I honestly feel sort of lost right now and need to talk about it.
Yes, I do feel the same but I think its a little too early for you to feel this way. I have experienced the daily grind of modern life much longer than you have and to me its evolved to something even worse. I would love to go back to living in the 80's again. Of course, internet was nothing back then so I might miss venting on forums like this but it was still better.

I don't know if plopping out a kid is going to make things better for you. You then have to put someone else into the same position you are seriously questioning now. Sounds like you reached a slump in your life that needs some new direction. I have to do that in order to move on. You need to make use of your talents. You are one of the most articulate people I have ever met and I don't understand why you don't direct your talent to writing. I don't know what your goals are or were but you definitely have the intelligence to make a major impact on the daily grind of modern life. Maybe I am biased based on the fact that I don't expose myself to enough people like you but you definitely stand out here.
I think Johnson has been pondering some of the same things as yourself. I know Wolf, on the other hand, is enjoying his new hair and new young girlfriend and in living in La La Land. I am happy for him too. I think when he decided to move on from his serious relationship and get a hair transplant, his life sparked into a new direction that I think is working for him. Basically, a re-invention of the wheel so to speak.

For me, at this point in my life, I don't know what new direction I could go to make my life any better. I am at a slump myself and maybe because I still don't have the right person to help me find a new direction. Sometimes it takes someone else to find that but then if you can't it's totally up to you do to so. I have been giving up on alot of things in life just because I have lived in fear too much of what could go wrong if I took some new chances. Not only that but I feel I have too many regrets to even want to move into some new direction.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had some developments in my life lately that have made me seriously question the goals I've worked towards over the last years. For a lot of reasons I simply don't feel as motivated to pursue them anymore. To fill the void I've toyed with ideas of taking the savings I have, moving to a third-world country and living like a lazy bum for the rest of my life. Or maybe leeching off my gf and pursuing some pie-in-the-sky project that I've always dreamed of.

Yes, maybe I have these feelings because I don't like responsibility and want to escape. But I can't help but feel that the daily grind of modern life is not something that will bring me happiness. Most of the trains that I needed to catch for this kind of life to make sense have already left the station. Just a year ago I had all this energy that was focused towards realizing all sorts of goals, professionally and romantically. Now I kinda just feel like plopping out a kid and calling it a day.

Anyone feel the same? I guess most people reach this point at some stage in their life, but I honestly feel sort of lost right now and need to talk about it.

Every day

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
My job notwithstanding, I live as a recluse. No social events nor social interactions, if not work-related. There's no place for ugly, bald guys outh there.

hit the english bar... I bet there are a lot of similar people

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My job notwithstanding, I live as a recluse. No social events nor social interactions, if not work-related. There's no place for ugly, bald guys outh there.
There's a place for everyone man. Srs, you may say I'm coping but you're not alone. I want to see everyone on this damn forum bald, balding or whatever, f*****g make it brahs. Anyone who writes you off because of your genetics f*** em! I used to think the same way that everyone was out to get me, there's genuine people out there bro you're gonna make it. We all are.

resu

Reaction score
At 30 and balding I'm invisible to everyone and specially to women so I already did. Even if I could get a gf I wouldn't want to be in any relationship unless I felt neutral or good (about myself). Hair loss is like a succubus, I only feel alive in my dreams, maybe because my conscious isn't active in my sleep and hair loss isn't affecting me even though I'm not depressed or thinking about it all day long unless when the itch is unbearable.

There's a lid for every pot but I don't feel like it anymore. At 30 I don't care about going out and partying in groups, at this age I should have moved in with a partner and be living a solid relationship and with kids preferable. This is the issue with most people these days since people choose careers over family and it makes us feel we lack a purpose.

If it wasn't for hair loss making us feel and look older we would (most of us anyway) still have the "drive", my older brother is 40 and he still has the drive he still had at 20, maybe because he's tall and still has hair,

The only reason I mentioned women is because that's the goal, either people want to accept it or not, or are aware or not, that's it. Try and get a libido killer and see how much joy of life and drive you're left with.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, I feel the complete opposite of what you're feeling right now.

Did you choose your goals or did you pursue what you thought was right?

I say this because you were quite vocal about how you developed your career, how you bought real estate like the tycoon you are. "This is what winners do Billy! And if you don't get that, well you're a loser!" That's the vibe I got from you anyway.

People often mock me for my career choices or the fact that I appear to be lazy, but every time they do that, I tell myself that I'm doing something right.

I get like one golden job opportunities every week, I could do things yet I don't pull the trigger, because I know deep down that I shouldn't do it, I really believe this, while many people around me are telling me I am foolish.

I like to think that I know exactly what I'm doing, because I know myself better than other people ever will, I know what's good for me and what will make me more content with myself in the future, what will give my life meaning and bring me some happiness, or at least the least amount of suffering possible.

I cannot say this enough: I love my life right now. Sure it has his minor challenges and setbacks every day, and there are a few tragedies occurring around me, but seriously, when you have:

- A loving girlfriend
- Great friends
- A job in which you feel happy and valued
- A reflection that you like in the mirror
- Hobbies that you truly enjoy and give your life meaning
- Personal goals (and I mean truly personal)

It's close to impossible to be unhappy.

A lot of people don't get much of my choices but they can see that I at least have integrity so they respect that.

Some people will tell me that I deserve a better-looking girlfriend, that my job and my company are ridiculous for someone who has so much potential, that it was foolish to get all these looksmaxing operations (even my girlfriend will mock the fact that I whiten my teeth), that I like to play video games and watch entertainment (haha, such a time waste when you could spend time doing something productive! Uh...), and finally, that my goals are cliché and that I should dream bigger.

Only yesterday, my best friend tried to get me into this real estate deal "dude, don't you want to make a bit more money?!"

No I don't. Yes, I just want to fill my time with playing video games, playing my sh*t guitar, watching entertainment, all while slowly advancing my so-called unambitious career in my supposedly ridiculous company while I start a family with my looksmatched girlfriend.

On the outside, my life will seem quite unspectacular, but I think people are not living the life that they truly want and that would really be good for them because they don't aim low enough (yeah you read that right).

They think a simple life is beneath them. Do you believe that?

You're onto something with that idea of starting a family. Do it!

I felt boring while reading this... Muh gf muh hobbies muh carier muh family

don't know why tho, all the things listed are quite fruitful by themselves

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have actually written for pay before but I don't like it. Honestly, I might not have the raw talent for it. You also have to realize that it's an extremely marginal existence. I have considered doing some multi-format stuff like a Youtube channel. I have thought up several different projects over the years, both media-related ones and more traditional entrepeneurial ventures. I'll have to pick one and focus though.

The reason I want kids is that I feel it is one of the few things left that I feel would give my life some sort of purpose. Making a couple of successful, well-adjusted kids to make up for all my failings and missed opportunities. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. My gf wants kids too so it's not like I'm forcing anyone here.

And pardon me asking, but how come you are still single Doctor? Have you ever been married?
No, never been married. Something I just could not commit to because I could not find someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with just yet. I can get bored with people easily so I don't know if I really would be good marriage material anyway.

Zircon, if you are ready for kids, I think you might just go in that direction. If you feel this girlfriend is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with then what is stopping you? You do have a direction right now.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Proved my point: "Girlfriend? Family? Hobbies? Job? Telling the truth?! Boooring!"

You think these things are beneath you.

Maybe I should revert back to the old Polar Bear.

View attachment 57316

Yes, slaying 5 prime Asian girls per 5 nights from Tinder – that how I remember old Fred

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sex is only a biological impulse, ugh, how can humans even pursue that?

All ogre.
It's the passions of the old animal human it's fine if you think you are only an animal.

I believe humans are something more than animals through God

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
@CopeForLife How about that one?

I wouldn't say that it's how I feel with my girlfriend, I just think that it feels right and I admire her in a sense, for being so down to earth and, well, so well-raised (is that a weird thing to say?).

Yes, of course I'll want different things at different stages of my life, of course I'll get another job at a point (or maybe not, who knows?). But that doesn't change the drive I have to constantly make my life better.

And no, that doesn't mean better girlfriend, better job, better pay, better friends, better (productive!) hobbies. To bounce back on some of that cheese that you laid up there: I just want to become a better person.

Back to you now, I think you first have to determine what it is that you actually want, because you don't seem to know what it is.

I do not have competence in this "I have a gf, feelings blabla".

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cope through showcasing a superior sense of morality.

That's not the reason you're a permavirgin though.

Marriage is actually very important to the Abrahamic religions.

I was at a Jewish wedding recently. We heard that the souls of the Husband and Wife were actually together prior to birth, that they got separated at birth. Marriage is when they join back together.

A lot of the old testament is a description of whose copulating with who.

It's actually not a great refuge for incels.