Even on my berfday Im reminded.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Took the day off work yesterday for my special day. Turned 34.
me and the GF went out to do simple things as I don't like making a big deal of really "anything". Her entire family constantly loves to remind me of my semi callous and non excitable demeanor.
Anyway we stopped in a Wild Wings for some drinks. If you can try Sam Adam Cherry Wheat, F'ING AMAZING.

We struck up a long convo with the bartender. Nice guy named Drew.
Smaller guy a bit smaller than me, not very built but not bad shape. Very energetic and a great conversationalist.

He had a shaved head but it was VERY apparent he was full N7 as the 5oclock shadow was coming through a "hair" (see my pun there?)

He made some kind of comment that made me question his age. When I asked he said "31" THIRTY ONE!

We thought he was about 45!

We both said it was his hair. He LOOKED FORTY FIVE!

The shaved look did nothing to help him, he just looked old. I mean seriously I wish I could have taken a picture of him so I could have photoshopped a full head of hair to see how he would have looked.

I mean Im fortunate to be WELL more hair endowed than him but seriously Im looking older and older. Not only does the hair affect your look of age but the portion of you that strts to mentally die along with it just wreaks of being old.

THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD!

verysad

Reaction score
there are people i know who complain about looking too young.... :)
they get mad when they are carded or when people treat them like a kid.
they say ****ty things like looking young is hindering their lives.. eg waiters handing them kid menus.. getting asked for passes when watching r rated movies or entering clubs..

they want to be taken more seriously so they want to look older but they can't.
google it people like gthem exists.

happy birthday

whymewhynow

Reaction score
there are people i know who complain about looking too young.... :)
they get mad when they are carded or when people treat them like a kid.
they say ****ty things like looking young is hindering their lives.. eg waiters handing them kid menus.. getting asked for passes when watching r rated movies or entering clubs..

they want to be taken more seriously so they want to look older but they can't.
google it people like gthem exists.

happy birthday

I think in this case there may be a difference for men and women. A man looking too young is not good but for a women it can be... When I was 18 I wanted to look older, even some girls want to look older when they are 16 to go to clubs , to drink. Now that I am older, a bit, I am 24, now I want to look younger again. It is about relativity, once you you have "peaked" then you want to stay constant or look young, when you are younger, immature, then you want to look older.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because I get that a lot. Especially if I am clean shaven. Oh the delights of being 33 and having to show id to buy cigarette! I guess being 5ft 3 doesn't help!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get carded sometimes too... I'm 31 in a month and very diffuse on top. Sometimes if I'm clean shaven I get carded for buying semi-strong alcohol (you need to be 18!). It always amazes me but I guess it's my bad skin really that puts them off. And I guess I'm a bit of a babyface too.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
It all depends on the face, especially because shaving your head puts all of the focus on the face. I know guys who have full heads of hair and look older than they are, and I know guys who have shaved their head down and look like babies (literally babies)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Aww did the big bad bald man spoil your birfday fer yeeew? Really, it's sounds like you ruined his night with all the **** you were giving him. If it were me in his place I would have pulled your smug *** right off that bar stool and given you a real present.

Reactions: ghg

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking young definitely has its downside. I have to keep my beard for sure. The main issues are sometimes you're not given as much respect as you would if you looked older, and the fact that girls closer to your age want an older guy. Most of the girls interested in me range from 18 to 21 and, while most guys would high five me for that, I want something mature and with substance rather than a purely physical relationship. As I start teaching here soon Im quite nervous about whether or not the students' will take me seriously.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Aww did the big bad bald man spoil your birfday fer yeeew? Really, it's sounds like you ruined his night with all the **** you were giving him. If it were me in his place I would have pulled your smug *** right off that bar stool and given you a real present.

hahahhahahahhahaa

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you are saying OP, older guys from the university saw me the other day and said whats my secret because I was looking '' younger'' than before ( did not see them for couple of months), of course instant ego boost but little do they know that my time is ''ticking'' because without hair I'd probably look 15 years older. Anyway, Happy Birthday~bro!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

1 I highly doubt you would have done anything to me.
2 your a dumb *** if you think me and my girl would have said anything to him about his age or hair. That's just a dumb assumption to make on your part.

And actually yes it did ruin my day a bit. I know I have a younger looking face still because when I was shaving my head everyone thought I was still in my twenties. But I'm also in pretty good shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking young definitely has its downside. I have to keep my beard for sure. The main issues are sometimes you're not given as much respect as you would if you looked older, and the fact that girls closer to your age want an older guy. Most of the girls interested in me range from 18 to 21 and, while most guys would high five me for that, I want something mature and with substance rather than a purely physical relationship. As I start teaching here soon Im quite nervous about whether or not the students' will take me seriously.

Tip

Younger or older makes no difference on their mentality trust me. It's all about the person.
Just look for a younger girl who is a bit more mature.
My gf is 10 years older and I started dating her because I thought the same as you and half the time I think she is literally mentally like 14 but not in a fun way.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is true, I've dated girls my age and a bit younger and it depended on the girl. It sucks because you can get lonely and girls in their early 20s can be fun...at first. They always seem mature but a couple months later the bad stuff starts. I've just avoided dating at all since the last experience. Kind of burned out if you can't tell.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think in this case there may be a difference for men and women. A man looking too young is not good but for a women it can be... When I was 18 I wanted to look older, even some girls want to look older when they are 16 to go to clubs , to drink. Now that I am older, a bit, I am 24, now I want to look younger again. It is about relativity, once you you have "peaked" then you want to stay constant or look young, when you are younger, immature, then you want to look older.

You are correct. Most women don't want their spouse or BF to look too young. I found it odd but confirmed over and over.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are correct. Most women don't want their spouse or BF to look too young. I found it odd but confirmed over and over.

They would still rather have a guy who looks early 30's/ late twenties than in his 20's and 30's and looking 40's and 50's. It also depends on how she looks. Of course she wouldnt want her man to look way better.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not really. Women (not girls) like mature looking men. Now, as a caveat, they do like healthy and strong to go along with the mature look. I guess the best way to put it is looking older but not old. Of course, everyone is different but I have seen alot of that (I'm early 40's).

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Women (not girls) like mature looking men. Now, as a caveat, they do like healthy and strong to go along with the mature look. I guess the best way to put it is looking older but not old. Of course, everyone is different but I have seen alot of that (I'm early 40's).

You also have to compare age groups here. You are in your 40's.

To many guys and fems in their 40's love to use this "women not girls" expression when in reality many of the guys on this forum are still young in their early 30's or less. They dont want a 40+ year old female. Hell most 40+ guys dont want a 40+ year old woman lol (no offense, but just like most females dont want a balding guy).

You cant use this "women" example if you are talking to a 25 year old to 35 year old guy who would still be chasing after a 30 and under girl. I started dating an older woman and honestly it was one of the worst decisions ever, wish I just stuck with younger ones. They generally still all have the same mentality except younger are usually a LOT more fun and still have nice bodies.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you are right concerning the 20's crowd. Things change alot in the 30 to 40 group where they refer to younger guys as a "child" or something similar. I was shocked by that.

For me, I'll take late 30's/40's all day long over younger. My wife is my age and smokin'. If they take care of themselves and are attractive anyway, they don't lose anything at that age.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
When I asked he said "31" THIRTY ONE!

We both said it was his hair. He LOOKED FORTY FIVE!
Sounds to me like you talked to him about it. I don't know about you but if some strangers come up to me at the bar and started pickin me apart and rudely implying **** then I would get offended, but somehow in your youthfull arrogance his baldness offended your prejudiced sensibilities. Maybe you just thought you were special, it being your berfday and all:/

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
]

Sounds to me like you talked to him about it. I don't know about you but if some strangers come up to me at the bar and started pickin me apart and rudely implying **** then I would get offended, but somehow in your youthfull arrogance his baldness offended your prejudiced sensibilities. Maybe you just thought you were special, it being your berfday and all:/

If that makes you feel better

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You started the thread, I'm just doing my thang.