Eucapil

casualty

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post about this for quite some time. Eucapil works IMHO. My experience has been that if I don't use it nearly once a day, except the days I use Nizoral, I see a lot more hair in the sink.

I know this isn't definite proof, but I do want to pass it along, and I hope that they never quit making it.

Rather than using an entire container at the time, I open one and apply to the area of my head where I'm losing, then put the ampule with applicator still attached in a glass vitamin jar and seal the top. This way a ampule can last three applications or so.

I've been using it this way for around 3 years, and I feel my hair is thicker than when I began. I use nizoral and minoxidil as well. I take a 1/4 a proscar every other day too. But I see a difference in my hair quality and how much I lose, if I slack off.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you start using eucapli with other treatments or you add in your regime after.

casualty

Reaction score
I added after. I'm not sure how long after. I started with minoxidil in 2005, and added proscar and nizoral later. I tried revivigen and had a bad reaction to it---made my scalp red---painful.

I'm guessing around 3 years on eucapil. I was around a lot of people the other day and was tossing my hair around, which I never did much, because I hate my hairline, but I realized I wasn't trying to hide or worrying about my being diffuse anymore.

I use to agonize about people seeing my scalp if I moved my hair around too much. It just seems a lot thicker now. I don't see scalp, but my hairline itself is the same.

I'm lazy so on the days I use nizoral, I usually don't use Eucapil.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Did u have a shed when u first started? I have been on eucapil for about a month and am having more loss than normal. I'm hoping they grow back thicker but I'm not sure if that is how this drug works???

casualty

Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't recall exactly. I was losing a lot around the time that I started, so I can't say if there was a shed with it.

Thats why I noticed it eventually halted most of my loss. Or it seems to.

If it's not causing you any bad reactions---scalp burning etc., I'd continue for a while and see if it helps. I'm convinced it's helped me.

I don't see many posters using it, and that makes me worry the product won't survive on the market. I probably have less than 30 post here, but I believe in eucapil this much! I hope it's healthy to use. I wish I could stop the internal, proscar, altogether. I'd just feel better being completely topical. Maybe I will eventually.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm going to stick with it for at least 6 months and see what happens. Also thinking about switching to dutasteride from finasteride. Been on finasteride for like 5 years and I'm still losing in front.

el_duterino

Reaction score
If you feel Eucapil is not doing anything I'd suggest to up the dose.

The research have shown that a higher dosage does inhibit the AR a lot more. Look for BP-766 Patent.

For me one ampule a day was not doing much, but when I doubled the dosage It did stop shedding very well and demonstarted its potential.

I even tried 4 ampules a day for a few months (twice 2 ampules), worked well and I had no side effects to report.

Currenlty I use 2 ampules a day with oral finasteride.

Boondock

Reaction score
Sounds great, Casualty. With the method you're using, how much would you say it costs you every month or so?

casualty

Reaction score
I'm just guessing, but I'd say two boxes(30 ampules per box) last me 4 months. I'm guessing 3 applications per vial, and using nizoral two days a week...well, you get the point. Again, I just hope on the days I use nizoral that I don't need the eucapil. Two boxes were 85 euro. I paid with paypal.

It'll cost a lot more if you're using an entire vial, which I think is recommended. I just feel like I'm wasting if I use more. It would be expensive that way too.

I apply it in the "row method." Comb a line, dot the entire row about an inch apart or less, then it then rub around a little. I do this across the areas that seem dht effected or were diffuse, which is basically the entire top of my head. I put a little extra around the widows peak hoping it will fill it, but it never has lol.

Another reason I feel it's helping is that my hair quality doesn't have that dried out brittle look it had when I was shedding a lot.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info el_duterino. I have upped the dose to 2 ampules every on every 3rd day and 1 ampule on the other days. I am having big sheds and I'm shedding thick hairs too. I'm assuming this means it is working and it eventaully, so I'll just have to wait if they grow back thicker. :whistle:

el_duterino

Reaction score
ALso, are you on finasteride ? I would not use fluridil alone for best results. This drug does reduce androgen receptors but not all of them.
To stop hairloss completely you would need to destroy all the androgen receptors at all time and this is not possible using the current drugs.

therefore flurdil is best used in combo with finasteride or dutasteride or RU etc..

JonnyX

Reaction score
Yes, I have been on finasteride for about 5 years and have maintained very well. I mean, I do have a receding hairline but I have surely slowed the process a lot. The massive sheds I was having with Eucapil have slowed down but so I'm going to give it another 6 months and see what happens.
I have read some of your posts in the past and you say that Eucapil does not regrow hair, only thicken it. Can it thicken the hair without a shed? Also, do you recommend dutasteride or finasteride? I feel like I may have peaked with finasteride. I have a prescription to Proscar though, so I was thinking of just increasing the does to 2mg a day.

casken

Reaction score
I just started on this. Today was my eighth application. I've been on Propecia for over 9 months, and minoxidil over 8 years. I was using topical spironolactone daily for 4 months but it didn't slow the shedding at all and did nothing against the second big shed I had at 6 months on propecia. I still use it now, but mostly just directly on my scalp acne as it seems to subdue it quite bit. I've also started crushing up 10mg of proscar into my minoxidil as a desperation move.

So far no reduction in shedding, although I wasn't expecting any this soon anyway. No increased shedding either, which is good. I was already shedding consistently quite a bit before this, so the idea that it could cause a bigger shed is worrying. I don't think my hairline can handle another big shed.

The only thing is my left temple and left part of my hairline area feels really hot right now, which is my where my shedding/thinning is the worst and where I use the most of the Eucapil. Maybe I'll reduce the application there, or maybe it's combo with minoxidil?

I wait about six hours or more after application with the eucpical to apply the minoxidil. That's enough time right?

RU is my next stop if things keep going this way, just wanted to give this a try first.

rcom440

Reaction score
Question regarding Eucapil hair dependency.
If someone is using Eucapil for a couple of years with good results and then decide to discontinue Eucapil, does that mean that the hair that got thicker from Eucapil will gradually fall out? Same like minoxidil?

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to ressurect an old thread like this, but I'm really curious about eucapil. Any updates,Casualty??

Rcom: From what I understand, eucapil is an antiandrogen. I would guess it works kinda like spironolactone (or any other topical anti- androgen) does with regards to dependency.
Can't be sure, though, there aren't many studies around about this...

rcom440

Reaction score
Todd said:
Sorry to ressurect an old thread like this, but I'm really curious about eucapil. Any updates,Casualty??

Rcom: From what I understand, eucapil is an antiandrogen. I would guess it works kinda like spironolactone (or any other topical anti- androgen) does with regards to dependency.
Can't be sure, though, there aren't many studies around about this...

Yes.
However, people shed on Eucapil which could be hair dependency on that product after the new hair will grow. spironolactone doesn't cause shedding

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Eucapil for 6 months, only to see if it would help in decreased shedding. I was not impressed, didn't see any difference at all. Have been off for 2 months now, shedding is still the same, no greater.

I think topical spironolactone does help a little bit, but it is still not strong enough to make a big difference like an oral antiandrogen can.

rcom440

Reaction score
Nuli, did you try to increase the dosage to 2 ampules a day? Maybe 1 wasn't enough for you.

JWM

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Nuli, did you try to increase the dosage to 2 ampules a day? Maybe 1 wasn't enough for you.

That's total BS. All testing was clearly done with one ampule. Using more than one is not only uneconomical (is that a word?), but something that was only suggested by one individual as a means to increase efficacy.

FWIW, I have used Fluridil in the past and one ampule was more than enough to cover my scalp.