Estrogen kills hair follicles... Instead of saving them

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
Sorry for the click bait.

I have the following theory.
I used to have puffy nipples since I was a teenager. This happens to an out of range ratio of test/estradiol... So basically my estrogen where too high... But we have always learned that estrogen is good for hair.. the thing is around that time I also start shedding... I am a duffuse thinner... So i was thinking... Could it be that my body is producing extra dht to counteract on the high levels of estrogen... And the extra dht is actually killing my hair follicles...
If that is the case... Could the solution for both problems be, to just lower my estrogen with an estrogen suppressor.. that way my test/estradiol ratio becomes better....

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I used to have puffy nipples since I was a teenager. This happens to an out of range ratio of test/estradiol... So basically my estrogen where too high... But we have always learned that estrogen is good for hair.. the thing is around that time I also start shedding... I am a duffuse thinner... So i was thinking... Could it be that my body is producing extra dht to counteract on the high levels of estrogen... And the extra dht is actually killing my hair follicles...
If that is the case... Could the solution for both problems be, to just lower my estrogen with an estrogen suppressor.. that way my test/estradiol ratio becomes better....
I think before touching any estrogen blockers, I think you should try finasteride and minoxidil.

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think before touching any estrogen blockers, I think you should try finasteride and minoxidil.
I don't agree.... I did used finasteride... Sure helped with dht.. but fucked up test/estradiol ratio even worse... With al kind or extra sh*t....

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree.... I did used finasteride... Sure helped with dht.. but fucked up test/estradiol ratio even worse... With al kind or extra sh*t....
Maybe try oral minoxidil. That stuff thickened all my hair.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should see my post. I literally became a werewolf. It took upwards of 6 to 8 months for results. I started on 5 but switched 10 mg. But im back to 5. The explosive growth started when i took 10mg

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless I am missing something, you seem to believe that your hair loss is due to a hormonal imbalance. Why would you jump on finasteride knowing this? I don't know anyone who has had a positive outcome after using minoxidil or finasteride without having male pattern baldness.

If possible, you should get your levels checked. That way your levels can be monitored after a period of time if you are prescribed something.

If you believe your estrogen levels are low I would think that a safer route would be to try and increase testosterone. There is a wealth of information about this from people who are 40+ who do this through supplements, diet and specific exercises.

In the end, nothing beats seeing a doctor.

Good luck.

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you jump on finasteride knowing this? I don't know anyone who has had a positive outcome after using minoxidil or finasteride without having male pattern baldness.
I used finasteride 20+ years ago...for approx 10 years.... I now believe my hair loss has to do with imbalance of test/E2 ratio... Back then I thought it was just dht.. still think it is.. But I now think it is actually too much e2 causing my body to counteract with dht...

Just adding testosteron is to simple, because a part gets converted to e2 and a part to dht... But yeah, i am thinking of adding exo test, and taking a small amount of aromatase inhibitors to offset the extra test to e2 conversion...

Funny thing is....
I already tried something else to boost test..
I used enclomiphene to boost test and keep estrogen at bay... And my puffy nipples disappeared (sign of too much estrogen).. and more importantly... It looks like it halted my shedding it... Maybe too early to make any conclusion yet.. but still very encouraging.... Next step is to up my testosteron (Exo) while maintaining same estrogen levels... This will hopefully kick start my hair growth..

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

So did you had the foresight to get any blood tests done over the past 43 years?

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So did you had the foresight to get any blood tests done over the past 43 years?
Yes... Actually 3 years ago.. for other reasons... My test was lower range and my e2 was mid range.... But I think those reference values are exactly what they are... Averages for everybody. I believe there is an unique sweet spot for everybody.. and maybe that is when my test is more upperbound and my e2 is more lower bound...

Bc otherwise I can't explain why I was having puffy nipples,which is known for having to much e2... And have hair loss.... I really believe my body also wants e2 to go down,hence the increase in dht... And maybe western males are more prone to having more e2 ,due to eating habits in comparison with Asian males.. and that their body's aren't counteracting with more dht... A lot of asian males can't grow beards. (lack of dht).. but do have great hair... But above is not more than my 2cts

Ps.. a lot you read on this forum...is that zinc helps a lot of people with hair loss... Guess what.. zinc inhibits estrogen... Could be coincidence off course

Ps2 men getting older, getting balder.. and what happens with your test/e2 ratio when getting older? Test goes down and e2 goes up... I don't think btw this can help people who def have male pattern baldness and are getting bald in a matter of a few years... But I do think it helps the diffuse slow thinners like me...

Ps3 bodybuilders will have a lot of risk getting bald,bc they not only boost testosterone, but also take stuff which basically is synthetic dht...

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low range and mid range are not helpful at all. How about prolactin, SHBG was that low or high?

Last edited:

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone is a precursor to all the estrogen in men. Excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen, this is why steroid users lose their hair and gain muscle while also having sexual dysfunction and gyno. Your hair is not shedding because of excess estrogen itself.

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone is a precursor to all the estrogen in men. Excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen, this is why steroid users lose their hair and gain muscle while also having sexual dysfunction and gyno. Your hair is not shedding because of excess estrogen itself.
Sorry..but your are not reading or understanding what I say...
I said due to high estrogen... I suspect that my body is taking counter measures to tackle it... And doing so by producing more dht... Thats the loop i am addressing

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low range and mid range are not helpful at all. How about prolactin, SHBG was that low or high?
Don't know what the Numbers will tell you...
But here we go...
Test 443 Ng/dl , e2 17.3 pg/ml, shbg 323 ug/dl, free test 8.36 Ng/dl LH and FSH both at 3 nmol/l

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-30-19-35-32-156_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-30-19-35-32-156_com.android.chrome.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know what the Numbers will tell you...
But here we go...
Test 443 Ng/dl , e2 17.3 pg/ml, shbg 323 ug/dl, free test 8.36 Ng/dl LH and FSH both at 3 nmol/l
This tells me that your e2 levels are in range as to be expected, your total T is comparable to a 50 year old. Normal SHBG, not inhibiting the function of your bioavailable T. Nothing more

Last edited:

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This tells me that your e2 levels are in range as to be expected, your total T is comparable to a 50 year old. Normal SHBG, not inhibiting the function of your bioavailable DHT or T. Nothing more
But i was 38 when measured