Estrogen Dominance = DHT overload

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
that would be awesome if someone knew the effect of raloxifen on hair .
Because it has antagonist effect on breast tissue , but also agonist effect on other tissue such as bones .

Maybe it has agonist effect on hair ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
when i was at the beggining of my propecia regimen ( 3 years ago ), my oestradiol level were sky high ( like 62 ng ; range 20-42 for a male )
and despite this i didn't get result ; maybe that mean i would never get any better result sadly

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
so high oestradiol level reduce body hair ?
it appears to be doing that to me
when i was at the beggining of my propecia regimen ( 3 years ago ), my oestradiol level were sky high ( like 62 ng ; range 20-42 for a male )
and despite this i didn't get result ; maybe that mean i would never get any better result sadly
female ranges are much higher than that, hopefully that wont be necessary.
Wow, is that the same person? What does he use to treat hairloss?
mtf hrt, that person is transgender

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that would be awesome if someone knew the effect of raloxifen on hair .
Because it has antagonist effect on breast tissue , but also agonist effect on other tissue such as bones .

Maybe it has agonist effect on hair ?

I've tried to find more information on this in the past but to no avail, basically if raloxifene binds to the β-oestrogen receptor it surely would be bad news for your hair.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2018-2-18_13-53-46.png

(source)

Estrogen receptor alpha, but not estrogen receptor beta, is involved in the regulation of the hair follicle cycling as well as the thickness of epidermis in male mice.
(source)

In contrast estrogen receptor beta was highly expressed in epidermis, blood vessels, and dermal fibroblasts, whereas in the hair follicle it was localized to nuclei of the outer root sheath, epithelial matrix, and dermal papilla cells. Serial sections also showed strong nuclear expression of estrogen receptor beta in the cells of the bulge, whereas neither estrogen receptor alpha or androgen receptor was expressed.
(source)
-----------------------

It seems that er-B is more important in human hair follicles, but raloxifene binds to both forms. Though from what I've seen is that it seems to have more affinity towards er-A. I dunno boys, as usual, nothing can be concluded and you will have to take the risk by experimenting.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This post gives me some comfort, shedding like a dog but clinging to hope like a baby koala hugging its mother.