Estrogen and DHT in the Prostate and ...the Scalp?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Every time we drink from a can, or eat canned food or drink water from plastic water bottles...we are consuming the sex hormone estrogen. Watch the video below and tell me estrogen is not a problem.

Nobody's saying that excessive estrogen isn't a problem for the health of the male body in general, just that it isn't a problem specifically for HAIR. Those are two separate things. Your attempt to link those two issues is rather like pointing a finger at all the accidental drowning deaths across the country, and telling us that therefore, we need to sharply reduce water consumption! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Bald men have high estrogen, high D.H.T., high IGF-1, low testosterone, low S.H.B.G., and low IGFBP-3.

Even 15, 16, and 17 year-old balding "men"? :)

Your attempts to link balding with estrogen are pathetically specious and circumstantial. As long as I'm here, I'm going to keep pointing out the truth. The fact that you continue to ignore the specific points I've made speaks volumes about your personal agenda.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I swear this estrogen hairloss discussion is taking place on 3 different threads.

Bryan said:
elvis123 said:
Oh yea one more thing tard.....

you know that finasteride was originally prescribed as a prostate drug right?

Yes.

elvis123 said:
Does finasteride work for hair loss?

Yes.

So what's your point with those questions?

Yea Elvis, what was your point??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Yea Elvis, what was your point??

Some time after I posted my reply, I realized he must have been referring to that line in my signature file about how finasteride wasn't an "accidental discovery". He must have been challenging that statement.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Some time after I posted my reply, I realized he must have been referring to that line in my signature file about how finasteride wasn't an "accidental discovery". He must have been challenging that statement.

Ah, I see.

A rather half-hearted challenge.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
Bald men have high estrogen, high D.H.T., high IGF-1, low testosterone, low S.H.B.G., and low IGFBP-3.

Your attempts to link balding with estrogen are pathetically specious and circumstantial. As long as I'm here, I'm going to keep pointing out the truth. The fact that you continue to ignore the specific points I've made speaks volumes about your personal agenda.

If you knew the truth you wouldn't be balding.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
M.P.B. is a symptom of andropause (low testosterone, high estrogen and D.H.T.)!
Andropause is happening sooner and sooner to each new generation...call it what you want...I call it eugenics!

The Disappearing Male: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53689

My Doberman was castrated on the advice of every freaking vet around and then some. They live longer, suffer much less health problems than breeding animals and guess what, zero Dobi balls = lean mean, smart, fast, intelligent, strong as sh*t bit your arm off. Look at castrated race horses and working animal breeds around the world in the work and sports industry. Now you would think my Dobe would have dog boobs, and look feminine and have andropause for sure! NOT.

It is common practice even to castrate winning show animals and breeding studs after their prime is over, to give them better retirement health and longer life.

Not sure what that all means really but my Dobi ant bald! :dunno:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Bryan said:
misterE said:

If you knew the truth you wouldn't be balding.

Heh. Riff Raff here isn't balding because of beta sitosterol and some crap he found on google scholar.

Poor Bryan...been around since the usenet days of alt.baldspot and he still doesn't know a damn thing! What a shame. If only he knew how to use google more effectively, and how to ignore all evidence that proved him wrong :)

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
wookster said:
The hypothesis is that estrogen and DHT together somehow increase sensititivty of cells to DHT, also causing more body hair, more balding, and paradoxically flabby man-breasts, higher body fat and reduced musculature.

One can come up with just about any hypothesis he wants. Here's another one for you: male pattern baldness is caused by a leprechaun that lives in the bottom of my garden. But there is no scientific evidence at all for either the "Leprechaun Theory" or the "Estrogen Theory" of balding.

Statistical existence of leprechauns is not as strong as the estrogen with high DHTsensitivity/ low testosterone link to male pattern baldness. :woot:

I recall that you posted photos of highly muscular ripped people with 5 alpha reductase deficiency alongside of their very less muscular relatives - that did not have the inherited 5ar deficiency. If the 5ar deficiency somehow contributed to a more lean muscular condition with no hair loss and the relatives without that condition were flabbier and had receding hairlines, it seems plausible to assume that there is something missing from the male pattern baldness equation.

DHT and estrogen ...what is the connection?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
wookster said:
Bryan said:
wookster said:
The hypothesis is that estrogen and DHT together somehow increase sensititivty of cells to DHT, also causing more body hair, more balding, and paradoxically flabby man-breasts, higher body fat and reduced musculature.

One can come up with just about any hypothesis he wants. Here's another one for you: male pattern baldness is caused by a leprechaun that lives in the bottom of my garden. But there is no scientific evidence at all for either the "Leprechaun Theory" or the "Estrogen Theory" of balding.

Statistical existence of leprechauns is not as strong as the estrogen with high DHTsensitivity/ low testosterone link to male pattern baldness. :woot:

I recall that you posted photos of highly muscular ripped people with 5 alpha reductase deficiency alongside of their very less muscular relatives - that did not have the inherited 5ar deficiency. If the 5ar deficiency somehow contributed to a more lean muscular condition with no hair loss and the relatives without that condition were flabbier and had receding hairlines, it seems plausible to assume that there is something missing from the male pattern baldness equation.

DHT and estrogen ...what is the connection?

Testosterone is the youth hormone.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
The weight lifters will love you for saying that, as they love to rid themselfs of estrogen and up the Testostorone. But from what I have seen sooner or later the high-test testostorne will kick the SH!! out of their hair.

Yes they cry openly and admit the shock of the mirror and horror of hair in the sink and the answer is always they get is always the same, roids=test=muscle=hairloss, "oh come on be a man you got Muscle forget the hair, girls want Muscles".

docj077

Reaction score
It's important to note two things here. Castration reduces androgens, but the adrenals continue to produce lower potency androgens that can converted into high potency androgens and estrogens in the periphery. The other import item to note is that both abnormally low and abnormally high levels of testosterone are associated with insulin resistance in males.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Could finasteride raise testosterone levels abnormally high? I know it gives them a boost when you take it, or is the increase nothing to be worried about?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
ali777 said:
misterE said:
Baldness is happening faster and faster with each new generation, testosterone levels are decreasing along with sperm counts. Males are becoming weaker and weaker due to something in the environment, maybe plastic water bottles that contain Bisphenol-A, which mimics estrogen. Did you watch The Disappearing Male? Does that not tell us something?

Statistics show that girls start puberty much younger now than before, and it is generally assumed the reason behind the fast growth is the protein rich diet. Just look around you and compare the average height of the teenagers and the 50-60yos, there is a massive difference.

So you are right, our bodies enter puberty earlier and our sex hormones get to work faster too. It's not a surprise that we bald earlier too...

As for the link between estrogen and balding, you aren't being serious, are you???

I have known from personal experiance that girls are having their periods sooner and sooner, this to me is absolutly disturbing.