Estradiol Directly Down Regulates Androgen Receptors Thus Downregulating Androgenic Gene Expersion

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3569146

"Cells treated with 2.6 nM estradiol exhibited markedly lower levels of cytoplasmic androgen receptors, measured by [3H]5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone ([3H]DHT) binding, compared to levels in cells receiving ethanol vehicle alone. The effect was time dependent, and 6-day treatment of cells with estradiol resulted in an 80% reduction in [3H]DHT binding.

In summary, estradiol treatment caused a reduction in androgen receptors, and estradiol withdrawal lead to a rise in androgen receptors. We believe that these results provide a mechanism whereby estradiol may directly antagonize androgen action. Conversely, estradiol withdrawal may potentiate androgen action by allowing androgen receptor levels to rise."

This clearly explains why those using estradiol experience such incredible regrowth. 2.6 nM of estradiol resulted in a 80% reduction of AR binding of DHT and a 50% reduction in AR levels.

So not only does estradiol cause activation of the ER which causes estrogenic gene expression taking your cells in the opposite direction of hair loss but it also downregulates the presence of the androgen receptor.

Anti androgens like Bica, Daro, and RU etc increase androgen receptor sensitivity so the smallest topical amounts of estradiol along with AAs could produce huge benefits

Any of you with very aggressive forms of hairloss may want to experriment by combining your 5AR inhibitior with topical estradiol and a topical AA. The dosage you pick is crucial as estradiol is a very potent hormone, I would say start with 25 micrograms and adjust your dose from there. Do NOT use estradiol without an anti-estrogen like Raloxifene or Tamoxifen on hand.

Last edited:

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3569146

This clearly explains why those using estradiol experiance such incredible regrowth. 2.6 nM of estradiol resulted in a 80% reduction of the AR.

So not only does estradiol cause activation of the ER which causes estrogenic gene experssion taking your cells in the oppostive direction of hairloss but it also down regulates the presence of the androgen receptor.

Anti androgens like Daro etc increase androgen receptor sensitivity so the smallest topical amounts of estradiol along with Daro could produce huge benifits

I CANT wait till my estradiol arrives

Estradiol is estrogen, no? Won't it feminize you?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Estrogen down-regulation of androgen receptors in cultured human mammary cancer cells" :/

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea we got it , estrogen = bad= dead .
But cant we talk about its function without 10 ppl commenting how bad it is ?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last thing we need is more b**ch made dudes walking around talking about their feelings
Meanwhile people on here take oral fina and duta without batting an eye. Reducing their DHT, reducing other beneficial hormones, and increasing estrogen systemically. Anything that affects hormones can cause issues but topicals clearly do the least damage. We need more stuff like this. If you're terrified of sides then don't do anything hormonal at all.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that topical estrogen would not work unless Its serum concentration level reaches to that of oral estrogen.

That’s a ridiculous theory for so many reasons. If a small amount is absorbed topically a much higher dose would be needed to achieve the same amount in the scalp since it’s dispersed all throughout the body. Using small doses on the scalp can mean that a very small portion goes systemic which either won’t be enough to cause sides or can easily be controlled with drugs like ralox.

Either way, if the same serum concentrations were needed for topical and orals then the topical market would be dead and no drugs would ever be made in topical form

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a ridiculous theory for so many reasons. If a small amount is absorbed topically a much higher dose would be needed to achieve the same amount in the scalp since it’s dispersed all throughout the body. Using small doses on the scalp can mean that a very small portion goes systemic which either won’t be enough to cause sides or can easily be controlled with drugs like ralox.

Either way, if the same serum concentrations were needed for topical and orals then the topical market would be dead and no drugs would ever be made in topical form
Every drug works in a different way. I rarely see the people getting even the minor regrowth on topical estrogen.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna try this too. How do you make/source your solution Coach Hemingway?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every drug works in a different way. I rarely see the people getting even the minor regrowth on topical estrogen.
I'm getting minor regrowth on topical estro (also finasteride and min
Gonna try this too. How do you make/source your solution Coach Hemingway?
I think there are many ways one can do this: estrogel/bi-estro rubbed on scalp, estradiol or estriol powder mixed in liquid minoxidil, estro mixed in any other a carrier of your choice.