Estimate For Follica Release Date To Market

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
As Follica, is the closest potential treatment to market that can generate new follicles, what are forum members predictions for a realistic release date?

If there was an ETA to market provided by Follica this would help people considering whether to commit to a hair transplant to hold off or not...

As we do not have an ETA to market from Follica though, what are your predictions?

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing is clear yet, therefore it is useless to guess the date.
They will only start their final FDA trial in the second half of this year.
Yet, they say they are 4x more powerful than Minoxidil and finasteride.
And no one from Follica wants to answer the main question which deals with the repeated wounding.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be great to know the answer to your question. But your asking about the most tight lipped company in the biz. Follica is interesting but its a waste of time speculating bout them. Hopefully they will surprise us all some day...until then we might as well forget they exsist.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find Follica to be very inconvenient and it doesn't sound innovative at all. Going to a doctor's office to get your skin wounded and then put some stuff on at home to help cells form new hair. Can't you just wound your own skin and just buy the at-home product? And how many times do you have to visit the doctor for wounding?

Reactions: br1

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find Follica to be very inconvenient and it doesn't sound innovative at all. Going to a doctor's office to get your skin wounded and then put some stuff on at home to help cells form new hair. Can't you just wound your own skin and just buy the at-home product? And how many times do you have to visit the doctor for wounding?
Wounding at home didn't seem to help many people, from dermarolling.

If they spent a lot of time understanding the wounding mechanism there's probably a proper way maximizing the "neogenesis" thing.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/fol...ts-a-best-case-scenario-release-date-of-2018/

in this link it says 2018 as released by pure tech. this was estimated if they started trials in 2016 which they didn't. they are starting t2017 first half. so if second half 2016 would result in early 2018 release , a first half 2017 study would result in late 2018 release. hlc2020 even says it could be 2019. see: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/follica/

go for a hair transplant (do it in turkey it is much cheaper around $3000+tickets for as far as 4000 grafts as i read online. hotel and transportation from airport covered in hair transplant cost by clinic) I am planning to do this and if follica released you can use it to maintain and to add density. it seems promising to me so far. people are very skeptic about it due to minoxidil being the potential at home topical. I dont care what the procedure is as long as results are encouraging. they managed to add 100 new hairs / cm2 of which 20 are terminal. if this is true, I see potential in several treatments per year.

Last edited:

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
go for a hair transplant (do it in turkey it is much cheaper around $3000+tickets for as far as 4000 grafts as i read online. hotel and transportation from airport covered in hair transplant cost by clinic) I am planning to do this and if follica released you can use it to maintain and to add density. it seems promising to me so far. people are very skeptic about it due to minoxidil being the potential at home topical. I dont care what the procedure is as long as results are encouraging. they managed to add 100 new hairs / cm2 of which 20 are terminal. if this is true, I see potential in several treatments per year.

Ive been thinking about his too. So glad Im not the only that thought about this possibility.

I dont want to wait anymore for "the cure", Im 24 y.o with Norwood 2.5-3, and I dont want to spend the rest of my 20s looking like crap.

Do you think We could use follica to restore the hairs extracted from the donor area, and recover (or add extra) density? A the same time, It could lead you to close even more your hairline to a NW0.

Thats the reason I want to get sure about those papers and advertisements mentioning "follice neogenesis".

After recovering from the transplant, those little fue scars wouldnt mean anything serious, and being treated with dermoabrassion would remove them and create new healthy skin and foliccles, right?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/fol...ts-a-best-case-scenario-release-date-of-2018/

in this link it says 2018 as released by pure tech. this was estimated if they started trials in 2016 which they didn't. they are starting t2017 first half. so if second half 2016 would result in early 2018 release , a first half 2017 study would result in late 2018 release. hlc2020 even says it could be 2019. see: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/follica/

Don't just let anyone in Turkey do your hair transplant. I think that even there the reputable ones are charging at least $2-4 per graft.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get a transplant in 2017, it will be late 2018 before the results look even decent, and it will be 2019 by the time it's fully grown in.

Just something to think about.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get a transplant in 2017, it will be late 2018 before the results look even decent, and it will be 2019 by the time it's fully grown in.

I was literally just talking with someone over PM about this

A year ago, I was 100% on getting a transplant when I hit the one-year mark of the treatments. Well, that one-year point is about a month away now and a lot has happened since June 2016.

I honestly thought this would be an easy decision, but the finasteride and minoxidil combo has been working for me well and if I were to get a transplant now — let's be real, it's a risky procedure — by the time it grows out, Follica could very well be on the market and Shiseido as well and since all I need is just enough to restore the hairline to its former glory and maintain, the money spent on the transplant would essentially be wasted.

So I think I'm gonna wait a while longer and see if a transplant really will be my only option before 2020.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the ongoing predicament...whether to get an hair transplant or wait. One only has to look at historical threads 2010, 2011 etc where people were holding out from getting hair transplants because Histogen et al was "guaranteed to be available by 2012 at the latest". Sigh..

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score

The thing is though, if follica is out in 2019 then It could take untill the end of 2020 for it to look fully grown in...and thats over 3 more years of waiting for thw hair to look decent

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was literally just talking with someone over PM about this

A year ago, I was 100% on getting a transplant when I hit the one-year mark of the treatments. Well, that one-year point is about a month away now and a lot has happened since June 2016.

I honestly thought this would be an easy decision, but the finasteride and minoxidil combo has been working for me well and if I were to get a transplant now — let's be real, it's a risky procedure — by the time it grows out, Follica could very well be on the market and Shiseido as well and since all I need is just enough to restore the hairline to its former glory and maintain, the money spent on the transplant would essentially be wasted.

So I think I'm gonna wait a while longer and see if a transplant really will be my only option before 2020.

Well, nobody knows with exactitude when follica will be realeased. Could it be first half of 2018, second half, maybe 2019, how knows if end of 2019? Follica drops its news like rain in sahara, and replicel state that the most possible scenario of release is in 2 years, even in Asia.

We dont know either for sure how long it takes to see results with it, how long would It take for a Norwood IV to recover some of his former dignity. And more: we are not 100% sure if they provide you with cumulative effect.

Anyway, there are people like me who are facing a disastrous shedding even with minoxidil and finasteride, and is looking forward to try dutasteride as a last option. I think you cannot have a transplant without stabilizing the hair loss. This way, maybe Id have to wait until the first months of 2018 If I start dutasteride right now. I dont even want a huge surgery, just lowering to Norwood 1.5.

This is the ongoing predicament...whether to get an hair transplant or wait. One only has to look at historical threads 2010, 2011 etc where people were holding out from getting hair transplants because Histogen et al was "guaranteed to be available by 2012 at the latest". Sigh..

There are similar threads like that before 2010, pointing at that year as the "year of the cure", just remember intercytex and aderans. What happened with them? One shut its doors, and the other one now creates hair pieces.

I have faith in follica and replicel, I dont think they will fail (the other way actually), but things like these take ages. And I dont think you can put all your hope and options into something that could delay for years before reaching the market or being available to customers. Just remember one thing is finishing the trials, and the other is being available and offered in clinics in USA or other parts of the world.

Time for the cure= Ending trials+releasing med/treatments into market+finding clinics who offer them+getting them applied+waiting for them to act and reach their complete potential

Just think about it

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, nobody knows with exactitude when follica will be realeased. Could it be first half of 2018, second half, maybe 2019, how knows if end of 2019? Follica drops its news like rain in sahara, and replicel state that the most possible scenario of release is in 2 years, even in Asia.

We dont know either for sure how long it takes to see results with it, how long would It take for a Norwood IV to recover some of his former dignity. And more: we are not 100% sure if they provide you with cumulative effect.

Anyway, there are people like me who are facing a disastrous shedding even with minoxidil and finasteride, and is looking forward to try dutasteride as a last option. I think you cannot have a transplant without stabilizing the hair loss. This way, maybe Id have to wait until the first months of 2018 If I start dutasteride right now. I dont even want a huge surgery, just lowering to Norwood 1.5.

There are similar threads like that before 2010, pointing at that year as the "year of the cure", just remember intercytex and aderans. What happened with them? One shut its doors, and the other one now creates hair pieces.

I have faith in follica and replicel, I dont think they will fail (the other way actually), but things like these take ages. And I dont think you can put all your hope and options into something that could delay for years before reaching the market or being available to customers. Just remember one thing is finishing the trials, and the other is being available and offered in clinics in USA or other parts of the world.

Time for the cure= Ending trials+releasing med/treatments into market+finding clinics who offer them+getting them applied+waiting for them to act and reach their complete potential

Just think about it

I agree. The fact (to my knowledge) that there's nothing in the pipeline that is not still being tested for efficacy leads me to think we are realistically 5+ years away from a new product being released. :(

I've now moved on to researching hair transplant docs rather than wishing for new products.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

A very good point. Of course, you can also add a year to the release date of any upcoming treatment before you get any meaningful results.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is folica different to dermarolling and minoxidil since they do both ? Its already proven to get new growth.
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

The only difference maybe something extra to help neogenesis, dermaroller has some copper peptides recommended for this also others have mentioned possible UV light 8 hours before dermaroleing may help. In the mean time if u belive in folica i would be doing dermaroller and minoxidil as per this study as folica seems to be the same minus maybe 1 special neogenesis ingredient ?

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't just let anyone in Turkey do your hair transplant. I think that even there the reputable ones are charging at least $2-4 per graft.
Honestly 4 per graft is not a reasonable price. Most clinic have staff trained for this and the reviews are all good across europe and middle east. You can pay 2500 for upto 4000 grafts which is more reasonable pricing for a 9 hr operation and you get prp. Prp costs are high in the US, is it because of quality ? No. I think here in the US the price is high for hair transplant and prp due to higher costs of operating a clinic and higher wages. I dont think it is all about quality as they claim.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't forget guys, not everyone one of these new treatments will work for 100% of the people. There will be a fail percentage and will inevitably be side effects that people can't tolerate. I have been dealing with this sh*t since the late '90s and learned that there is no waiting for a 'cure' while using a bridge treatment. You either choose to treat yourself or don't treat yourself.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well to those in this thread talking about a hair transplant in Turkey, coming from a guy who got his transplant in Turkey, I recommend Hakan Dogonay or Koray Erdogan. While I didn't get my FUE done by either of these two, I wish I did. However, none of my close childhood friends or extended family members know I had an a FUE done, so the doctor I had it with was not "bad", it's just i'm very impressed with Erdogan and Dogonay's work and recommend them if i'm being straight up honest to someone, that's who I would've gone with if I had the funds. The most i've gotten was from a cousin saying "you're gonna be bald one day" (this year 2017) if only he knew I was already like a NW4 bald once lol. So yeah, no one notices my FUE, only my mother and sister knows because I told them. If I get another FUE, it's going to be with one of these two for sure, but i'm going to be patient with these snail-slow treatments that are supposedly on the horizon.