Essential Oil The Ultimate Thread (experiment)

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
"These oils have been around for centuries if they had any effect on male pattern baldness everybody would know by now"
I can understand this statement but there is no reason being too sceptical to try this when you don't have other options. Anecdocts, reputation and scientific research slightly support evidence for possible effectivness and there is no evidence against.

Many of these oils have reputation of being beneficial through the times and some are now later supported by pre-clinical research that shows a possible mechanism of action for preventing male pattern baldness or stimulate hair-growth.

For example:
The peppermint oil 3 % study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/

Clinical studies:
The rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2 %
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469

And the scottish study altough AA:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9828867

Unfortunately many of this studies of "alternative treatments" is either bad designed or shady. But I was thinking if we can do an ultimate forum here to share anecdots or maybe to run experiment together.

Essential Oils:
Lavender,
Cedarwood
Rosemary
Peppermint
Clary Sage
Thyme

I was thinking of maybe 5-6 oil, where they are parted to two different formulas and taken each EOD. Concentration range 0,05-0,5 %.
For example Lavender, cedarwood, rosemary in jojoba monday wednesday friday etc
Peppermint, Thyme, Clary sage in jojoba tuesday thursday saturday wtc
And then for everyday use a liquid alcoholic solution with very low concentration of all of these for the morning and apply the oil in the evening.

I am still doing research and screening for the best supported oils. Do you guys have any tips?

I have bought rosemary which I formulated 0,5 % in jojoba oil applying 1-2 ml.
Direct effect (only tried 3 days):
Itch gone
Very nice scalp sensation
Cognitive enhancement and mood lifting

I want to try each oil separetly before making a complete formulation but I am running out of patience.

Anyway is there someone that would be interested in joining in Essential oil experiment? If we can gather 10 people+ that try this for 3-6 months I think it will be huge contribution to the community even if we get 0 results.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose is the local expert.

I'm thinking of dissolving coconut oil into my shampoo, but i was too lazy to figure out the right dose today.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A guy whose blog I follow has argued that oregano oil is the best anti fungal oil.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no problem my friend, several years ago I designed a hair treatment.

INCI english components hair lotion and shampoo

Ingredients Hair Tonic: Jojoba esters (pure and cold pressed Jojoba oil), Limanthes alba (Limanthes oil), Borago officinalis (Borage oil), Rosa moschata (Rose Hip oli), Oenothera biennis (Oenothera oil), Persea gratísima (Avocado oil), Serenoa serrulata (Sabal serrulata oil), Butyruspermun parkii (Karite oil), Rosmarinun officinalis (Rosmarinus oil), Lavandula officinalis (Lavender oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree oil), Origanum vulgaris ( Origanum oil), Thymus vulgaris (Aceite de Tomillo), Laurus nobilis (Aceite de Laurel), Anthemis nobilis (Aceite de Manzanilla), Ocimun basilicum (Aceite de Albahaca), Salvia officinalis (Aceite de Salvia), Mentha piperita (Aceite de Menta), Foeniculum vulgare (Aceite de Hinojo), Citrus limonun (Aceite de Limón), Carum petroselinum (Aceite de Perejil), Eugenia caryophyllus (Aceite de Clavo).

* = recomended

Pure Jojoba Oil * Moreless 70-80%

Carrier olis: Moreless 7-15%, the sum of all CO’s

Borage oil *

Rose hip oil *

Oenothera oil

Avocado oil *

Essentials oils, no more than 5-6% The sum of alls EO’s

Serenoa repens oil

Butirospernum parkii butter

Rosmarinum officinalis oil *

Lavender oil *

Tea tree oil *

Origanum oil *

Thyme oil *

Bay oil

Chamomile oil

Basil oil

Sage oil *

Mint oil *

Fennel oil

Lemon oil

Parsley oil

Clove oil

Ingredients in shampoo

Aqua, Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate*, Aloe Barbadensis, Decyl Glucoside*, Coco Glucoside*, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus, Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil, Argania Spinosa oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Vitis Vinifera seed extract, Spirulina, Thymus Mastichina, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Lavandula Angustifolia, Thymus Vulgaris, Vinegar, Saponaria Officinalis, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Sodium Oxidized Starch Acetate/Succinate*, Sodium Lactate*, Lactic Acid*, Sodium Succinate*, Levulinic Acid*, Anisic Acid*, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
At what dose u tried it?
i just used it straight from the bottle of cedar wood oil.
listen, you have all these studies on pubmed about all these oils and herbal extracts that grow hair on MICE, not humans, stupid mice, and they alllllllllll say whatever they tested promoted growth. frankly,i think they are all bs.
i read the publications, went out n bought about 8 of the oils and herb extracts used it for 6 months (no min or finasteride as these herbs/oils in the studies were better than min or finasteride, or had hair growing/anti-dht properties ) and they didnt stall the hair loss or cause any new growth. waste of money, time and i got balder. soooo until these studies are on actual ppl with andrpgeic alopecia and not mice injected with testosterone, dont put ur hopes, dreams or money in this garbage. a new study comes out every month saying this and that can grow hair...in mice....not in ppl

and for the ppl who want to know what i used, just look at the 2016-2015 pubmed results to get an idea

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
i just used it straight from the bottle of cedar wood oil.
listen, you have all these studies on pubmed about all these oils and herbal extracts that grow hair on MICE, not humans, stupid mice, and they alllllllllll say whatever they tested promoted growth. frankly,i think they are all bs.
i read the publications, went out n bought about 8 of the oils and herb extracts used it for 6 months (no min or finasteride as these herbs/oils in the studies were better than min or finasteride, or had hair growing/anti-dht properties ) and they didnt stall the hair loss or cause any new growth. waste of money, time and i got balder. soooo until these studies are on actual ppl with andrpgeic alopecia and not mice injected with testosterone, dont put ur hopes, dreams or money in this garbage. a new study comes out every month saying this and that can grow hair...in mice....not in ppl

and for the ppl who want to know what i used, just look at the 2016-2015 pubmed results to get an idea

Thanks for your input! Really valuable, but could you specify which oil u tried at what dosage and how often. Either way thank you mate! Also you shouldn't use EO without heavily diluting them, many are very potent and its not suprising you got headache from using it straight out the bottle. It probably will hurt your hair also as many are cytotoxic.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no problem my friend, several years ago I designed a hair treatment.

INCI english components hair lotion and shampoo

Ingredients Hair Tonic: Jojoba esters (pure and cold pressed Jojoba oil), Limanthes alba (Limanthes oil), Borago officinalis (Borage oil), Rosa moschata (Rose Hip oli), Oenothera biennis (Oenothera oil), Persea gratísima (Avocado oil), Serenoa serrulata (Sabal serrulata oil), Butyruspermun parkii (Karite oil), Rosmarinun officinalis (Rosmarinus oil), Lavandula officinalis (Lavender oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree oil), Origanum vulgaris ( Origanum oil), Thymus vulgaris (Aceite de Tomillo), Laurus nobilis (Aceite de Laurel), Anthemis nobilis (Aceite de Manzanilla), Ocimun basilicum (Aceite de Albahaca), Salvia officinalis (Aceite de Salvia), Mentha piperita (Aceite de Menta), Foeniculum vulgare (Aceite de Hinojo), Citrus limonun (Aceite de Limón), Carum petroselinum (Aceite de Perejil), Eugenia caryophyllus (Aceite de Clavo).

* = recomended

Pure Jojoba Oil * Moreless 70-80%

Carrier olis: Moreless 7-15%, the sum of all CO’s

Borage oil *

Rose hip oil *

Oenothera oil

Avocado oil *

Essentials oils, no more than 5-6% The sum of alls EO’s

Serenoa repens oil

Butirospernum parkii butter

Rosmarinum officinalis oil *

Lavender oil *

Tea tree oil *

Origanum oil *

Thyme oil *

Bay oil

Chamomile oil

Basil oil

Sage oil *

Mint oil *

Fennel oil

Lemon oil

Parsley oil

Clove oil

Ingredients in shampoo

Aqua, Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate*, Aloe Barbadensis, Decyl Glucoside*, Coco Glucoside*, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus, Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil, Argania Spinosa oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Vitis Vinifera seed extract, Spirulina, Thymus Mastichina, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Lavandula Angustifolia, Thymus Vulgaris, Vinegar, Saponaria Officinalis, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Sodium Oxidized Starch Acetate/Succinate*, Sodium Lactate*, Lactic Acid*, Sodium Succinate*, Levulinic Acid*, Anisic Acid*, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid.

Really thanks man! You seem to already have formulated the ultimate EO treatment :p How long have been using this? How often per day/per week? Do you use any other treaments? Have you maintained your hair during EO treatment and if you had success was you male pattern baldness agressive before?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I have been using this lotion during more than 15 years, one or two times a week. No more hair treatments. I have mantained my hair, a little regrowth in the first years of use.

BTW i am 58 years old

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the last month and half or so I've been using 4% peppermint oil in combination with minoxidil. Regrowth does seem to have accelerated, although I also started using tretinoin at that time, so it would be impossible to say if the tretinoin or peppermint oil is primarily responsible, or if they're working in synergy to speed things up

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
For the last month and half or so I've been using 4% peppermint oil in combination with minoxidil. Regrowth does seem to have accelerated, although I also started using tretinoin at that time, so it would be impossible to say if the tretinoin or peppermint oil is primarily responsible, or if they're working in synergy to speed things up

Interesting! How long have you been applying minoxidil and have you had any regowth 1 months before you started with peppermint oil?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have been using this lotion during more than 15 years, one or two times a week. No more hair treatments. I have mantained my hair, a little regrowth in the first years of use.

BTW i am 58 years old

Okey I would guess that you have a very mild male pattern baldness but very interesting that you had regrowth first year. You sure though you have MBP?
I think it would be best to rotate 2-3 EO formula in a week applying everyday. I will probably wait til summer before order all the EO I figured out that I really should try topical spironolactone in a lower does since it was so effective before adding anything else.