Essential Oil The Ultimate Thread (experiment)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting! How long have you been applying minoxidil and have you had any regowth 1 months before you started with peppermint oil?

I've been on Finasteride since May 2016 and minoxidil since March 2016, with very gradual regrowth. I skipped minoxidil for about a month in December

I'd say since adding the other items the regrowth is now taking place at a rate that I can actually observe

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on Finasteride since May 2016 and minoxidil since March 2016, with very gradual regrowth. I skipped minoxidil for about a month in December

I'd say since adding the other items the regrowth is now taking place at a rate that I can actually observe

I'm happy that you have succes, I would def guess then that tretionin or peppermint oil doing something. But hard to know if its enhancing minoxidil effect or playing by its own mechanism

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
hard to know if its enhancing minoxidil effect or playing by its own mechanism

Maybe it's doing both! Idk, but this regimen is moving me in a good direction so I will likely be sticking with it for a while

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's doing both! Idk, but this regimen is moving me in a good direction so I will likely be sticking with it for a while

Yes keep us updated! I really believe peppermint oil as an effectful anti-androgen. I remember when I drank tea 1-2 times a day and my body hair thinned out. Also dont you think 4 % is too much. There was som discussion that peppermint oil maybe has epilatory effect although I wouldnt worry about it high doses can by cytotoxic.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes keep us updated! I really believe peppermint oil as an effectful anti-androgen. I remember when I drank tea 1-2 times a day and my body hair thinned out. Also dont you think 4 % is too much. There was som discussion that peppermint oil maybe has epilatory effect although I wouldnt worry about it high doses can by cytotoxic.

I never heard of it as an anti-androgen. I'll have to look into that. I could definitely see how it could be anti inflammatory though.

As far as the percent, idk man. I can only speak for the results I'm getting. Definitely a little goes a long way, as the cooling sensation is pretty intense even from just a little bit

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Okey! It is believed to have anti-androgenetic effects in many anedocts and some research that also suggest it. It is a well known penetration enhancer also. But I would reduce the dose to 1 %. Up to you tho, good luck!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okey! It is believed to have anti-androgenetic effects in many anedocts and some research that also suggest it. It is a well known penetration enhancer also. But I would reduce the dose to 1 %. Up to you tho, good luck!

Can you link me to any studies or anything showing peppermint oil to be epilatory? Or what percentage would have that effect?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no problem my friend, several years ago I designed a hair treatment.

INCI english components hair lotion and shampoo

Ingredients Hair Tonic: Jojoba esters (pure and cold pressed Jojoba oil), Limanthes alba (Limanthes oil), Borago officinalis (Borage oil), Rosa moschata (Rose Hip oli), Oenothera biennis (Oenothera oil), Persea gratísima (Avocado oil), Serenoa serrulata (Sabal serrulata oil), Butyruspermun parkii (Karite oil), Rosmarinun officinalis (Rosmarinus oil), Lavandula officinalis (Lavender oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree oil), Origanum vulgaris ( Origanum oil), Thymus vulgaris (Aceite de Tomillo), Laurus nobilis (Aceite de Laurel), Anthemis nobilis (Aceite de Manzanilla), Ocimun basilicum (Aceite de Albahaca), Salvia officinalis (Aceite de Salvia), Mentha piperita (Aceite de Menta), Foeniculum vulgare (Aceite de Hinojo), Citrus limonun (Aceite de Limón), Carum petroselinum (Aceite de Perejil), Eugenia caryophyllus (Aceite de Clavo).

* = recomended

Pure Jojoba Oil * Moreless 70-80%

Carrier olis: Moreless 7-15%, the sum of all CO’s

Borage oil *

Rose hip oil *

Oenothera oil

Avocado oil *

Essentials oils, no more than 5-6% The sum of alls EO’s

Serenoa repens oil

Butirospernum parkii butter

Rosmarinum officinalis oil *

Lavender oil *

Tea tree oil *

Origanum oil *

Thyme oil *

Bay oil

Chamomile oil

Basil oil

Sage oil *

Mint oil *

Fennel oil

Lemon oil

Parsley oil

Clove oil

Ingredients in shampoo

Aqua, Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate*, Aloe Barbadensis, Decyl Glucoside*, Coco Glucoside*, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus, Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil, Argania Spinosa oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Vitis Vinifera seed extract, Spirulina, Thymus Mastichina, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Lavandula Angustifolia, Thymus Vulgaris, Vinegar, Saponaria Officinalis, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Sodium Oxidized Starch Acetate/Succinate*, Sodium Lactate*, Lactic Acid*, Sodium Succinate*, Levulinic Acid*, Anisic Acid*, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid.

Armando, I am thinking of using the EO approach and just to get my calculations right. I got 60ml of carrier oil, and would like to mix 6 EO's. Would this mean I would only add a max of 5% for the total of all EO's? Or 5% for each EO?

I am planning on adding 3ml of each EO. Is this right?

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi TheShopKeeper
Quantity of Essentials oils, no more than 5-6% The sum of alls EO’s

Good luck

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using cedarwood oil neat for the last few days and I've noticed a significant decline in hair loss, plus I have another mix of essential oils and emu oil which I apply after so far so good!

badluckdude

Reaction score
well I recently tried some paul mitchell tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner and it was waaaaaaaaay to harsh on my scalp. Like my scalp was pink and burning for days after. Maybe its the fact it has some double sulfate action, and thats the problem but whatever the case that has a number of essential oils in it so i was hoping that would work but its gonna be a pass for me.

Anyone ever try some jamican castor oil shampoos etc how did they work?

Again im trying to go with the idea if we are already diluting essential oils so much anyway whats the difference between that and just buying a shampoo wiht a lot of essential oils in it already. Besides well.. price its probably cheaper.. or who knows if thats even true never tried...

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this is not an oil, but im experimenting with Bayberry extract for topical. Every thing ive read shows that Bayberry is extremely potent at inhibiting DHT. Ive even read that Bayberry is more potent than any drug as a topical.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do u guys think about getting argan oil and then crush and cut pepparmint,ginger, garlic and rosemary. Then mix it with the oil and let it sit for a week. Do u guys think that is enough for the substances that helps against hair loss to get released into the oil?