Erdogan Procedure Coming Up; A Few Questions

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a procedure with Dr. Erdogan in Istanbul scheduled for late December and I had a few questions for anyone who knows.

I am an NW2 and my hairline has been stabilized for a few years. I am looking to just get my temples filled in and a slight bit of diffuse thinning .5-1cm into my temporal hairline filled in. I was quoted as needing 2500 grafts, which seems like an enormous amount considered my hair loss isn't really noticeable to anyone but myself. I am doing this mainly to feel more confident. Erdogan only saw pictures of my hairline and I'm hoping that maybe I won't need as many grafts once my actual consult happens. How often do doctors revise their quote? Is Erdogan an ethical practitioner?

Second, I am doing the long hair FUE procedure (google it if you aren't familiar). Since I have no diffuse thinning and the procedure is all in my hairline, I was wondering about density. Does anyone here know anyone who had this procedure and if so, what are the results like? Having as discrete of a procedure as possible is my main concern.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a procedure with Dr. Erdogan in Istanbul scheduled for late December and I had a few questions for anyone who knows.

I am an NW2 and my hairline has been stabilized for a few years. I am looking to just get my temples filled in and a slight bit of diffuse thinning .5-1cm into my temporal hairline filled in. I was quoted as needing 2500 grafts, which seems like an enormous amount considered my hair loss isn't really noticeable to anyone but myself. I am doing this mainly to feel more confident. Erdogan only saw pictures of my hairline and I'm hoping that maybe I won't need as many grafts once my actual consult happens. How often do doctors revise their quote? Is Erdogan an ethical practitioner?

Second, I am doing the long hair FUE procedure (google it if you aren't familiar). Since I have no diffuse thinning and the procedure is all in my hairline, I was wondering about density. Does anyone here know anyone who had this procedure and if so, what are the results like? Having as discrete of a procedure as possible is my main concern.

erdogan is definitely known as a top doctor around here and pretty much every where. You would need to post some pics for any advice. otherwise, we are just guessing. Are you on medication to prevent further hair loss? If not, then you definitely should consider this. What happens when you start to lose hair behind the grafts?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
needs to see pics. Erdogan is known for using a sh*t ton of grafts for dat hollywood hairline

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

It would be great if you post photos of your hairline. Or if you could PM me them. It sounds like your case maybe similar to mine so I want to see if I would need the same amount. Is he going to do the 2500 long hair FUEs in one day or two? I will be very interested in your case because I would want to do the same procedure as I really want to avoid head shaving even though I know you get better accuracy for the hair angles but my hair is straight so it should not be a major issue and I have diffuse thinning already where my follicles are not to close together to transect too much.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post pics when I can.

The other thing that I'm having issues with:

I have no idea how I'm going to travel with over 10,000 Euros in cash. Does anyone have any advice for this? I am an American.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post pics when I can.

The other thing that I'm having issues with:

I have no idea how I'm going to travel with over 10,000 Euros in cash. Does anyone have any advice for this? I am an American.
In Europe, you cannot enter more than 10,000 without filling a form.
You have to justify why you have that much cash, to prevent money laundering.
However, if you have proof you're going to spend it for an operation, you have no problems.
I think Turkey will be very similar. The limit is $5,000.
http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/TR-Turkey-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm
Question: are you able to you wire-transfer the money for the transplant and bring only petty cash?

Lucky Luciano

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no limit either for foreigners or Turkish citizens to carry any amount of foreign currency. You can declare in advance before entering the custom or not, will make no difference.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
$10, 000???!! i thought operations abroad were cheaper like in the $6,000 region

shookwun

Reaction score
Only because he chose long hair FUE, the dumbest and most expensive method possible.
Even if he didn't choose long hair FUE after all your flights, food, hotel, and extra expenses the procedure will cost around 10,000-13,000

Flights 1000-1500 CAD (North America)
Hotel 1-2 extra nights depending on schedule. 100-170 CAD 4 star hotel
Food Roughly 10 CAD for a good meal, not including desert and entrees. Roughly 30 CAD a day. 100-200 CAD
Procedure at 2-2.50 euro a graft 6000-7500 Which would equal 8600- 10,800 CAD

At 1.5 euro a graft for 2800 grafts, 5 nights in a hotel, 3 meals a day i ended up spending around $8500-9000 Canadian. About 200CAD extra from airport parking, and money spent at the mall.

Lol at thinking you will only spend 6000. Sure, if you go to a budget nobody who charges .75-1 euro a graft, and live next door to turkey flight wise. it's easy to low ball your figures until everything is said, and done.

Last edited: