Equol: A Natural Dht Binder And The Primary Ingredient In Brotzu

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 5AR1 inhibition may be relevant to many of your sides. Moreover, the first post in this thread said that the differences were not explained. Why does R-equol work better on the prostate? Entirely because of 5Ar1 inhibition? Are you sure?

Yes I am sure. The studies made no difference on the amount of DHT binding between R and S equol. Unless you believe it has some other hidden magic anti androgen property that is not documented anywhere.

I don't recommend anyone to use racemic equol in ethanol unless you want to be a brainfogged betacuck who can't get it up. It's not really any better of a treatment than Finasteride. Well, maybe there is less gyno but that's it.

I am going to try putting it into liposomes to see if that makes it safer, and if not, I'm throwing it away and holding onto every last hair until the homemade Brotzu lotions materialize.

I last applied it around 36 hours ago (merely 6 mg) and in the past 2 hours my head just snapped into clarity as if a huge fog lifted and I started feeling really pissed off. confident, and intense all of a sudden. That's when I realised I flushed a large amount of equol from my system. It is insane what we have to endure for hair loss. f*** anti androgens, I would be a guinea pig for that PTDDBM Choi compound as of last week. I'd f*****g pay him to put that sh*t on my head daily if it meant never having to touch an anti androgen again. How am I supposed to talk to women when I have no drive or motivation to do so ? From these horrible 'treatments' How much longer will we have to go through this bullshit?

I was in town square and there was some kind of prom night with hundreds of girls all dolled up like no tommorow. I barely got aroused. There is no connection from my brain to my dick. I can't take this kind of GARBAGE anymore. Kill me now. Just end it.

Ortega45

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't recommend anyone to use racemic equol in ethanol unless you want to be a brainfogged betacuck who can't get it up.

I use Finasteride and don't get any sides other than watery semen, why would I get more sides from Equol?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Finasteride and don't get any sides other than watery semen, why would I get more sides from Equol?

Why is the sky blue? I have no idea. I'm just telling my own experience. I'm a pussy and I get side effects from everything. Is that good enough of an explanation?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am sure. The studies made no difference on the amount of DHT binding between R and S equol. Unless you believe it has some other hidden magic anti androgen property that is not documented anywhere.
It clearly has other properties, since the two enantiomers were stated as having very different effects on the body.

I don't recommend anyone to use racemic equol in ethanol unless you want to be a brainfogged betacuck who can't get it up. It's not really any better of a treatment than Finasteride. Well, maybe there is less gyno but that's it.
Maybe this suggests that the sides in finasteride are specifically due to the inhibition of 5ar1 in the brain?

I was in town square and there was some kind of prom night with hundreds of girls all dolled up like no tommorow. I barely got aroused. There is no connection from my brain to my dick. I can't take this kind of GARBAGE anymore. Kill me now. Just end it.
11 years of moderate ED here, I feel your pain.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just know it's unusable for treating hair loss. Because the DHT inhibition curve of equol is fucked up - to inhibit 100% of DHT needs a 20 times higher dose than to inhibit 50%. Meanwhile the estrogen stimulation curve is probably linear, which means that with racemic equol you will be unable to use anywhere near enough to get most of the DHT without stimulating a fuckload of estrogen receptor alpha - as we speak at 6 mg I feel fat accumulation in my buttocks and my nipples are puffy, meanwhile I am still shedding (while on the thyroid meds) and would need 20-30 mg which is impossible to use due to the side effects..

Also if what is said about er-alpha inducing catagen then in high doses this stuff could even be harmful for hair who knows.

It is impossible to use this in a simple ethanol vehicle due to how systemic it goes. Do not bother with racemic equol. Unless the side effect profile significantly improves with liposomes, we will have to wait for the S-Equol lotions, no other choice.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't take my experience too serious as I get side effects from everything, but I am sad to say that this sh*t gives me finasteride brain fog at 1mg per day. I used a PG/water vehicle (not even ethanol lol) at 1:1 ratio. Fortunately, I managed my expectations accordingly so I am not too disappointed.

My last attempts will be topical liposomal finasteride at a micro dose, deslo and maybe equol again as a lower version. Ridiculous when you are willing to take every risk, but cannot even find something to maintain.

At least this stuff appears to be quite strong so I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work for guys who are less sensitive.
Lol I’m using 100mg a day and sh*t is the same as always for me

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I’m using 100mg a day and sh*t is the same as always for me

Complete madness. It won't help you though. The DHT inhibition is probably useless for you and the estrogen stimulation profile of racemic equol overall is quite bad (for hair). You may get a cup size if you keep it up though.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just know it's unusable for treating hair loss. Because the DHT inhibition curve of equol is fucked up - to inhibit 100% of DHT needs a 20 times higher dose than to inhibit 50%. Meanwhile the estrogen stimulation curve is probably linear, which means that with racemic equol you will be unable to use anywhere near enough to get most of the DHT without stimulating a fuckload of estrogen receptor alpha - as we speak at 6 mg I feel fat accumulation in my buttocks and my nipples are puffy, meanwhile I am still shedding (while on the thyroid meds) and would need 20-30 mg which is impossible to use due to the side effects..

Also if what is said about er-alpha inducing catagen then in high doses this stuff could even be harmful for hair who knows.

It is impossible to use this in a simple ethanol vehicle due to how systemic it goes. Do not bother with racemic equol. Unless the side effect profile significantly improves with liposomes, we will have to wait for the S-Equol lotions, no other choice.
I really don’t understand. 100mg might as well be tap water.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don’t understand. 100mg might as well be tap water.

Perhaps I was supposed to be a woman. Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to all this estrogenic bullshit. I'd probably have some amazing breasts. As a guy, I'm just an average chap with hair loss. Maybe in next life, eh?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps I was supposed to be a woman. Maybe that is why I am so sensitive to all this estrogenic bullshit. I'd probably have some amazing breasts. As a guy, I'm just an average chap with hair loss. Maybe in next life, eh?
The next life it is. f*** this one. I want out.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve decided that since it’s entirely safe for me as a female, I’m going to also start taking 20-50mg of equol orally daily also. Recently some weird things have been happening. I’m really oily, my scalp/skin itches and burns, I’ve got acne on my face, neck and chest, serious bloating and other female issues. Today I noticed the backs of my ears burning and saw that they are really red. So are various ares on my scalp and up my nape. Like red hot.
I’m still on duta, estrogen, minoxidil etc. The only things I’ve really changed recently are my forms of estrogen and I started equol topically, but the itching/acne was before the equol. I think I may have to call my bioidentical hormones a fail and start the pill again. I think I’m having some serious androgen issues. What I’m experiencing isn’t dissimilar to severe menopausal symptoms, and I’m right on the 3 month mark after starting bio hormones for this to be kicking in. Anyway, I’ve read some good things about equol for these symptoms. Here’s hoping.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure. I use two types of lights, first of all. One is the LGS1 by LifeGivingStore and the other is the Infrared Light Mini by RedLightMan. They have different wavelengths and different effects. I usually alternate them on different days, pointing them at my thyroid gland for about 1 minute at a distance of 3-4 inches.

On top of that I take a tablespoon of nigella sativa (blackseed) oil in the morning, which improves the efficiency of thyroid hormone production.

That regimen works better for me than any combination of natural or synthetic thyroid hormone replacement pills that I ever tried. Unfortunately, it will also increase T & DHT which has the nasty result of speeding up hair loss, so you better have a good regimen. When it comes to male pattern baldness, having hypothyroidism actually helps slow it down (besides the fact that you feel like sh*t).

No it doesn't.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it does.

Do you have something to reference that hypothyroidism in men is good for hair growth/slowing down hair loss? Or are you just going to say you 'notice' when your thyroid is not doing well your hair feels better or hypothesize that because thyroid hormone is good for your body and production of adequate sex hormones that interfering with them will reduce testosterone and therefore possibly hair loss?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have something to reference that hypothyroidism in men is good for hair growth/slowing down hair loss? Or are you just going to say you 'notice' when your thyroid is not doing well your hair feels better or hypothesize that because thyroid hormone is good for your body and production of adequate sex hormones that interfering with them will reduce testosterone and therefore possibly hair loss?
Hey, sorry to butt in.

The thing about hyperthyroidism is that it usually has a connection to elevated estrogen levels. You’ll find that a lot of women with estrogen dominance issues will also have hashimoto’s. In fact, higher levels of estrogen are connected to autoimmune responses generally.
Whilst hashimoto’s does cause hair shedding, it could be the case for men with the issue, if they also have Androgenetic Alopecia, that their androgenic hairloss is slowly by A: an excess of estrogen, B: LOWER dht and androgens.
Usually this isn’t the case for women but I can see how it would make hairloss slower for men.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, sorry to butt in.

The thing about hyperthyroidism is that it usually has a connection to elevated estrogen levels. You’ll find that a lot of women with estrogen dominance issues will also have hashimoto’s. In fact, higher levels of estrogen are connected to autoimmune responses generally.
Whilst hashimoto’s does cause hair shedding, it could be the case for men with the issue, if they also have Androgenetic Alopecia, that their androgenic hairloss is slowly by A: an excess of estrogen, B: LOWER dht and androgens.
Usually this isn’t the case for women but I can see how it would make hairloss slower for men.

Estrogen dominance is not good for anyone's hair. Being in an unhealthy hormonal state is not good for hair. Having Hasimotos is not good for hair. Most men here do not have high testosterone or high DHT, it seems they are suffering more from low normal testosterone and high normal estrogen. I understand what you guys are saying---lower testosterone and increase estrogen for men, but that is very simplistic and most likely not helpful in male pattern baldness unless you do it to the deree where it changes receptor express in targeted tissues. Which is the problem, not that men with male pattern baldness have too little estrogen (which the opposite is usually true).