EMU oil

johnmanchester

Reaction score
Hi all, seen a few posts about emu oil and possible stimulation of frontal growth, did a search on google.co.uk and it came up with it in pure, shampoo, scalp rub etc??? which one is it the pure stuff if so which product is the best if anybody knows and were to order it from bacause it doesent look like it can be obtained in the high street.

also while im on the subject Green Tea, do you drink it or apply it, i know you can get it with ordinary every day shampoos witg lavender etc is this good enough.

one last thing been on minoxidil for about 2 months at first was only applying once daily bacause was experiencing irritation now putting the stuff on twice can see some very fine hairs (colourless) coming through on frontal whats the chance of them becoming full colour hairs in future (wishing)

also when i apply minoxidil i rub it in for a minute just long enough for it not to run and even it out is this ok instead of just letting it sit after pouring it because i seemed to experience more irritation this way at first by just putting it on and not rubbing it in

also for few years now have had my hair cut very short number 1 or half still run the clippers over it every week but am being carefull in the crown and frontal arears not to dig in, with cutting my hair in this way in any way hamper any growth.

thanks in advance all

john

pearlheartgtr

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been using Emu oil and Folligen every night along with Emu oil shampoo and conditioner and I would say that my scalp is healthier, hair thicker and new hairs have been growning in where they were thinning excessively.

I don't know if links can be posted here but the place I get mine from is Gwendolyn Farms. I would say apply the pure emu oil at night and wash your hair with the emu shampoo and conditioner. Be careful because the pure oil is thick and a little bit goes a long way. Just one dip into the bottle should be more than enough.

Good luck!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
rubbing the minoxidil into your scalp should be just fine. In fact, that is what is recommended. Emu oil has been discussed before because it allows whatever topicals you are using to be better absorbed if the emu oil is used a short period after. I use minoxidil, then folligen for blondes, then emu oil afterwards. Ive been using it for 5 months or so, and I like it. The only problem is that it is pretty greasy and kinda makes my hair look crappy. Its good stuff though. It is best used in conjunction with other topicals to get the best results. do a search for emu oil on this website and see what others experiences have been with it.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea Emu Oil is great for hair. However, I heard, imported Australian version of emu oil is better than American grown emu oil.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
johnmanchester said:
Hi all, seen a few posts about emu oil and possible stimulation of frontal growth, did a search on google.co.uk and it came up with it in pure, shampoo, scalp rub etc??? which one is it the pure stuff if so which product is the best if anybody knows and were to order it from bacause it doesent look like it can be obtained in the high street.

also while im on the subject Green Tea, do you drink it or apply it, i know you can get it with ordinary every day shampoos witg lavender etc is this good enough.

one last thing been on minoxidil for about 2 months at first was only applying once daily bacause was experiencing irritation now putting the stuff on twice can see some very fine hairs (colourless) coming through on frontal whats the chance of them becoming full colour hairs in future (wishing)

also when i apply minoxidil i rub it in for a minute just long enough for it not to run and even it out is this ok instead of just letting it sit after pouring it because i seemed to experience more irritation this way at first by just putting it on and not rubbing it in

also for few years now have had my hair cut very short number 1 or half still run the clippers over it every week but am being carefull in the crown and frontal arears not to dig in, with cutting my hair in this way in any way hamper any growth.

thanks in advance all

john
There is no reason why emu oil wouldn't help the frontal scalp. Here is an interesting link to read : http://www.hairloss-research.org/EmuOil ... rowth.html

As for green tea, doing both would be good - drinking and applying. I don't know that much about the shampoos. Might be useful.

As for minoxidil turning vellous hair into terminal, could be likely. It would be okay to rub it in, just try not to get that much in the hair when you do.

Cutting you hair very short should not hamper growth in those areas. Actually having very short hair will make it easier to apply your topicals. :wink: :)

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
thintop said:
Show me where green Tea and emu oil is proven to work?? Laser Therapy has been used for years and is used in almost every doctors office and medicle facility... But i guess Johns Hopkins and Mayo clinic are Shams Right..LOLOL and I bet you SMELL so Nice !

Listen man, please stop with this sarcastic BS. Okay,so low level laser therapy works. There other products made especially for HUMAN hair loss not for dogs. You didn't discover anything by using that wand of yours.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
thintop said:
Show me where green Tea and emu oil is proven to work?? Laser Therapy has been used for years and is used in almost every doctors office and medicle facility... But i guess Johns Hopkins and Mayo clinic are Shams Right..LOLOL and I bet you SMELL so Nice !

green tea is not proven to work for male pattern baldness indeed, but there are many reasons to use it, mainly topically. I think it makes sence reading the following abstract

Structure-activity relationships for inhibition of human 5alpha-reductases by polyphenols.

Hiipakka RA, Zhang HZ, Dai W, Dai Q, Liao S.

Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, and The Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research MC6027, University of Chicago, 5841 S. Maryland, Chicago, IL 60637, USA.

The enzyme steroid 5 alpha-reductase (EC 1.3.99.5) catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of the double bond of a variety of 3-oxo-Delta(4) steroids including the conversion of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone. In humans, 5 alpha-reductase activity is critical for certain aspects of male sexual differentiation, and may be involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia, alopecia, hirsutism, and prostate cancer. Certain natural products contain components that are inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase, such as the green tea catechin (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG shows potent inhibition in cell-free but not in whole-cell assays of 5 alpha-reductase. Replacement of the gallate ester in EGCG with long-chain fatty acids produced potent 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors that were active in both cell-free and whole-cell assay systems. Other flavonoids that were potent inhibitors of the type 1 5alpha-reductase include myricetin, quercitin, baicalein, and fisetin. Biochanin A, daidzein, genistein, and kaempferol were much better inhibitors of the type 2 than the type 1 isozyme. Several other natural and synthetic polyphenolic compounds were more effective inhibitors of the type 1 than the type 2 isozyme, including alizarin, anthrarobin, gossypol, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, caffeic acid phenethyl ester, and octyl and dodecyl gallates. The presence of a catechol group was characteristic of almost all inhibitors that showed selectivity for the type 1 isozyme of 5 alpha-reductase. Since some of these compounds are consumed as part of the normal diet or in supplements, they have the potential to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase activity, which may be useful for the prevention or treatment of androgen-dependent disorders. However, these compounds also may adversely affect male sexual differentiation.