Emu Oil

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any women out there used emu oil? I read the information at folligen.com, the information at the American Emu Assoc., and the information on this site and I'm wondering if anyone has had positive experiences with emu oil? (The AEA makes emu oil sound like the most wonderful substance ever, which means it's not.)

Even if all it does is make the scalp healthier, it should help to make conditions favorable for regrowth? :? :?:

Any input would be appreciated.

Moon

Reaction score
Hi mariejoe,

I have been using emu oil on my skin for psoriasis. I haven't tried it on scalp. I might do so when I end up shaving my head again. I don't know that it will promote hairgrowth, but I do know it helps heal the skin.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll probably buy it and try it, at least on dry skin. Does it do anything for itchiness?

Could you tell me how well it absorbs into the skin and how oily it leaves the skin where applied?? A healthy scalp would probably grow hair, but if it's oily?...

Moon

Reaction score
You don't want to use too much. I run hot water over bottle before I use it in order to loosen it up a bit. It has kind of thick consistency. It's a little oily, I would imagine if you use it on scalp you would want to wash your hair in order to style it.

I find it soothes my irritated skin and calms down the itching quite a bit. It feels better than any topical steriods I have used. Hope this helps. Please post what you think when you use it. take care.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it's good to have your views and experiences with emu oil. You can only tell so much from sites that sell stuff. I'll let you know how it goes...first I have to buy some.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
hans,
yes it is interesting to hear about other cultures. And I appreciate you sharing with us. I must say, I have never heard of anyone getting their pH tested for ANYTHING. Now, we test our soil for pH to make sure conditions are optimum for what we plant...