Email Response from Intercytex...

jeffsss

Reaction score
Dear Jeff

Thank you for your enquiry about ICX-TRC. We don’t expect ICX-TRC to be on the market until at least 2010. I am sorry if this seems so far off – clinical trials to ensure the safety and efficacy of any new medical product followed by the process in which a company applies to market a new product both take time. Please do keep an eye on our website or even sign up to receive our press releases, so that you will know when ICX-TRC reaches the market.

Kind regards

Katharine Harris

Corporate Communications

Intercytex

St John's Innovation Centre

Cowley Road

Cambridge

CB4 0WS

United Kingdom

ah well.... just like people have said... HM will come out 5 years from the time you ask..

It's wishful thinking that itll be here in 2010.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeasterday i´ve read an interview with the medical director of Bosley (or whatever they are called) in the hairlosshelp site...i thought that the interview was recent because he was saying that HM would come out in 5 years but i then go back to the biggening of the interview and there was the date...2002

If it was 5 years than we would be waiting for next year.

Oh well let´s keep our hopes

jeffsss

Reaction score
yep, i read a interview once from the 90's!!! that talked about HM coming out..

I have a suspicion that it wont be out for like 10-15 years from now.. 2/8/06

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
So they say 5 years from when they are asked about HM...maybe it´s to keep our hopes up

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Intercytex has been sticking to they're 2009-2010 estimate. You'll get either year depending on who writes back but the on the market by 2009 will only happen if fda trials don't fall behind their current schedule.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Any clues as to the costs involved?

Is this going to be something the average person can afford, or reserved for millionaires only?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Siberian said:
Any clues as to the costs involved?

Is this going to be something the average person can afford, or reserved for millionaires only?

well it's not gonig to come out any time soon.. so dont get your hopes up..

just like anything... at first i'm sure the cost will be ridiculous... then over a few years time it'll be more affordable for the working man.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the guy from Bosley said a fee between 7000$-15000$

In my country that´s ridicoulous

jeffsss

Reaction score
FabioM said:
Well the guy from Bosley said a fee between 7000$-15000$

In my country that´s ridicoulous

that's not ridicoulous at all. the cost of a good hair transplant is in that price range my friend.

FrankHair1

Reaction score
You can judge the time base with intercytex's ICX-PRO. They started Phase III in august 2005 and planned to give result in the first quarter of 2007 which means around 1.75 years.

Then lets say they start phase III for hair beginning of 2007. Then would be on the market end 2008 beginning 2009. I think when they say 2010 sounds a bit conservative but maybe not if the FDA is there.

Also Ken Washenik says on the ARI website they should be there before the end of the decade. It sounds weird because I don't think they have even start phase I, anybody knows???

Bye

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have time to stop in because I don't have much homework. Recently, I saw that it will be out by 2010 from Intercytex. That's ok, I hopefully will have money by then.

I also called Aderans recently in Philadelphia about what's going on. I talked to the doctor there, he told me they're still aiming before the end of the decade. Maybe they're just keeping quiet on it.

seancashmere

Reaction score
Fill me in someone, what's Interwhatyoumawho'sit doing now? and the Aderanorsomething? What do they do? Sorry that I'm not in the loop... never thought surgery would be the answer to this problem... always thought it'd be either a pill or a .45 magnum.

powersam

Reaction score
you are all forgetting that we can just go to india for the ghetto version of hairmultiplication.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
you are all forgetting that we can just go to india for the ghetto version of hairmultiplication.

lol, you gotta be joking me. Haha, is that possible in India? Is it anything like Intercytex where they just make several injections in your scalp, or do they do surgery like a normal transplant (although different, you know what I mean. I'm drunk)

michael barry

Reaction score
Ive read a bit on this over at hairsite.com. A couple of posters there who go by James Bond and John the Revelator know a great deal about HM. Both think that Intercyclex and Anderans will miss 2010. However, both are very confident that HM will happen. The FDA trials take about three years.

Five of seven trailees have grown hair with ITC's initial test. The first test were to test safety. So far, so good. Just like the wound healing products and the facial rejuvination products that ITC sells using the same cellular technology, there have been no cancers, side effects, etc.

Biodegradable tissue scaffolds are insuring proper follicle direction, and the hairs have sebaceous glands (so they are nice follicles and not big-vellus hiars). It is important to see if these HAIRS RE-ENLARGE AFTER THE FIRST REST PHASE though. That could be 2-4 more years. They are culturing cells from the OuterRootSheath and Dermal Papilla. They may or may not have to culture cells from the lower root sheath area, arrector pilli muscle etc. They have to get the correct signals in the stem cells in regards to the proper instructions for a donor area follicle to be formed with the ability to regenerate time and again for the rest of your life. Its very complex science.

I personally think some early form of HM will be out there about 2 years later than what they are stating. 10 almost for sure, UNLESS something comes up health-wise with the trialees.
If things go like I think they will, in 20 years or so, about anybody will be able to have a nice head of hair if they want to.

Someday, I think gene-therapy will be performed on teenagers by injecting donor area hair genes into the frontal portions of their scalps and they will never experience recession in their lives. Good for them. Hope this stuff comes around soon enough for us guys to enjoy it. Defeating baldness for dermatolgoy is like orthadontistry defeating bad teeth with braces and dermatology defeating acne with spironolactone, benzoyl peroxide etc. to me. I want it for all humanity. People are nicer when they are happier with their self-image.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info michael barry.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
My question:

To: Mail
Subject: ICX-TRC - Any test patient openings?

Do you have any test patient openings for either your FDA Phase II or
Phase III Trials for ICX-TRC hair regeneration?

Your work looks very promising, and I'd be willing to devote myself to
your study.

If not, are you offering investment opportunities?

Thanks,
Andy

Their response:

Thank you for your query.

Intercytex are hoping to hold their phase II clinical trial in males in
the UK and US in the second half of 2006 but at present the trial design
is under development and there are no timelines or precise clinic
locations. Unfortunately we currently have no plans to hold any trials
in Canada. When further information is available it will be posted on
the Intercytex web site. Please feel free to consult http://www.intercytex.com
for potential updates.

Thank you again for your query.

End

So I guess they haven't even started Phase II yet. Damn.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you still think they offer being a test patient aplunk1? I'd really like to be a part of it.

FrankHair1

Reaction score
Here's what's written on their website :

Phase I clinical trials (safety) have been completed in seven volunteers at a single UK transplant centre. No safety issues have arisen and five out of the seven patients have shown increased hair numbers. A Phase II clinical efficacy trial on patients with male pattern baldness is planned to commence in the first half of 2006.

What they write by e-mail isn't what's written on the website. I think they just said optimistic sentences for the IPOs...

Don't eve count on phase II before 2007 then... It sucks again...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
FrankHair1 said:
Here's what's written on their website :

Phase I clinical trials (safety) have been completed in seven volunteers at a single UK transplant centre. No safety issues have arisen and five out of the seven patients have shown increased hair numbers. A Phase II clinical efficacy trial on patients with male pattern baldness is planned to commence in the first half of 2006.

What they write by e-mail isn't what's written on the website. I think they just said optimistic sentences for the IPOs...

Don't eve count on phase II before 2007 then... It sucks again...

That's being pessimistic. It's difficult to run a risky business like Intercytex, so give them a break.