Edit: Toppik- awesome for me

G

I had originally made this post to say that Toppik didn't live up to my expectations. Well stupid me wasn't shaking the can and was wondering why I wasn't getting good coverage.

Basically, I comb my hair, dry it, then shake the toppik over my balding areas. After I'm done, I wait a minute for it to set then I hairspray it to keep it on my scalp. I don't think that anyone can tell that I'm balding after I'm done. My hair is so much easier to style with it in there and it doesn't irritate my scalp at all. My hair feels so much thicker as well and it's just amazing.

Nothing but thumbs up from me. I'll try to post some pics of me later this week without toppik and with it to show the difference.

G

sorry i will try to get on those soon. i recently cut my hair short too so the toppik looks even better in it. i'll put some on my crown and show the before and after.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik sounds like a good fix for my shedding. I wouldn't like to use it long term but It'd be nice to pull you through a bad shed. I'm surprised I haven't heard about more people using it for this. Hopefully it doesn't become addictive :wink:

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman...I looked at your pics from your stories page. I dont understand the need for Toppik. You are receding a little at the harline that you can cover using a ceaser style haircut. Top is not bad at all.

Remember, unless you really look for hairloss or are really bald people generally dont notice hairloss. I am surprised how many peoples balding I have noticed only after i started noticing my own. Those people were balding earlier too but I did not just notice. What I am ttying to say is people dont notice balding unless you lose maybe about 50% of your hair . Even people with receding hairlines are OK coz many people have it and its just assumed to be normal.

So I will say, stay away from stuff to hide your balding. It will make it more obvious.

Just my $0.02

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Jayman...I looked at your pics from your stories page. I dont understand the need for Toppik. Remember, unless you really look for hairloss or are really bald people generally dont notice hairloss. I am surprised how many peoples balding I have noticed only after i started noticing my own. Those people were balding earlier too but I did not just notice. What I am ttying to say is people dont notice balding unless you lose maybe about 50% of your hair . Even people with receding hairlines are OK coz many people have it and its just assumed to be normal.
So I will say, stay away from stuff to hide your balding. It will make it more obvious.

This was also my first reaction.

cookcubed

Reaction score
I would like to say that Toppik is awsome, espcially for diffuse thinners. It works great and I love it.

Trebor

Reaction score
Doesnt it really only work for certain hair colors?

G

hairhaircomeagain said:
Jayman...I looked at your pics from your stories page. I dont understand the need for Toppik. You are receding a little at the harline that you can cover using a ceaser style haircut. Top is not bad at all.

Remember, unless you really look for hairloss or are really bald people generally dont notice hairloss. I am surprised how many peoples balding I have noticed only after i started noticing my own. Those people were balding earlier too but I did not just notice. What I am ttying to say is people dont notice balding unless you lose maybe about 50% of your hair . Even people with receding hairlines are OK coz many people have it and its just assumed to be normal.

Just my $0.02

hey man:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2204 ... 005iw6.jpg

i'm diffuse across the whole top and in the crown as well. i know i'm not that far along but it is noticeable at 2 inches. right now i have it buzzed:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 73&start=0

but i can't kid myself that i'm not diffusing.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got some Toppik today...awesome product! I can just use a little and there's no way you can tell I'm losing my hair. I can run my hands through my hair and there's no trace of it left on my fingers. It does feel as though I'm cheating, though...I hope I don't feel as though I have to use it everytime I go out.

Jayman...how's it working on your buzz cut?

Kansta

Reaction score
i love toppik, it gave me back my confidence! my crown is quite thin but with toppik its looks thicker than ever!

whoever invented the stuff i'd like to shake their hand! :)

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
It does feel as though I'm cheating

Have you ever tried American Crew Texture Thickening Spray?

I tried loads of different concealers, but I always had this strange feeling that everybody will notice it. I mean, I was much more worried about people noticing the concealer than hairloss. So I decided that they just aren´t for me.

But few days ago I bought AC Texture Thickening Spray. I think that it does nearly as good job as Toppik, Nanogen or Kerasome. And it isn`t a concealer, but more like a conditioner.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to use the American Crew Texture when I had longer hair and could blow dry it.
It’s one of the best thickening hair products I’ve tried (at least for my hair). I think the secret is the sea salt.

But now that I buzzed my hair I don’t use any styling products.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using nanogen since yesterday- Love it.

No noticable thin-ness, just a NW2 hairline showing which looks a bit weird, but again there is no thinness which is good. I need to cut the sides of my hair now, because they're longer then the top- I cut them that way so I could style them up to cover my thin bits. Now it looks kinda clunky with thick hair all over, some bits longer then others.