Dying a system help please

idontevensteven

Reaction score
Okay my hair system is going blondish and my next one wont be here for 2 weeks
its about 2 months old and the hair feels a bit old but not too bad just wondering
I wanna dye it so it looks better but I don't have a spare
can dying the system destroy the hair? I know I can get the color wrong but I know that
but could the hair just fall apart? anyone else have expiriance with dying systems?
Also how do you make sure to not dye the base? I've heard of combing the dye through
please let me know asap want to do it in the next few days!

Noah

Reaction score
No, dying won't destroy the hair or the base - the risk is just that the color match will be bad. Hairpiece hair takes dye in much faster than growing hair, because it's cuticle has been removed, so be cautious. If it were me I would try something simple like Just For Men, rather than full on hair dye.

Obviously you need to be careful not to stain the base. I have heard of people protecting the lace by smearing Vaseline onto it from the scalp side of the base. I have never tried this, and it sounds risky if you don't have a spare unit. I would just pin your unit on a wig head then hang it upside down, comb the dye downwards and be careful not to touch the base.

good luck
Noah

Mayatack

Reaction score
I am trying to research the same thing. I'm on piece #2 and have only used my match color of Ash Brown. I am interested as I am a younger guy in having some different colors. I am interested in a silvery tinted color with green or blue. Or even a light blonde dyed with bright colors. I just want some variety that I can change around. Has anyone done anything like this? The 2 suppliers I have been in contact with don't seem to be understanding my questions fully. It is not recommended by them to dye the hair and can't really tell me how the hair will react. Anyone???