Dutasteride

Thinning22

Reaction score
Dutasteride available w/o a prescription...

I have come across a drug company called Cipla (http://www.cipla.com)...they are based out of india and are extremely large and reputable from what I've read. They produce all kinds of generic drugs including finasteride called finpecia and dutasteride called duprost.

You can purchase these two products at the cheapest prices i have found at a company called United Pharmacies (http://www.unitedpharmacies.com) without a presciption.

A 100 day supply of .5mg Duprost (dutasteride) is $127.50 including shipping. A 100 day supply of 1mg Finpecia (finasteride) is $57.50 including shipping. They also have greater discounts for larger purchases. I strongly reccommend you check them out and hopefully most of you have realized the benefits and equality of generic drugs as compared to brand names.

I was going to order the dutasteride but after reading a few articles on the lack of long term research in regards to Alpha 2 blockers, I have decided to wait maybe 6 months. Instead I've ordered the finpecia. If you can find cheaper prices, let me know.

I would also like to know your thoughts on these two companies.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
I can't see that taking dutasteride twice a week will make a huge difference to your DHT levels.

You say you have nothing to lose hair wise so, money permitting, switch to a proper daily dose of dutasteride. You can drastically shorten the time it takes for dutasteride to build up in your system (about 3 months) by taking a triple dose (1.5mg per day) for 10 days, before reverting to the .5mg dose. See this chart for the effect of different doses: http://www.hairsite2.com/images/dutas_analysis.jpg

But be warned, dutasteride will most likely result in heavy shedding, potentially over a prolonged period, as hairs are ejected from those follicles currently being damaged by DHT.

Slarti

Why should you take 1.5 for 10 days and then take 0.5 every day? To see how your react to the drug in 10 days instead of waiting 3-4 months?

oni

Reaction score
Yes but also to give your body a loading dose so that dutasteride gets to work a lot quicker.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
And what about the possible side effects? Would this mean you will see he side effects sooner instead of waiting 3 or 4 months?

WonTheBattle

Reaction score
Dutasteride Worked when the others didn't

Hi. I've been loosing my hair for four and a half years. Propecia and Rogaine both did nothing. I started on 0.5 MG of dutasteride once a day and in about 4 weeks I noticed my hair loss had stopped. I"m on my third month and I can tell you that I have grown back a lot of hair. I'm so stocked. If the two FDA approved drugs for hair loss didn't work, give Dutasteride a shot.

Algag85

Reaction score
I have been using Propecia for 4-5 months now. I believe it has caused a very large shed lately. While I was showering today I counted 20 hairs that I pulled lightly off of my head, gave up counting after that. I do not know the normal amount of hair shedding in one day, but I am either shedding, or I am losing hair at a fast rate. If I switch to Dutasteride during this shedding period, or even after, will it induce more shedding? Also, I just started with Xandrox 5% this week. Will this also cause more shedding, or do you think Propecia has taken care of all of the shedding? Thx for replies.

Chandy

Reaction score
CIPLA is a well-known company and has a good reputation,but I didn't know they were selling dutasteride. Another very good Indian company,Dr.Reddy's Laboratories is definitely selling them in 0.5mg capsule presentation.
Can someone tell me what the ideal dosage would be,frequency of intake and of course,likely side effects?

G

just bumping this thread. i've read through about half of it and it's very interesting.

a very interesting post in it is bryan's post on the first page about regrowth with dutasteride vs minoxidil.

correct me if i'm wrong guys but can't minoxidil be used anytime to add a hair offset and it doesn't have to be used right at the first sign of loss if you are on an oral dht inhibitor? i think college said that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
a very interesting post in it is bryan's post on the first page about regrowth with dutasteride vs minoxidil.

Wow! Thanks for bumping that up and mentioning it, because I had a computer crash a while back, and lost my copy of that post. I've been trying to find it! :)

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
those minoxidil figures are pretty impressive. and pretty greasy. right now I just use the 5% once a day.

did tricomin outperform minoxidil? what about apple polyphenols? I heard the only source of info is from the sites that sell it.

G

Axon said:
The advantages, as far as I know, are as follows:

1. Better inhibition of BOTH types of 5 Alpha Reductase, and therefore, inhibition of type 1 and type 2 DHT. Finasteride only inhibits type 2. Dutasteride inhibits up to 90% of both DHT types; Fina does something like 50-70% of type 2.

2. Potential for less than a daily dosage. There is a fairly well know example of a "beta" Dutasteride user from hairlosstalk.com - Dr. Monahan. He claims that in 6 months of usage he went from an advanced N4 to an N2. He also claims that Duta did indeed regrow his temples, but like Fina it was more effective on the vertex. After six months he dropped the drug, and was able to maintain this supposed regrowth with Fina and I think an occasional Minoxodil application.

3. According to Glaxo, users reported 150 more vellous hairs than fina users.

Not sure if they also used NANO shampoos like the Fina trial people did. Still, it sounds very, very promising...

dude axon. i can't believe this was your first post. talking about dutasteride years ago before anyone really knew about it or used it. You post isn't the typical first post of most ppl which is, "does propecia make you lose hair"