Dutasteride Successes In The Hairline Struggling Many

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean it works, pretty powerful stuff though. What kind of thinning do you have?

wbz115

Reaction score
I think it really depends. For me, after trying dutasteride for 1 year after switching from finasteride, my hairline thinning became worse. It must be because of the increase in scalp test. Its a shame because most studies would lead you to believe that its superior, but it doesn't take into account that some individuals could still be sensitive to testosterone when dht is reduced.

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
Two weeks in on Dutasteride and my Norwood 1.5 hair line is thinning fast.
With Dust aren't you supposed to have a massive shed in the beginning? I know with finasteride that initial shedding is normal, and it's going to scare you.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Im switching back to finasteride for like the third time or so, its just too aggressive on my hair. Why/how I don't know, maybe something to do with scalp T.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
With Dust aren't you supposed to have a massive shed in the beginning? [...]

I was shedding before dutasteride, not after.

Avodart is amazing, it is working beautifully and has stopped my hairloss. My only concern is sexual dysfunction and other possible side effects.

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
I was shedding before dutasteride, not after.

Avodart is amazing, it is working beautifully and has stopped my hairloss. My only concern is sexual dysfunction and other possible side effects.
That is good news to hear. I just started dutasteride about a month ago, so far just a little shedding and no improvement yet obviously. Finasteride worked wonderfully from age 25 to 35 or 36, then the hair starter to go again, sloooowly. Now at 38 the thinning has gotten my attention once again so I'm looking forward with a lot of anticiation. Rogaine and Nizoral still on board as always since 2007