Dutasteride Severe Side Effects, When Will It End

Thestateofmark

My Regimen
Reaction score
On finasteride for 1 year everything was fine, wanted better results switched to duta. I've taken .5mg 2x a week for the past 5 weeks. I had to stop, severe joint pain and start of gyno b**ch tits.... How long untill these side effects go away?

When will this garbage be out of my system?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On finasteride for 1 year everything was fine, wanted better results switched to duta. I've taken .5mg 2x a week for the past 5 weeks. I had to stop, severe joint pain and start of gyno b**ch tits.... How long untill these side effects go away?

When will this garbage be out of my system?
i think it has 2 months half life ?

Thestateofmark

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like an old man w arthritis. I woke up one morning after going to the gym and I had a fresh pair of tities looking back at me :(( these se should go away right?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5 mg twice a week = a little more than 0.1 mg daily . Which has a half life of 3-4 days .
SO after 20 days it will be out of your system

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will last 6 weeks ... but the side effects will disappear soon.
Dutasteride half life is 6 weeks. It's not really a strong drug, it's only strong in a long term use (because of the long half life - it builds up).
Just 1 pill of 0.5mg of dutasteride is nothing compared to 1 pill of 1mg Finasteride.
I hope I'm clear.
Is that so? Maybe that's why people who have success on finasteride seem to lose ground when starting dutasteride. Best thing to do would be to use them simultaneously then, right?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just over a month. Im surprised at your side effects though, gyno is really uncommon, only a few percent, it's mostly libido problems.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that so? Maybe that's why people who have success on finasteride seem to lose ground when starting dutasteride. Best thing to do would be to use them simultaneously then, right?

Yeah you're right I think. Yes using them simultaneously for a while, to be sure Dutasteride reaches the max dose.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you're right I think. Yes using them simultaneously for a while, to be sure Dutasteride reaches the max dose.
Have you thought about trying a topical anti androgen? I'm thinking about topical Bicalutmide.. It may be what we need to stop the hair loss and shedding?

Thestateofmark

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it was the combination of finasteride and dutasteride that messed my hormones up bad, I even had nipple discharge, puffy nipples. f*****g man boobs, I'm thinking about getting Nova (tomaxafin) to get rid of the gyno (read a study that said if you treat gyno within 6 -12 months of getting it then you don't need surgury) also taking zinc and ordered some vitex

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep I tried. 0.5%, 1%, 5% ... with legit bicalutamide.
You should avoid hormones or anti-hormone. I don't really believe in this thing ... but maybe you should try Seti ... it seems safer.
Did you mix your solution properly? I'd think if I were to do it myself as a first timer I would probably screw it up. I would love to try seti but its ridiculously expensive! Definitely not something I can afford, even in short term. What do you mean by 'Avoid hormones or anti-hormones' ?
I guess I'm just finding it hard to believe that even with your extreme regimen + a powerful topical anti androgen you were not able to at least maintain. I'm by no means saying you're lying because I've went pretty hardcore myself and never regrew a single hair, only lost more. If its not androgens that's the problem I wonder what is in your case ( and possibly mine too )
If I remember correctly you used dutasteride for years with success? So that obviously pointed to your issue being androgen related, but somehow by using even more powerful drugs it isn't helping. So far in my case no DHT blocker or anti androgen has helped my hair at all. I did have a few months of success on oral minoxidil but that's about it, everything went to sh*t pretty quickly after that.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you mix your solution properly? I'd think if I were to do it myself as a first timer I would probably screw it up. I would love to try seti but its ridiculously expensive! Definitely not something I can afford, even in short term. What do you mean by 'Avoid hormones or anti-hormones' ?
I guess I'm just finding it hard to believe that even with your extreme regimen + a powerful topical anti androgen you were not able to at least maintain. I'm by no means saying you're lying because I've went pretty hardcore myself and never regrew a single hair, only lost more. If its not androgens that's the problem I wonder what is in your case ( and possibly mine too )
If I remember correctly you used dutasteride for years with success? So that obviously pointed to your issue being androgen related, but somehow by using even more powerful drugs it isn't helping. So far in my case no DHT blocker or anti androgen has helped my hair at all. I did have a few months of success on oral minoxidil but that's about it, everything went to sh*t pretty quickly after that.

Yeah I did it right. I tried different solutions.
I mean you should be careful with anti-androgen or estrogen drugs. Maybe Seti is safer (I don't really know). I regret I used (and still using) Dutasteride, Cypro, spironolactone, ... and when it's too late, it's really too late.
I used Dutasteride for ... hard to remember sorry, almost 9-11 years I think (maybe more, I'm not sure, ...) and yeah it worked. Ok my hair was still sh*t (no swimming, rain, ...) but I was happy anyway. When I added spironolactone and later Cypro and reduced Dutasteride the nightmare began. Dutasteride at 1mg and 2 mg was the best cure for me ... but no sex drive at all. After all these years I was tired of having no libido at all (I have a partner, not easy for him either). I regain a lot of hair in 2010 when I tried Leuprorelin + Dutasteride, it was amazing (no minoxidil).
Yeah ... minoxidil worked wonders for a year, but at the same time I started spironolactone. If Antiandrogens is not working properly Minoxidil is useless after some times. We must first stop the cause of hair loss, and then work on regrowth.
Sorry for my english, again.