Dutasteride ruining safe zones/speeding up diffuse thinning. (RH?)

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
On follicles, sure. A 15% increase in T on the body is not insignificant though, and can easily account for the symptoms like increased oil secretion and increased libido.
My resting test was 887, so damn high. And I noticed once starting dutasteride that my seb derm got even more severe. Its verging on intolerable, and completely interfering with life due mainly to itching. I thus am back to finasteride, which was causing it on its own. I'm wondering how the hell I can lower my T a little while staying on finasteride. My SHBG is 44, which is good.

leinadusa

My Regimen
Reaction score
too much yadda yadda in this thread. Dutasteride wont make you shed in 3 weeks and even if it does, it wont shed enough in 3 weeks to make you lose density.
I shedded hair on dutasteride for 5 months straight before i saw regrowth. I barely saw a difference in my density in those 5 months despite the brutal sheds.

You are shedding from the oral minoxidil you troglodyte.
Did you start with finastride before transitioning to Duta? If so did you experience a set back in your growth/shedding during that process?

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you start with finastride before transitioning to Duta? If so did you experience a set back in your growth/shedding during that process?
Yes, I added dutasteride on top, and then removed it three weeks later, all while staying on and continuing finasteride, never stopping it. The thing is, I got a hair transplant on my temples around the same time I started the dutasteride, which made me think it was actually shock loss, and it was hair that was coming out anyways. Its clear that finasteride eventually became too weak for me. That, + starting min, + the transplant = a massive change in hair texture, density, more loss, etc. I'm looking for a topical AA now or something else to add to the regimen.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
said it before say it again, dutasteride raises scalp test too much which can cause unreversible hair loss. Same goes for finasteride, combining the 2 is a death sentence

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
said it before say it again, dutasteride raises scalp test too much which can cause unreversible hair loss. Same goes for finasteride, combining the 2 is a death sentence
Did you actually read any of this guys thread? He added dutasteride, oral minoxidil AND got a hair transplant, all at the same time. Scalp test is literally irrelevant for most people who's free T isn't already skyrocketing, and dutasteride is certainly not the reason this guy is shedding.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Nice broscience. Yet many studies of dutasteride show greater hair regrowth compared to finateride.