dutasteride regrowth time

danch

Reaction score
Hey just wondering what some other dutasteride users have experienced. I've almost been taking dutasteride for 3 months now and im pretty sure by now ive stopped shedding and most of my hairloss is at the mid scalp/vertex region. Just wondering how long it took others to see regrowth on dutasteride? i took finasteride for about a year with pretty much no results but no loss. im starting to get worried because after this shed from dutasteride the thinning is very noticeable, easily can see a shiny patch at the top of my head where the hair is thin and im just scared it wont grow back or thinken up. Anyone have any similar happen to them and eventually get regrowth?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Difficult to say. Maybe 4-9 months longer? I think 2 years in total for an anti androgen (dutasteride and finasteride) will give close to peak results for most people.

If it's a shed it should grow back thicker.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I am using 2 orals, Dutasteride 0.5mg per day and Setipiprant 300mg a day in 3 doses both for just under 2 months. In addition to these I am also applying the PG protocol to my hairline and temples. People on here will argue that it may/may not work but what I will tell you is that in those 2 months I have seen an explosion of white vellus hairs in the hairline that then turned into small black pigmented hairs, these are across the region spanning right down to NW0. Around the hairline and in the corners of my temples I have seen good regrowth especially in my right temple which I feel has always been the stronger of the two. There are literally no more miniaturized hairs around my hairline anymore, they have been gradually disappearing over these last 2 months and if they all grow back as full hairs then my hairline will look even better. I hope that over the next few months my hair really begins to improve even more than currently, I am debating adding Cloprostenol, UVB burns and some CB-03-01 that I have in my freezer into the protocol to hopefully speed things along, I am 19 and really want my hair to be as good as possible asap, I feel like I don't have time to waste.

Like I said I am only applying the entire protocol to my temples and hairline sort of as a bit of a test, I do add Neogenic and PGE2 to my crown and scalp and I do feel like it's gotten ever so slightly thicker but it is harder to see regrowth in those areas as there is already hair covering it unlike the hairline. My crown is still quite bare though, there is a visible spot that if I do not slightly combover it looks really obvious. So I feel like the protocol is working as it is growing hair on my temples (usually considered the hardest part to grow back) faster than I am regrowing (if I am regrowing at all) on dutasteride and only a portion of the protocol at the crown.

I rambled a bit but as there aren't too many dutasteride users here I thought I would chime in on my experiences so far, as for the question I think giving dutasteride 6 months to see what sort of levels of regrowth you may get compared to baseline is a good idea. After that you can decide what to do. Yeah Wolf Pack is right that 2 years is probably the peak you're gonna reach but 6 months will give you a good idea of the levels of regrowth you will get. Good Luck!

testingit

Reaction score
I am using 2 orals, Dutasteride 0.5mg per day and Setipiprant 300mg a day in 3 doses both for just under 2 months. In addition to these I am also applying the PG protocol to my hairline and temples. People on here will argue that it may/may not work but what I will tell you is that in those 2 months I have seen an explosion of white vellus hairs in the hairline that then turned into small black pigmented hairs, these are across the region spanning right down to NW0. Around the hairline and in the corners of my temples I have seen good regrowth especially in my right temple which I feel has always been the stronger of the two. There are literally no more miniaturized hairs around my hairline anymore, they have been gradually disappearing over these last 2 months and if they all grow back as full hairs then my hairline will look even better. I hope that over the next few months my hair really begins to improve even more than currently, I am debating adding Cloprostenol, UVB burns and some CB-03-01 that I have in my freezer into the protocol to hopefully speed things along, I am 19 and really want my hair to be as good as possible asap, I feel like I don't have time to waste.

Like I said I am only applying the entire protocol to my temples and hairline sort of as a bit of a test, I do add Neogenic and PGE2 to my crown and scalp and I do feel like it's gotten ever so slightly thicker but it is harder to see regrowth in those areas as there is already hair covering it unlike the hairline. My crown is still quite bare though, there is a visible spot that if I do not slightly combover it looks really obvious. So I feel like the protocol is working as it is growing hair on my temples (usually considered the hardest part to grow back) faster than I am regrowing (if I am regrowing at all) on dutasteride and only a portion of the protocol at the crown.

I rambled a bit but as there aren't too many dutasteride users here I thought I would chime in on my experiences so far, as for the question I think giving dutasteride 6 months to see what sort of levels of regrowth you may get compared to baseline is a good idea. After that you can decide what to do. Yeah Wolf Pack is right that 2 years is probably the peak you're gonna reach but 6 months will give you a good idea of the levels of regrowth you will get. Good Luck!

Have you noticed any results from setipiprant/kyth-105? I'm skeptical about this, but curious. Never knew anyone took it orally.