dutasteride ONCE A MONTH

G

bubka said:
i am getting greedy, so tempted to maybe add in dutasteride 2x a week...

that's more effective than the 1.25 mg proscar you're taking so you could drop the proscar and replace it with dutasteride twice a week, since 1 dutasteride every 5 days is equal to 5 mg of Proscar a day, so 1 every 3.5 days would be more so. or you could just take the dutasteride once every 5 days and it would be equivalent to the 5 mg a day of finasteride and if you used Avodart from a US pharmacy it would only run you $190 a year or so, which would be cheaper than the finasteride you're using now.

myself i like taking it every day because it makes it easier to not forget and because i wanted the extra regrowth. it did grow 50% more hair compared to finasteride but that was at the 0.5 mg a day dose, so that's what I wanted, and I want to keep it for as long as possible. mine is looking rather good. it definitely has gotten any worse than it was pre-treatment, and the crown has almost entirely filled in if there was even a problem there before. my mid-scalp has really thickened up and it's only the front that's thin, but it's not any thinner than it was before, so i can't complain. when i add minoxidil it will probably thicken up more.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:
Why can't I take 1 pill per month? Isn't taking more than 1 pill per month just overkill?

CrazyArab, you only need 1 pill a month. The reason we take them everyday is becauset they taste so damn good. We can't help ourselves.

G

WorldofWarcraft said:
CrazyArab said:
Why can't I take 1 pill per month? Isn't taking more than 1 pill per month just overkill?

CrazyArab, you only need 1 pill a month. The reason we take them everyday is becauset they taste so damn good. We can't help ourselves.

Have you always been this funny.. or did you go to Uni for it?

G

OK LET ME ASK IT IN THIS WAY.

Is there any point to taking dutasteride once a month? Does it save your hair to any degree? If so.. whats once a month compared to finasteride wise?

G

CrazyArab said:
OK LET ME ASK IT IN THIS WAY.

Is there any point to taking dutasteride once a month? Does it save your hair to any degree? If so.. whats once a month compared to finasteride wise?

it won't do sh*t for you

G

So what your saying is.

Taking dutasteride once a month is like taking nothing?

It cannot give the hair any extended life?

It's useless?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much useless, yeah...

G

If 1 dutasteride every 5 days = 5mg Proscar everday

Then surely 1 dutasteride every week should be aiite?

Bryan?

JayMan?

Sean68

Reaction score
in theory yeah. i wouldnt risk it though. twice maybe.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CA, I'm curious as to why you seem so surprised by the idea that one Avodart per month isn't going to do much. We all know from Glaxo's trial that the dose of 0.05 mg/day was near the limit of what was minimally effective for hairloss. The dose you're suggesting is only (the equivalent of) 0.017 mg/day, or only one third of that. Furthermore, because of dutasteride's nonlinear elimination characteristics, the effective dose is probably even somewhat less than that.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:

It should be a bit helpful.

Bryan

G

CrazyArab said:

Bryan?

JayMan?

look do you want to keep your hair or not?

why are you so against taking it once a day?

G

cause my nipples got bigger on finasteride.. imagine what dutasteride would do.

I want to use an internal.. but i want to get the most effects from minimal use.

I want to just HALT hairloss, and regrow topically (thru the ApplePoly im going to make)

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:

I want to use an internal.. but i want to get the most effects from minimal use.

I want to just HALT hairloss, and regrow topically (thru the ApplePoly im going to make)

If you are not reacting well to the internals, just drop them, cutting back on dosage until you have no sides will probably make it just as ineffectual in growing/maintaining hair as well. I was on finasteride for a few months and it was not for me either. I have switched to a topical regime consisting of 5% spironolactone and Revivogen, this is possibly the best you can do short of RU, it works and is safe. This is your only option.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
CA, I'm curious as to why you seem so surprised by the idea that one Avodart per month isn't going to do much. We all know from Glaxo's trial that the dose of 0.05 mg/day was near the limit of what was minimally effective for hairloss. The dose you're suggesting is only (the equivalent of) 0.017 mg/day, or only one third of that. Furthermore, because of dutasteride's nonlinear elimination characteristics, the effective dose is probably even somewhat less than that.

Bryan

Why are you curiuos? Isn't it obvious that the reason he thinks this way is because he refuses to read up on dutasteride? I mean, someone like him who just absolutely refuses to read any of the literature out there is going to ask hilarious questions.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:

You can't "beat" the sides. If 1 dutasteride pill a week significantly lowered your DHT levels to the point it would save your hair, then you are going to experience the same sides you did before.

The point at which your dosage is so low that your niples won't grow will be the point that your dosage won't help your hair.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it depends on why he got the sides.

if it was from the medication itself then yes dutasteride can help.

if it was from the hormonal changes then i don't think a switch would help.

only thing you can do is try and see.

Riordan

Reaction score
even if you take 1 dutasteride per week, the sides will still be the same. im taking dutasteride 2x per week now but the breast enlargement never subsided. once u get the boobs, that's permanent. live with that.

you can't have your own cake and it too.