dutasteride ONCE A MONTH

G

JayMan might jump on this and put the flame out.. but hang the heck on for a sec..

dutasteride has a half life of 5 weeks.

Why can't I take 1 pill per month? Isn't taking more than 1 pill per month just overkill?

G

No im for real.

If dutasteride has a 5 week half life.. why can't we take 1 pill every 5 damn weeks?

Sean68

Reaction score
because the levels in your system would be too low to have an effect.

oni

Reaction score
Look at the results they got for 0.5mg a day.

These results are because dutasteride builds up in your system over time.

This can only happen because of dutasteride's "5 week half life" :D

This is also why some people take a loading dose on dutasteride for a short period to help it build up in your system faster!

Please tell me you understand now. :D

G

Ok.. so after the loading period.. can't i maintain with 1 per month

Sean68

Reaction score
if you could - and i dont think you can, then youd have to keep doing loading doses all the time which is probably more likely to cause you sides
and its just a pain. why not just start with the regular does then cut down
if you have to?

G

Cause finasteride made my nipples larger.. I can only imagine what constant dutasteride will do.

At the same time I dont wanna walk away from them both. Its just the Acne thats shitting me away from finasteride.

oni

Reaction score
Just give dutasteride ago :D girls like a man with large nipples :wink:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:
Ok.. so after the loading period.. can't i maintain with 1 per month

Of course not. Even though it has a long half-life, if all you're taking is 1 capsule per month, it would still be metabolized and excreted FAR faster than what such a tiny dose would be able to sustain in your bloodstream.

Bryan

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you want to keep a concentration of it in your system constantly. Taking 1 a month would have the dose so low that it would be ineffective.

take a bag with a small hole in the bottom(your body) .. fill it with sand (load dose) ... now you want to add enough sand to it to keep it at that same level while its draining out of the bag.

Now where that level is going to be depends on how you take it and thats what this chart shows.

dutas_analysis.jpg

G

That chart is hard to understand..

WELL

What about 1 capsule per week. I read somewhere its sufficient.

Sean68

Reaction score
its not that much better than taking finasteride every day. maybe you should start thinking of something else if youre this concerned.

G

I can't. I can't abandon the internals. But I can't handle the finasteride Acne.

hang on. If once a week is similar to finasteride every day.. AND supposedly gets rid of acne with the Type I action.. then haven't I just solved my problem?

I'm getting the finasteride dosage alternative with the removal of acne by taking 1 capsule of dutasteride a week?

Is that my prob solved?

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you guys, dutasteride has completely obliterated my acne - No signs whatsoever anymore! Of course, your still going to have to maintain your facial hygiene I'm sure.

CrazyArab, I would just use the standard dose of .5mg/day or .5mg/M/W/F. I just don't think once per week just is going to cut it my friend.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:
I can't. I can't abandon the internals. But I can't handle the finasteride Acne.

hang on. If once a week is similar to finasteride every day.. AND supposedly gets rid of acne with the Type I action.. then haven't I just solved my problem?

I'm getting the finasteride dosage alternative with the removal of acne by taking 1 capsule of dutasteride a week?

Is that my prob solved?

I think only 1 capsule of dutasteride a week is pushing your luck a little. Why not take 2 a week, to be on the safe side? Furthermore, 1 dutasteride a week (or even 2) will have no significant effect on type 1 action. And even if it did, you should know that a study from a year or two ago found that a specific type 1 inhibitor (Merck's experimental drug MK386) had no effect on acne.

Bryan

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you know i haven't really noticed much acne from dutas. More so on my back then on my face. And I used to get a new pimple like once a week.

Now its like once a month if that. But i still get the back acne just the same.

G

Why not just take a dutasteride EVERY DAY? EVERY DAY. KNock out half the 5ar1 and 98.5% of the 5ar2. Protect your hair.