Dutasteride Mesotherapy As Opposed To Oral Treatment

Mashed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if there's already a thread somewhere.

Has anyone tried Dutasteride Mesotherapy? Involves injecting directly to the scalp and, I believe, was shown to only affect scalp DHT and not serum DHT. It doesn't appear to be a widely practised form of treatment?

I'm unable to post the study link and dermatologist's blog, but they are easily findable by Googling 'Dutasteride Mesotherapy.'

EDIT: seems I can post links now.. http://davidsaceda.com/2018/11/22/mesotherapy-with-dutasteride-an-option-to-treat-hair-loss/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

Last edited:

CapiLarry

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has tried it but I've looked into it as well.

"Mesotherapy using Dutasteride-Containing Solution in Male Pattern Hair Loss: a Controlled Pilot Study" achieved 30% improvement in haircount at 12 weeks. They even have a clear before/after pic. In terms of the 0.05% solution there's enough info in the literature for a compounding pharmacist to understand. There are proper medical mesotherapy guns available to buy for about $1500 for a fancy one. The gun doses metered amounts through something like a 20 needle array and operates similarly to a dermapen.

There were no noted side sexual side effects in any of the subjects but they did not actually test serum levels.

The treatment has to be repeated every 3 months ongoing.

There are a other studies as well.

Mashed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's very well known!

I assume I can't post links due to my post count - fair enough - but one of the links I wanted to post discussed no effects on serum DHT.

The main practising dermatologist appears to be based in Madrid?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if there's already a thread somewhere.

Has anyone tried Dutasteride Mesotherapy? Involves injecting directly to the scalp and, I believe, was shown to only affect scalp DHT and not serum DHT. It doesn't appear to be a widely practised form of treatment?

I'm unable to post the study link and dermatologist's blog, but they are easily findable by Googling 'Dutasteride Mesotherapy.'

ye studies showed it could be an effective treatment. but now you have to find who can offer such procedure. If you find a clinic/dermatologist then go for it . I guess there is nothing much to lose.

Mashed

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does this not go systemic when when a topical finasteride just on your head goes systemic and causes side-effects?

I'm not sure. But one of the sources I wanted to - but am unable to - share said that, when tested, there was no impact on Serum DHT, suggesting it remained localised to the scalp.

Topical finasteride is taken every day, right? This treatment involves injecting a tiny dose of dutasteride weekly for an initial period, before tapering off into doses once every 2/3 months.

EDIT: seems I can post links now.. http://davidsaceda.com/2018/11/22/mesotherapy-with-dutasteride-an-option-to-treat-hair-loss/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

Last edited:

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is something to look into..
For myself, I never wanted to take Finasteride/Duasteride orally.
So I got some topical Duasteride last week.
And it seems to be agreeable.
I also Dermaroller so this is close to what this study did. I believe they did injections once a week. If you do it yourself you could do more. And injecting it into scalp doesn’t seem too dangerous. So that would be simple as well.
Ofcourse your doctor is probably not going to be keen on this for liability concerns.

NZ_Guy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I have someone that could perform this on me but how is the solution made?

PolishGuy

Reaction score
I put some dutasteride liquid from capsules to the minoxidil bottle then i spray it after 2 mm dermapening on my crown. Im thinking about injecting minoxidil with dutothe scalp by myself with mesotherapy needle.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no reason why this would not go systemic. Might as well eat it. "No sexual side effects", given what we see from Merck studies, doesn't sound very convincing in practice. Let's see those serum DHT measurements.

All of the topical finasteride preparations have been shown to go systemic and end up no better than the oral counterpart. I don't see how injecting something into the scalp would avoid that. The moment a substance is exposed to the capillary network of the scalp, off it goes into the rest of the body.

Reactions: WMQ

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no reason why this would not go systemic. Might as well eat it. "No sexual side effects", given what we see from Merck studies, doesn't sound very convincing in practice. Let's see those serum DHT measurements.

All of the topical finasteride preparations have been shown to go systemic and end up no better than the oral counterpart. I don't see how injecting something into the scalp would avoid that. The moment a substance is exposed to the capillary network of the scalp, off it goes into the rest of the body.

Tresless had a study posted showing after daily use of topical finasteride after 6 months there was a very minor reduction in DHT something like 10-15% showing the systematic concerns are exaggerated. Also I believe dutasteride is significantly more prone to be staying put in the topical site vs finasteride due to it's chemical makeup of wanting to stay put more in a lipid environment is what was stated for a different topical dutasteride product meant for daily use. Would be nice if it was easy to just get a topical dutesteride product that wasn't extremely overpriced.

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put some dutasteride liquid from capsules to the minoxidil bottle then i spray it after 2 mm dermapening on my crown. Im thinking about injecting minoxidil with dutothe scalp by myself with mesotherapy needle.

Where do you get the dutesteride liquid capsules from? What is it called?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that topical dutasteride can potentially be less systematic then Finasteride but I still haven't seen any solid evidence for it, Id like to be proved otherwise though

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard of dutasteride injections in the scalp but never finasteride injections. Any one here seen evidence if finasteride injections into scalp?