Dutasteride Is One Hell Of An Interesting F*cking Drug

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, you've got balls, @buckthorn. I would be too scared to try dutasteride, taking into account my total loss of libido and erections with 1,25 mg of finasteride ed. But if it works for you, and you even get a libido boost without undesirable side effects, you should feel satisfied, am I wrong?

well sh*t who even knows with this crap. dutasteride might grow all your hair back and give you raging erections in the middle of the night. Or, you may wake up with worms infiltrating your testicles and blood oozing out of your penis. That's what's really sh*tty about all these meds, 100% unpredictable. We will see. I will stick with it for a while. I have no other options.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no more finasteride microdosing?

I am still taking a small amount of finasteride (don't even ask me why. I have it and I feel it works for my hair line). But, attempting .5mg dutasteride, because my hair loss is so rapid and crazy, I am hoping it may work somehow. I've been through enough of this sh*t. One more attempt, guns blazing, before i finally admit defeat.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Glucosamine chondroitin would give me very wild Dreams if I take it before bed. I now take it when I get up. I take finasteride before bed no issues. I still get the midnight rod.
Drink plenty of water!
Try switching brands. All drugs give you sides. Are the sides worth it?
Best of luck. I should be on dutasteride.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn - Best of luck bro. I know it must been a really tough decision for you. By the way which brand are you using and where did u buy it from if u dont mind sharing.

I totally feel ur pain and frustration..

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it even possible to notice an effect so quickly? I thought dutasteride had to build up in your system first? I've been on it for 4 months, noticed absolutely no chance he in any way, good or bad. Same for 15% minoxidil before that, which I quit and went back to 5% 1 months ago with no noticeable change.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn - Best of luck bro. I know it must been a really tough decision for you. By the way which brand are you using and where did u buy it from if u dont mind sharing.

I totally feel ur pain and frustration..

I get from Murray Ave. Apothecary, so I know it's legit. Thanks man. It is f*cking tough.

Is it even possible to notice an effect so quickly? I thought dutasteride had to build up in your system first? I've been on it for 4 months, noticed absolutely no chance he in any way, good or bad. Same for 15% minoxidil before that, which I quit and went back to 5% 1 months ago with no noticeable change.

Well, somethings up. I haven't had dreams like this, or night erections like this since like ninth grade, haha. finasteride did something similar. I just hope the horrible scalp sensations go away with accumulation of dutasteride in the body. Maybe i just need to wait it out. I've tried it a couple times this past year. I always quit WEEK ONE because I cannot stand the crawling termite feeling. I will ride it out though.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @buckthorn
this is going to sound weird but you should try coconut oil for your scalp itch. It worked for me and i've heard reports from others that claim the same. I used to have insane scalp itch every day - the kind that makes you want to peel off the skin from your head in order to have some peace. I haven't had that in almost a year. You likely will only need to use a little bit of it (every few days) and it mostly gets absorbed by scalp/hair so it's not too messy (though you do need to wash off after a few hours).

thanks man, I will try it. It's more of a crawling / tingling, but it may help anyways. I just ordered some Seti. I hope that relieves some of it. we will see...

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn
Is this possibly what you're experiencing?
finasteride and dutasteride both are known for these sides in some individuals

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/10244-Reflex-Androgenicity-(Bad-reaction-to-finasteride)?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @buckthorn
this is going to sound weird but you should try coconut oil for your scalp itch. It worked for me and i've heard reports from others that claim the same. I used to have insane scalp itch every day - the kind that makes you want to peel off the skin from your head in order to have some peace. I haven't had that in almost a year. You likely will only need to use a little bit of it (every few days) and it mostly gets absorbed by scalp/hair so it's not too messy (though you do need to wash off after a few hours).

Does coconut oil get absorbed?

Damn ...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn
Is this possibly what you're experiencing?
finasteride and dutasteride both are known for these sides in some individuals

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/10244-Reflex-Androgenicity-(Bad-reaction-to-finasteride)?

definitely could be. I am hoping that this occurance will be off set by the RU. Theoretically, dutasteride reduces scalp DHT by up to 70%. RU, binds androgen receptors. So, if I lose hair on this, then EVERYTHING IS A LIE!!!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely could be. I am hoping that this occurance will be off set by the RU. Theoretically, dutasteride reduces scalp DHT by up to 70%. RU, binds androgen receptors. So, if I lose hair on this, then EVERYTHING IS A LIE!!!

Yes, according to the standard theory it is impossible for your male pattern baldness to advance on dutasteride+RU+minoxidil.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, according to the standard theory it is impossible for your male pattern baldness to advance on dutasteride+RU+minoxidil.
I hope this is true, AR upregulation is my biggest concern. Lowering DHT or blocking the receptors might result in more receptors and more sensitive follicles...

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope this is true, AR upregulation is my biggest concern. Lowering DHT or blocking the receptors might result in more receptors and more sensitive follicles...

And unfortunately for those individuals with enhanced reflex hyperandrogenicity / AR upregulation, the only other treatment out there is "the regimen that takes balls.... literally" which is absolutely no good for a cis man.

And even if you're one of us who fully embraces "taking a walk on the wild side", the feminizing HRT regimen is not without its fair share of risks and unpleasant and dangerous sides... and still offers no guarantees so it's a big gamble too. I might be one of the fortunate ones though, since August 1st when I said to myself fuckit, I'm jumping on this ride with no turning back, I was at a solid Norwood-6. Six weeks of minoxidil 5% and nizoral 1% plus the last two weeks of spironolactone, finasteride and estradiol and I'm almost at a Norwood-5a now. Regrowth on my crown/vertex these past 2 weeks is coming in faster that I'd expected, and it's definitely terminal hairs not just vellus. Only getting vellus up front so far, but it's way too early to tell if those hairs will ever return or if I waited far too long to do anything about it. If not, then I should have an excellent supply of follicles on the back of my scalp for hair transplant in a year or two. The side effects of HRT are exactly what you'd expect. Libido nuked to hell, nuts that ached at first that are now totally numb, morningwood a thing of the past, no interest in sex whatsoever, I am essentially a chemically neutered eunuch at this point. But if I can regrow my hair and look more feminine, younger and prettier again, it will make me so happy that I'd sing and dance in the middle of Times Square and give you an hour to gather a crowd first... and I can't sing or dance, or even like NYC all that much. :p If the regrowth happens and is satisfying, I will be posting some pics here. Right now I am just not psychologically prepared to do that because my scalp looks so devastatingly bad that having pics out there in the public might push me into a deep blue funk that I really need to stay away from as far as possible. I don't even like looking at myself in a mirror right now.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about cb0301? It's not going systemic.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well castration prevents male pattern baldness so we know its androgens, but its not that simple. Time is a factor also because once male pattern baldness starts or progresses you cant get the hair back its not a reversible process. Also we dont know how ARs adapt or change in response to androgen level changes so once male pattern baldness starts and you lower androgens after that we dont know if that really equals castration since castration is done BEFORE male pattern baldness starts not after.
Also using dutasteride + RU is not perfect. RU isnt near perfect at stopping or blocking ARs from androgens, and dutasteride raises T quite a bit plus raises estrogen among other things. Its hard to say if that equals castration or not. Castration lowers T a lot but dutasteride raises it but most people say T has no role at all in male pattern baldness. I dont know if that is true or not

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well castration prevents male pattern baldness so we know its androgens, but its not that simple. Time is a factor also because once male pattern baldness starts or progresses you cant get the hair back its not a reversible process. Also we dont know how ARs adapt or change in response to androgen level changes so once male pattern baldness starts and you lower androgens after that we dont know if that really equals castration since castration is done BEFORE male pattern baldness starts not after.
Also using dutasteride + RU is not perfect. RU isnt near perfect at stopping or blocking ARs from androgens, and dutasteride raises T quite a bit plus raises estrogen among other things. Its hard to say if that equals castration or not. Castration lowers T a lot but dutasteride raises it but most people say T has no role at all in male pattern baldness. I dont know if that is true or not

yet, we have seen people regrow "lost" hair when starting medications. so, it's just confusing. I personally think that if the follicle hasn't experienced extensive fibrosis, is still producing a hair in general and you're not getting inflammation from the medication, AND the medication IS actually working (not upregulating receptors) then it is possible to turn vellous hair into terminal. I just think we EXPECT all these factors to line up, and they don't always.

For example, dutasteride/finasteride may be working well for someone in reducing DHT, BUT may also increasing scalp inflammation drastically or upregulating ARs...