one more insult and ur getting put on ignore

this is a hairloss forum, not an incel pity forum

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one more insult and ur getting put on ignore

this is a hairloss forum, not an incel pity forum

But it's ok for you to insult others here and use lookism slang......

testosterone is an androgen, androgen causes hairloss, not DHT idiot. if u take steroids and increase your testosterone by 800% you will go bald, in fact how about you do that and we make a thread and laugh at you when u get your desired horseshoe, idiot.

DHTcel said:
Idiot, testosterone is an androgen, how tf would it not cause hair loss. This website has the lowest iq people. Women literally only have 50-70% less DHT then men do, yet when we look at the real world more than 20x-30x more guys go bald for every women that goes bald. Why? Because men have 20-30x more Testosterone. DHT is a useful hormone, I don't even feel my penis anymore now that I use dutasteride. DHT is known to be the hormone for penile sensitivity and brain functioning in men (although I have a high libido because testosterone is the libido hormone). 50mg Spironolactone, a T blocker, gave me 10x more gains by itself then finasteride and dutasteride did at the same time. Go inject 2 grams of Test for an 8 week cycle while using 2.5mg dutasteride (because muh dht is 0) everyday and come back to this website so we can observe your NW5 horseshoe. STOP, testosterone causes hair loss, not DHT.

DHTcel said:
thats coming from the idiot using RU that is known to damage people's organs and give heart/chest pains while not doing jack for hair loss. I'm done with you.

DHTcel said:
you need an IQ test, seriously, literally less than 10% of test is converted to DHT, there is 10-20x more testosterone in your body. Jesus Christ.

DHTcel said:
@hemingway_the_mercenary @Ikarus this juicehead is beyond dumb

You go around calling people dumb and idiotic and accuse them of having low IQ and you want me to treat you with respect? JFL

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
But it's ok for you to insult others here and use lookism slang......

If you don't agree with the little teen, he will lash out like a child. He thinks being a tranny is the only way!

You go around calling people dumb and idiotic and accuse them of having low IQ and you want me to treat you with respect? JFL

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is the most powerful weapon against hair loss that we have. Take a look at this four-year study, which found that after the four years, dutasteride had a 99.4 percent success rate: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/afe0/63496a46dc121440769cc3b843af670ab1c2.pdf.
I myself have been using dutasteride for the last five years. It has completely stopped my hair loss and has given me a good amount of regrowth.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is the most powerful weapon against hair loss that we have. Take a look at this four-year study, which found that after the four years, dutasteride had a 99.4 percent success rate: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/afe0/63496a46dc121440769cc3b843af670ab1c2.pdf.
I myself have been using dutasteride for the last five years. It has completely stopped my hair loss and has given me a good amount of regrowth.

I wouldn’t say dutasteride is the strongest...

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone
Have there been studies done to demonstrate that?
Even if (oral) spironolactone is more effective, its side-effects are too severe for it to be a viable treatment option for most hair loss sufferers.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have there been studies done to demonstrate that?
Even if (oral) spironolactone is more effective, its side-effects are too severe for it to be a viable treatment option for most hair loss sufferers.

Finasteride and dutasteride are the safest when it comes to men who want to limit the amount of side effects. In that case, they are the only viable options.

If someone has aggressive hair loss like me, it’s best to go on stronger anti-androgens.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and dutasteride are the safest when it comes to men who want to limit the amount of side effects. In that case, they are the only viable options.

If someone has aggressive hair loss like me, it’s best to go on stronger anti-androgens.
I'm not entirely convinced that spironolactone outperforms dutasteride as a hair loss treatment. I quoted the large-scale study that found dutasteride to have a 99.4% success rate. I'd be interested to know if there have been any similar studies done on spironolactone as a male pattern baldness treatment.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not entirely convinced that spironolactone outperforms dutasteride as a hair loss treatment. I quoted the large-scale study that found dutasteride to have a 99.4% success rate. I'd be interested to know if there have been any similar studies done on spironolactone as a male pattern baldness treatment.

Spironolactone does outperform dutasteride as a hair loss treatment. There are several men who have jumped on spironolactone because dutatseride isn’t effective enough on it’s own. And, another reason is because it’s used within transgenders as part of their hormonal feminisation.

I do wish there was an actual study on spironolactone being used as a hair loss treatment, however I don’t think it would be desirable since spironolactone has such a high chance of gynecomastia. However, there was a study done on a transgender woman using spironolactone and estradiol which showed significant regrowth.

Although, spironolactone is one treatment it’s not the strongest. There is cyproterone acetate which stops testosterone production, and there’s bicalutamide which overtime overpowers testosterone with its blocking abilities.

DHT doesn’t seem to be the only hormone which leads to hairloss, it seems to be androgens overall which can explain why dutasteride and finasteride lose their effectiveness.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone does outperform dutasteride as a hair loss treatment. There are several men who have jumped on spironolactone because dutatseride isn’t effective enough on it’s own. And, another reason is because it’s used within transgenders as part of their hormonal feminisation.

I do wish there was an actual study on spironolactone being used as a hair loss treatment, however I don’t think it would be desirable since spironolactone has such a high chance of gynecomastia. However, there was a study done on a transgender woman using spironolactone and estradiol which showed significant regrowth.

Although, spironolactone is one treatment it’s not the strongest. There is cyproterone acetate which stops testosterone production, and there’s bicalutamide which overtime overpowers testosterone with its blocking abilities.

DHT doesn’t seem to be the only hormone which leads to hairloss, it seems to be androgens overall which can explain why dutasteride and finasteride lose their effectiveness.

Anybody whos on spironolactone and is not MtF transgender is insane. Dutasteride is like candy compared to this sh*t.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus
"which can explain why dutasteride and finasteride lose their effectiveness"
What do you mean?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Spironolactone is a relatively weak anti-androgen. I think the way it really helps with hair loss is by increasing estradiol and promoting the conversion of T to E as well as blocking the aldosterone receptor which elevates potassium and lowers sodium.

Also, there are no studies that show dutasteride loses effectiveness. Like Michael1986 stated it has a 99% success rate after 4 years. There are anecdotal reports of it losing effectiveness but there is no scientific evidence of dropping below baseline on dutasteride. 5AR inhibitors seem (especially dutasteride) to be enough to shutdown any future loss for Androgenetic Alopecia but don't provide that much regrowth.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is a relatively weak anti-androgen. I think the way it really helps with hair loss is by increasing estradiol and promoting the conversion of T to E as well as blocking the aldosterone receptor which elevates potassium and lowers sodium.

Also, there are no studies that show dutasteride loses effectiveness. Like Michael1986 stated it has a 99% success rate after 4 years. There are anecdotal reports of it losing effectiveness but there is no scientific evidence of dropping below baseline on dutasteride. 5AR inhibitors seem (especially dutasteride) to be enough to shutdown any future loss for Androgenetic Alopecia but don't provide that much regrowth.

Spironolactone definately is a weak anti-androgen, but it’s stronger than dutasteride. CPA and bicalutamide are significantly stronger.

In theory, dutasteride loses its effectiveness overtime as DHT isn’t the only hormone to cause hair loss. I do believe it can maintain and regrow in its early days, but I have doubts when it comes to significant amounts of time.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If DHT isn't the only hormone that causes hair loss, how come males that have 5 alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency have been found to never ever get male-pattern baldness? It has been observed that they never even develop a "mature hairline". Their levels of all hormones other than DHT are normal.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If DHT isn't the only hormone that causes hair loss, how come males that have 5 alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency have been found to never ever get male-pattern baldness? It has been observed that they never even develop a "mature hairline". Their levels of all hormones other than DHT are normal.

The prevailing (bro-science, I don't have any studies off the top of my head to support this) theory is that T alone is not sufficient to provide enough androgenic stimulation to genetically activate secondary sexual characteristics such as body/facial hair growth and Androgenetic Alopecia.

DHT turns on the genetics for Androgenetic Alopecia, once turned on, T can continue the process albeit much more slowly. Similarly, T continues to support facial hair growth on finasteride/dutasteride/

This is why finasteride and dutasteride work imo. The healthy hairs that you have when you start taking it never have the genes turned on to make them sensitive to all androgens without DHT. The hairs that have already been sensitized to androgens may continue to progress at a slower rate with T. So taking it a young age would be crucial.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Feelsbadman.jpg "The hairs that have already been sensitized to androgens may continue to progress at a slower rate with T"
If this was true, why is Dutasteride turning my thinn, damaged, miniturized hair into thick terminal hair?