dutasteride and Memory

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
nohairnodandruff said:
I have a question. Does anyone notice a reduction in memory from taking dutasteride?
Me not.

Shielded

Reaction score
How'd you come up with that one?

If you feel your memory performance has decreased, you can try taking Creatine...I know it's to help build muscle mass, but tests supposedly proved up to a 14% increase in memory performance, as well.

Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules will help you focus to remember stuff, also.

IMO, you're probably just drinking too much. :p

beaner

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you a little story about this.....after taking dutasteride for about a month I........what were we talking about?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dutasteride does reduce type 1 5ar in the brain, so i dont see why short term memory loss or memory problems wouldnt be a possibility.

Shielded

Reaction score
Memory loss is kinda cool though...you can just do crazy sh*t and not remeber it the next day so you don't regret it or anything.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score

i have been experiencing really short term memory loss. For example I got up to wash my face, and after i finished and started leaving my room, i had to ask myself what I had just done less than a minute after i had finsihed! And it will take a few seconds for me to remember. I swear.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Re: .

markelbentley said:
i have been experiencing really short term memory loss. For example I got up to wash my face, and after i finished and started leaving my room, i had to ask myself what I had just done less than a minute after i had finsihed! And it will take a few seconds for me to remember. I swear.

Yeah, there are simple exercises to perform that will enhance your STM.

Memory loss isn't a side effect of dutasteride, and the two are NOT connected in any way.

I would suggest a visit to your physician if you truly believe dutasteride is affecting your memory. Although, I just think it's the placebo effect.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it could be the placebo affect, when noone was expecting it at all. I remember when I got off finasteride, my sex drive and mental clarity were back. I was like "OMG I can think clear now, and remember things" but now on dutasteride its not as bad as finasteride, but I do find myself not remember alot of things and being at a lost for words.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
nohairnodandruff said:
I have a question. Does anyone notice a reduction in memory from taking dutasteride?

I . . . ummmm . .. . . what?

G

You know I was going to respond to this thread, but then I forgot what I was going to say.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is it??

UnReal27

Reaction score
I have been experiecing STM since starting finasteride a couple of yrs ago and it has continued after switching to dutas. Like one of the other posters said, little things like where I leave my keys, cell phone, what I came into a room for. Wierd thing is that its only for tasks that I forget things, anything dealing with numbers, like ph #'s, alphanmerics etc. I have no problems with. So I'll forget where I left my keys but remember the score from the cowboys / philly game. :lol:

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the memory loss is due to people thinking way too much about their hairloss. Don't continuously dwell about your hairloss and well, you'll remember more.