I would advise you to use estradiol, it thickens the hair on your head and prevents hair loss.Why the f*** did this have to happen to me. Why is hair loss not taken seriously?
From what ive read on people with dupa they’re extremely nonresponsive to dht blockers, there’s people on the dupa subreddit who have gone all the way to 2.5mg dutasteride and oral estradiol and still experienced no regrowth. The working theory now is that its either an autoimmune condition or hyperprolactinoma which is high prolactin in the blood due to pituitary tumors.I've got it too. DHT blockers seem to have stabilised it but I never got any regrowth. There's limited knowledge on retrograde / DUPA but it's believed to be a rare form of androgenic alopecia so you can only treat it in the same way that you would treat regular hair loss. When you see Norwood 7s out and about, they will usually have some thinning on the back and sides too.
It's possible that they actually have diffuse alopecia areata and need JAK inhibitors rather than DHT inhibitors. I don't even know if I have DUPA for sure, all I know is that I noticed the lack of density on the sides and back after a super short hair cut and it hasn't changed much ever since, when my hair is grown out, the density looks okay, you can only tell that it's thin when I part the hair.From what ive read on people with dupa they’re extremely nonresponsive to dht blockers, there’s people on the dupa subreddit who have gone all the way to 2.5mg dutasteride and oral estradiol and still experienced no regrowth. The working theory now is that its either an autoimmune condition or hyperprolactinoma which is high prolactin in the blood due to pituitary tumors.
Yup I’ve never seen any successful stories of a male diffuse AA recovery though, most of the studies and papers only record an improvement in female candidates. You should definitely look at your scalp through a dermatoscope see if you find any pigtail hairs, broken hairs (black dots) or yellow spots which are indicative of AA.It's possible that they actually have diffuse alopecia areata and need JAK inhibitors rather than DHT inhibitors. I don't even know if I have DUPA for sure, all I know is that I noticed the lack of density on the sides and back after a super short hair cut and it hasn't changed much ever since, when my hair is grown out, the density looks okay, you can only tell that it's thin when I part the hair.
My hair still looks like how it did in these photos taken back in 2019, I know that people have different hair density so it could just be naturally thin.
