Dug a hold i'm afraid to get out

mm821mm

Reaction score
I noticed my balding in the summer before my freshman your of college began - before my 18 yr old bday. I never noticed my hair line receded sooo much. After gettign a haircut and my sister loudly saying at the barber shop, "omg you're going bald," I went for the hats. So my first semester of college was hats EVERY TIME I went outside. In class, I would take off my hat. Now that I know many people and found ways to hide hairloss in Face Book, I wear hats during class for my second semester of college and everywhere else.

I face the question every now and then, "why do you always wear a hat?" "I've never seen your hair"

I'll answer and attempt to change the subject.

I'm tired of wearing hats in class and everywhere. I'm afraid of being asked the question "what happened to your hair"

I'm not proactive with my hat. I try to reduce public exposure, so that people won't notice that I'm ALWAYS wearing a hat.....i bet they know by now, though....

B

Beingbaldsucks

dudemon said:
If you truly are experiencing male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness), of a genetic or hereditary kind, you should look into the hairloss meds: Finasteride (Propecia or Proscar) and Minoxidil (Rogaine) to try to keep what you got and perhaps get some of it back. You want to get "proactive" with these meds before your hairloss gets worse. The sooner you get on the meds, the better your chances of success will be; the longer you wait, the worse your chances will be.
Only minoxidil, propecia f*** up your tetastorone and turn you into a freak with no penis and tits. I actually used nizoral very soon when i still had long hair and it didn't f*****g helped me. I use minoxi only now when I Norwood 3.5 and I sew some hair growing but it's really slow and thin. And I doubt its really working. My hairloss got way worse in the last month.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
Only minoxidil, propecia f*ck up your tetastorone and turn you into a freak with no penis and tits.

:jackit:
If you dont want to use propecia (like 10'00000's of men worldwide) then my advice is just to accept baldness, minoxidil does f*** all in the LONGTERM.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:
Beingbaldsucks said:
Only minoxidil, propecia f*ck up your tetastorone and turn you into a freak with no penis and tits.

:jackit:
If you dont want to use propecia (like 10'00000's of men worldwide) then my advice is just to accept baldness, minoxidil does f*ck all in the LONGTERM.
Plz explain why and fast

s.a.f

Reaction score
What does minoxidil do to counter DHT (the cause of m.p.b)?

The side effects of propecia are less common than the side effects of paracetamol or birth control pills and yet they are seen as being almost 100% safe.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:

The side effects of propecia are less common than the side effects of paracetamol or birth control pills and yet they are seen as being almost 100% safe.
It still dident answerd my question, what minoxidil do exactly? Honestly I don't know cuz I didn't heard of any side affect but if you can spill some light into my mind il be happy to hear

HairLust

Reaction score
mm821mm said:
I noticed my balding in the summer before my freshman your of college began - before my 18 yr old bday. I never noticed my hair line receded sooo much. After gettign a haircut and my sister loudly saying at the barber shop, "omg you're going bald," I went for the hats. So my first semester of college was hats EVERY TIME I went outside. In class, I would take off my hat. Now that I know many people and found ways to hide hairloss in Face Book, I wear hats during class for my second semester of college and everywhere else.

I face the question every now and then, "why do you always wear a hat?" "I've never seen your hair"

I'll answer and attempt to change the subject.

I'm tired of wearing hats in class and everywhere. I'm afraid of being asked the question "what happened to your hair"

I'm not proactive with my hat. I try to reduce public exposure, so that people won't notice that I'm ALWAYS wearing a hat.....i bet they know by now, though....

I think look into getting a Hair System. There are some good value products out there. If you are in the US, check out Hair Direct and Toplace. I was a hat prisoner before i got my hair system. Yes the maintenance is a skill you gradually learn but I can say that I haven't looked back since getting mine.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
s.a.f said:

It still dident answerd my question, what minoxidil do exactly? Honestly I don't know cuz I didn't heard of any side affect but if you can spill some light into my mind il be happy to hear

Yes it did. minoxidil does nothing to combat the actual cause of M.p.b. That is the point so using it alone without a DHT blocker is pointless in the longterm.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:
Beingbaldsucks said:
[quote="s.a.f":3bk3f4ag]What does minoxidil do to counter DHT (the cause of m.p.b)?

Yes it did. minoxidil does nothing to combat the actual cause of M.p.b. That is the point so using it alone without a DHT blocker is pointless in the longterm.[/quote:3bk3f4ag]
Daaaaaaaaa do you really thought that I don't know it? There is no cure for baldness. Propecia also demend perament using, that off course devastating to the body. Im using minoxi just to maintain as much hair as possible. I'm realistic but I hope I can at least last more with some hair

s.a.f

Reaction score
If its so devastating to the body why are 10'00000's of men worldwide happily using it? Some for well over 15 yrs.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:
If its so devastating to the body why are 10'00000's of men worldwide happily using it? Some for well over 15 yrs.
Sure, commercial crap. Plz not pretend we don't know what is propecia and what does it do

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah 10'000'00's of satisfied customers worldwide MUst ALL be wrong. :whistle:

Most of the guys on this site are on it right now!
I bet you're one of these pu55ies who 's never even tried it for themselves.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
saf - I don't think it's accurate to call someone a p#ssy because they're not in a hurry to mess with their body's natural hormones.

Also, re the paracetamol argument - comparing the safety of this is ridiculous. Show me the forums dedicated purely to paracetamol side effects. Hormones control how our body works and how we feel - messing with them can be a dangerous game.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:
Yeah 10'000'00's of satisfied customers worldwide MUst ALL be wrong. :whistle:

Most of the guys on this site are on it right now!
I bet you're one of these pu55ies who 's never even tried it for themselves.
Your comment sound like an idiotic tv commercial

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f your a complete idiot for saying that. I for one wish i NEVER tried finasteride. I definitly wouldn't have been a pussy for it...

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
s.a.f said:
Sure, commercial crap. Plz not pretend we don't know what is propecia and what does it do

Finasteride has being on the market for almost 20 years. If you care about your hair you'll take the plunge. Look at the studies NOT done by Merck. This like when I was on Prednisolone for a long time, I asked a question about it and people were calling it a "devil drug" and how it "runied their lives" yet I've never had any problems taking it.

At the end of the day, it's your hair, if "beingbaldsucks" then it would be a no brainer to take it.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Rival said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bestselling_drugs

Finasteride was the 158th best selling drug in 2006, and that was only for people taking it for enlarged prostate, and only for brand name proscar. Would be a lot higher on the list if they included people taking it for hair-loss and people taking the generic type as well.

A lot of people do take it just fine. Its just the small minority that can't tolerate it, but noone would know if they are gonna be in that small minority.
Yay the advertaisors came to visit!!!

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because a drug is widely used among older men with prostate issues doesnt make it safe for younger men without those issues. Especially when they will be blocking hormones for such a long time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that as far as Finasteride is concerned, overall theres probably alot more people using the drug for hairloss than for its original purpose of treating prostate enlargement.