Dry eye syndrome

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve posted on here before about my dry eyes from scalp massaging. Unfortunately it was the only thing left I could use to help my hair loss and stabilize. But unfortunately I will have to give up on that as well as it gives me dry eye syndrome after 2-3 nights of 2-5min.

I would do anything for some more information or help if anyone’s experienced dry eyes from scalp massaging, microneedling or anything to do with stimulating the scalp???

Unfortunately CB and RU gave me this as well as LLLT. I’m feeling fairly down as I can’t find any answers.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered the possibility that it might have nothing to do with scalp massages, micro needlin, LLLT, or RU/CB? Have you seen a doctor?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve posted on here before about my dry eyes from scalp massaging. Unfortunately it was the only thing left I could use to help my hair loss and stabilize. But unfortunately I will have to give up on that as well as it gives me dry eye syndrome after 2-3 nights of 2-5min.

I would do anything for some more information or help if anyone’s experienced dry eyes from scalp massaging, microneedling or anything to do with stimulating the scalp???

Unfortunately CB and RU gave me this as well as LLLT. I’m feeling fairly down as I can’t find any answers.
You might have Sjogren's syndrome. Have you been tested for it? Or you have some type of autoimmune problem. Or you just always have dry eyes and sometimes your eyes are not as dry in certain circumstances.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sleeping properly? As someone who suffers routinely from dry eye, this is the number one thing that sets it off.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered the possibility that it might have nothing to do with scalp massages, micro needlin, LLLT, or RU/CB? Have you seen a doctor?
Unfortunately I wish it didn’t. RU started it all, then after that CB would cause it. Then after a while it was being caused by microneedling so gave that up then LLLT. Thought massaging could never cause it but after 3-6 months and daily massaging my hair was getting better! The moment my hair and scalp became healthier my eyes flared up again. It’s 100% to do with scalp stimulation. I understand that the eye lids have androgen receptors and some how this is getting affected which brings on the dry eyes.

I’ve seen doctors, optometrist and opthamologist. Next booking is a endocrinologist and next year a dermatologist

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might have Sjogren's syndrome. Have you been tested for it? Or you have some type of autoimmune problem. Or you just always have dry eyes and sometimes your eyes are not as dry in certain circumstances.
I’ve been tested I’m totally fine. Unfortunately I must just have a strong hormonal response to changes in my scalp! My eyes go back to normal once I stop the massaging and then my hair loss flairs up again. I would do anything to change this as it’s just not fair doing something so simple to my self is causing this massive issue.

At this stage it’s server dry eyes or total baldness.

I know they have androgen eye drops would be interesting to experiment with those while I have a flair up but the opthamologist didn’t sound too keen!

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sleeping properly? As someone who suffers routinely from dry eye, this is the number one thing that sets it off.
How are your eyes at the moment? It’s a horrible thing isn’t it!! Sleeping like a baby. And one thing I’ve noticed is a horrible nights sleep feels 1000x better than 10hours of sleep but having dry eyes.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’ve been tested I’m totally fine. Unfortunately I must just have a strong hormonal response to changes in my scalp! My eyes go back to normal once I stop the massaging and then my hair loss flairs up again. I would do anything to change this as it’s just not fair doing something so simple to my self is causing this massive issue.

At this stage it’s server dry eyes or total baldness.

I know they have androgen eye drops would be interesting to experiment with those while I have a flair up but the opthamologist didn’t sound too keen!
Try using amniotic membrane for your situation.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using amniotic membrane for your situation.
Thanks for the suggestion. Interesting concept I’ve never heard of that till now! Will look into it for sure. Maybe it could reset my receptors to not get over sensitive to changes in my scalp

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply. I have been taking omega 3 for a while now with no difference. But will continue its use

Nice to hear it’s helped! I did use the Lutein and Zeaxanthin combo but discontinued. Will jump back on board with that Astax and see what It can do during a flare up!

I get horrible dark rings and saggy skin as soon as the dry eyes kick in. Would you know if anything else would help counteract the over sensitivity that my eyes encounter when my hair/scalp hormonal changes take place?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can finasteride cause Sjögren’s syndrome? I have very dry eyes and never thought it could be linked to finasteride

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Finasteride does seem to be linked to dry eyes though for some reason there are some studies on this. If it’s related, I still choose hair
You can manage dry eyes with artificial tears.

Last edited:

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can finasteride cause Sjögren’s syndrome? I have very dry eyes and never thought it could be linked to finasteride
Yeah anti androgens can cause dry eyes. The eye lids have androgen receptors and the change in hormones really affects the production of tears

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah anti androgens can cause dry eyes. The eye lids have androgen receptors and the change in hormones really affects the production of tears
More finasteride for me. I can't have my wife see me cry or she'll bang the neighbor again.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might be the most ridiculous thread on this entire sh*t. Massaging your head does not make your eyes dry. It doesn’t even make sense at all. You’re taking 2 completely separate things and convincing yourself there is a link because you want one to be there. If someone wants to see a pattern in anything they will see it. Correlation of timing between two events doesn’t mean or support a conclusion of causation under any circumstance...

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might be the most ridiculous thread on this entire sh*t. Massaging your head does not make your eyes dry. It doesn’t even make sense at all. You’re taking 2 completely separate things and convincing yourself there is a link because you want one to be there. If someone wants to see a pattern in anything they will see it. Correlation of timing between two events doesn’t mean or support a conclusion of causation under any circumstance...
That’s bullshit that you can say that. Why don’t you look back at everyone of my older previous posts. One of the first side effects with RU/CB I had was sore/dry eyes. Then other things since then has caused it as well. The moment I stop doing anything my eyes are fine. Why can’t you try help think of a reason behind it instead of saying those words.

I have to be the most unlucky person around. I can’t even do intense scalp massage (which did start improving my hair loss) because of horrible unwanted side effect. It’s due to in my opinion the changing of hormonal balance in the scalp.

Now there is literally nothing I can do that help me with out this happening. Unfortunately I’m super sensitive to anything involving changes in my DHT so maybe before you talk these words have a look back and maybe just try chip in with something constructive because we all react differently to things and I’ve been stiched up!