Dry eye syndrome from head massage causing horrible issues!

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I’m asking if anyone out there has experienced dry eye issues from any of your routines? I’ve been diagnosed with dry eye syndrome and this is from doing my head massages and that’s it!

I’m so frustrated that this has happened as it is a debilitating issue!

Would do anything to get to the bottom of the cause of this as the massages has cleaned up my scalp and brought new hairs and a healthy look to my head!

I’ve posted on here about my eyes before and how they started reacting to many other stronger hair loss supplements and mechanical tools (micro needle, lllt)

Someone please give me some help!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Guys I’m asking if anyone out there has experienced dry eye issues from any of your routines? I’ve been diagnosed with dry eye syndrome and this is from doing my head massages and that’s it!

I’m so frustrated that this has happened as it is a debilitating issue!

Would do anything to get to the bottom of the cause of this as the massages has cleaned up my scalp and brought new hairs and a healthy look to my head!

I’ve posted on here about my eyes before and how they started reacting to many other stronger hair loss supplements and mechanical tools (micro needle, lllt)

Someone please give me some help!
I seriously don't buy that. How old are you? And do you have oily or dry skin?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously don't buy that. How old are you? And do you have oily or dry skin?
I wish it wasn’t real mate. I’m 30, don’t have oily or dry skin. First noticed eye irritation with ru. Stopped ru straight away then cb caused issues. Dropped them both then my herbal anti androgens caused it. Started playing around with microneedling with no issues at all then out of nowhere....dry eyes again. Stopped that now and I can’t even use Nizoral! Lllt started causing my Dry eyes! So cold turkey on all those things and started head massages since September last year. No results till a few months ago then guess what’s happens dry eyes returned! It’s horrible and honestly making me angry!

Sorry for the long reply but what do you think the cause could be? Is it super sensitivity in my androgen receptors? Or an inflammation once dht is less present in my scalp?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I wish it wasn’t real mate. I’m 30, don’t have oily or dry skin. First noticed eye irritation with ru. Stopped ru straight away then cb caused issues. Dropped them both then my herbal anti androgens caused it. Started playing around with microneedling with no issues at all then out of nowhere....dry eyes again. Stopped that now and I can’t even use Nizoral! Lllt started causing my Dry eyes! So cold turkey on all those things and started head massages since September last year. No results till a few months ago then guess what’s happens dry eyes returned! It’s horrible and honestly making me angry!

Sorry for the long reply but what do you think the cause could be? Is it super sensitivity in my androgen receptors? Or an inflammation once dht is less present in my scalp?
Have you been tested for Sjogren's syndrome? Dry eyes are autoimmune as the main cause. So either you are getting stuff in your eyes or you have an underlying autoimmune problem. Make sure if you rub your eyes you don't use your hands. Use a clean tissue. Doing massages on your scalp will not trigger dry eye. Unless you do the massages and somehow end up rubbing your eyes. Just make sure you don't rub your eyes unless you use a tissue. You don't wear contact lenses right?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been tested for Sjogren's syndrome? Dry eyes are autoimmune as the main cause. So either you are getting stuff in your eyes or you have an underlying autoimmune problem. Make sure if you rub your eyes you don't use your hands. Use a clean tissue. Doing massages on your scalp will not trigger dry eye. Unless you do the massages and somehow end up rubbing your eyes. Just make sure you don't rub your eyes unless you use a tissue. You don't wear contact lenses right?
I haven’t been tested but I’m fit healthy with no other symptoms of Sjögren’s syndrome. Doctor house when the dry eye kicks in (and mind you the skin around my eyes become elastic with dark circles and an instant almost ageing process)
I’ll stop doing the massages it gets worse and worse for a week then completely resolves and my eyes are fine. Now unfortunately this is when my scalp becomes itchy and inflamed like that feeling of your follicles getting attacked.
So back to the massages only 5min a night then by day 3-4 the eyes return and they became dry again. I’m telling you on my life that this is the cause! I’m highly sensitive to something occurring in my scalp.

Doctorhouse would there be anything that would trigger this?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I haven’t been tested but I’m fit healthy with no other symptoms of Sjögren’s syndrome. Doctor house when the dry eye kicks in (and mind you the skin around my eyes become elastic with dark circles and an instant almost ageing process)
I’ll stop doing the massages it gets worse and worse for a week then completely resolves and my eyes are fine. Now unfortunately this is when my scalp becomes itchy and inflamed like that feeling of your follicles getting attacked.
So back to the massages only 5min a night then by day 3-4 the eyes return and they became dry again. I’m telling you on my life that this is the cause! I’m highly sensitive to something occurring in my scalp.

Doctorhouse would there be anything that would trigger this?
If you believe that is the cause there is nothing more I can say. Do you take any OTC meds? On any medications?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is you’re causing an immune or allergic reaction of some sort. Try an antihistamine after your scalp massage for a few days and if your symptoms get better that’s the culprit

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is you’re causing an immune or allergic reaction of some sort. Try an antihistamine after your scalp massage for a few days and if your symptoms get better that’s the culprit
The only problem with taking an antihistamine is they actually dry out the eye as a side effect but maybe you just need to use a good OTC artificial tear like Refresh Relieva if you take an antihistimamine.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you believe that is the cause there is nothing more I can say. Do you take any OTC meds? On any medications?
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it unfortunately for my self it’s 100% being caused by that and any other hair loss routines I’ve used. No OTC meds and not on any medications.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Selb, I’ll give that a go! There’s a reaction for sure, anything that makes my scalp happy and healthy is causing my dry eyes. From memory over spring time I was using hay fever tablets and the problem still occurred! I’ll try again now tho
Thanks Selb, I’ll give the antihistamine a go and see what happens. From memory I was on antihistamines over spring with no relief but I’ll try again!

I feel like maybe my androgen receptors have been triggered to be over sensitive once I finished up using RU 3 or so years ago. Now every time I do something that makes my scalp feel healthy and happy this triggers the same problems in my eyes...