drink minoxidil vs minoxidil tablet

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello, i would like to know if drinking minoxidil vs minoxidil tablet provides the same benefits?

thank you so much

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't. Maybe more of it gets wasted in digestion when it is in liquid form versus a tablet which has filler and is designed for oral use, but I don't see it being a significant difference.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't. Maybe more of it gets wasted in digestion when it is in liquid form versus a tablet which has filler and is designed for oral use, but I don't see it being a significant difference.
so you think that liquid oral minoxidil could work like oral minoxidil ? almost the same efficacity you meant ?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one question if it's possible for you to answer. Can you drink minoxidil foam too? I mean it becomes liquid anyway after a few seconds...

I tried to search up online but thres little information and some people argue that the minoxidil would be "destroyed" during digestion..

The tablets take way too long to arrieve and need to cope until then with smth
Yeah because you're still getting 50mg for every mL (I believe it's one cap-full with foam). So you probably just need a tenth of a cap-full, which is probably just covering the very bottom of the cap. There is not particularly much information on its metabolism, but just like anything else, surely some of it isn't getting used. However, the amount that is used becomes very potent, which is why you only need a few mg orally, but you need tons of it topically for any effect. There is a lot more sulfation that occurs orally, which converts minoxidil into its active metabolite minoxidil sulfate. So mg per mg it's much more potent when ingested. There is a lot of minoxidil that is "wasted" topically because of such low conversion rates. It is amazing when you consider how much minoxidil some people pour on their heads, versus how much is necessary for antiandrogens, some at 0.01% concentrations. Now, generally liquid substances digest faster than dry ones, and perhaps the increased speed reduces the amount that is absorbed compared to a solid tablet. But even if liquid/foam is less potent than the tablets due to absorption, I suspect it's not by much. For example, diphenhydramine, a common antihistamine that causes drowsiness, is available in both liquid and tablet forms in over-the-counter medications, but the dosages are not different. So go ahead and turn that minoxidil cap into a shot glass!

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah because you're still getting 50mg for every mL (I believe it's one cap-full with foam). So you probably just need a tenth of a cap-full, which is probably just covering the very bottom of the cap. There is not particularly much information on its metabolism, but just like anything else, surely some of it isn't getting used. However, the amount that is used becomes very potent, which is why you only need a few mg orally, but you need tons of it topically for any effect. There is a lot more sulfation that occurs orally, which converts minoxidil into its active metabolite minoxidil sulfate. So mg per mg it's much more potent when ingested. There is a lot of minoxidil that is "wasted" topically because of such low conversion rates. It is amazing when you consider how much minoxidil some people pour on their heads, versus how much is necessary for antiandrogens, some at 0.01% concentrations. Now, generally liquid substances digest faster than dry ones, and perhaps the increased speed reduces the amount that is absorbed compared to a solid tablet. But even if liquid/foam is less potent than the tablets due to absorption, I suspect it's not by much. For example, diphenhydramine, a common antihistamine that causes drowsiness, is available in both liquid and tablet forms in over-the-counter medications, but the dosages are not different. So go ahead and turn that minoxidil cap into a shot glass!
What is the difference in effectiveness between oral minoxidil to swallow and liquid minoxidil that you drink?

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personne ne le sait avec certitude, mais je n'ai aucune raison de croire que c'est sensiblement différent.
only some % of difference so ? but are you sure that oral liquid minoxidil is very better than topic minoxidil ?
And it is sure to drink oral liquid minoxidil ?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
only some % of difference so ? but are you sure that oral liquid minoxidil is very better than topic minoxidil ?
And it is sure to drink oral liquid minoxidil ?
Definitely more effective. I cannot say it is safe though. Do it at your own risk. I can only speak for my own experience and say that sides for me are minimal.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely more effective. I cannot say it is safe though. Do it at your own risk. I can only speak for my own experience and say that sides for me are minimal.
you drink which quantity ? and why you don't take tablet minoxidil ?