Dreamt that I had hair again, again.

IBM

Reaction score
ghg said:
Your story just goes to show that hiding your balding is only gonna bring you misery and grief. Just be open about it and take the possible jokes like a man. It will be harder and harder to stop hiding it the longer you do so. If no one sees your hair for a good year or so, they already know that you're hiding something (most likely balding).

Why do you give a sh*t?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG wrote: I know what bdd is 'cause I have a mild version of it myself... If it's not balding related, then my nose is too big (potato nose), I'm too skinny (not wearing multiple layers of clothes to cover it though), my head is too big and weirdly shaped or something. One problem is that I have no idea how people see me, I never get any comments, good or bad. Never.

GHG, I am very proud of you that you can admit this openly. You are making progress. Good job. :bravo:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG wrote: I know what bdd is 'cause I have a mild version of it myself... If it's not balding related, then my nose is too big (potato nose), I'm too skinny (not wearing multiple layers of clothes to cover it though), my head is too big and weirdly shaped or something. One problem is that I have no idea how people see me, I never get any comments, good or bad. Never.

GHG, I am very proud of you that you can admit this openly. You are making progress. Good job. :bravo:

What? I have admitted that I have bdd right from the beginning.

IBM said:
ghg said:
Your story just goes to show that hiding your balding is only gonna bring you misery and grief. Just be open about it and take the possible jokes like a man. It will be harder and harder to stop hiding it the longer you do so. If no one sees your hair for a good year or so, they already know that you're hiding something (most likely balding).

Why do you give a s***?

So now you try to act tough? This is a discussion forum and I wrote what I felt. Do you have a problem with that?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I know what bdd is 'cause I have a mild version of it myself... If it's not balding related, then my nose is too big (potato nose), I'm too skinny (not wearing multiple layers of clothes to cover it though), my head is too big and weirdly shaped or something. One problem is that I have no idea how people see me, I never get any comments, good or bad. Never.
:

I'm sure I have a case of it too but in my case, I have had comments throughout my life. I have shaved my head even when I had hair. Do you know how many people told me I show grow it back because it doesn't work for me? I live with fear, tons of it. I admit it. But this is a case where others pointed it out. Many different times.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, I don't remember you giving good examples of your BDD until your last comment about it. Anyway, I am complementing you for a change. :mrgreen: Good job. :bravo:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, I don't remember you giving good examples of your BDD until your last comment about it. Anyway, I am complementing you for a change. :mrgreen: Good job. :bravo:

I have written about it many times... but ok.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Lately I've been bald in my dreams just as I am when I am awake. I never see myself in a mirror, I just know it. This could be an indication of acceptance which is a very encouraging sign for me. Plus I don't have to deal with the initial shock after I wake up. :sleep: :)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really believe in the stuff that's happening in your dreams? I always know that it's only a dream already when I'm seeing one.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well sometimes I don't realize I'm in a dream and sometimes I do. I guess it all depends on the clarity of the dream and the ability to suspend disbelief.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Lately I have been trying to condition myself to be bald in my dreams, to show myself as I really am to my own subconcious mind. All the dreams I have where I have a full head of hair is probably just my own hopes and expectations manifesting themselves. I have been pretty successful in my last couple of dreams, but last night my dream took a strange turn. I was still bald, but everywhere I went I didn't have any pants on, just underwear and sometimes not even that. I would roam through different situations like this feeling very self-concious and exposed, the whole time looking for a pair of pants or anything to cover me up. At one point I wandered into the middle of a little league baseball game and this fat lady was pointing at me and making jokes. I went over to her and argued with her briefly before moving on. In another part of my dream I was being chased by vicious dogs, which is even scarier when your nuts are exposed. Toward the end of the dream I finally found a pair of pants and quickly put them on. I think the reason for the missing pants is my subconcious mind is forcing me to confront embarrassing situations and since I am working towards accepting my baldness and not being embarrassed by it, my mind found another way to present a similar situation. It is true that being bald is like walking around without a vital piece of clothing. Sometimes guys walk around without a shirt on, but never without pants. Everyone just assumes that you are supposed to have pants on, just as similarly everyone expects you to have a full head of hair. I think having a full head of hair is like having a security blanket which is why many bald men feel naked.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Weird dream man.

I don't know about everyone else but the reason I feel naked with no hair is because honestly, I don't look like everyone else my age. Yes you might find a few here and there but most young guys aren't completely bald. And most of the ones I see are black guys (who look great bald). But white guys in their 20's and 30's fully bald are not common (though you do see some). So I feel like everyone else is wearing clothes and I am not.

In my dreams, I don't know if i am bald or not. Then again, I can't control my dreams either. I do know I have some dreams about hair where I get it back somehow or it's not a Norwood anymore. I wake up and feel sad.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well, that is basically the reason I started this thread HP, thanx.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Well, that is basically the reason I started this thread HP, thanx.

Nah I hear you. Your subconscious mind is a b**ch when it comes to this. One can pretend things all they want but their subconscious mind can't be fooled. That is usually how one really feels or things they worry about.

Me? I have trouble sleeping. I haven't had a good night's sleep in about 9 years to be honest. Even with sleeping meds, I don't sleep. I have this burden on my mind all the time. I wish it could be lifted. Would be a sweet relief off my shoulder. Do you have the dream where you get wishes from a magic genie? I get that one sometimes and guess what my number one wish is always? lol

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had that anxiety over losing my hair that caused sleeping problems too. But that lasted only about a month after I realized that I'm losing it... after that I've slept normally.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't get them often, but I had another hair dream last night. This time my hair was like a whispy died blond, about 2 and a half inches on top. I stole a truck to get across town to go to some cool kids party. When I pulled up, the first thing I saw was a hot chick smokin a cigarette on the roof. I go inside to find most of the people at this party are hot chicks. So I try and mingle, talking to different girls but they don't seem to want to have anything to due with me. After being shunned repeatedly, I decide to take off. On my way out this asian guy starts harassing me. This guy was coming at me with every name in the book, real aggressive but I kept my cool and just gave him some smart remark,"Hey, common courtesy, it's not just for old ladies anymore- look into it." Before I walk out the door I tell this group of fat people who were just hangin out about the guy I ran into a second ago and this one chick says,"Oh, that's my boyfriend." So I told her that I think something is wrong with him,"He's got some sort of mental disorder, probably Terets. Get him some help." Then I leave. As I was walking down the street, I felt really light and happy, wondering why I wasn't so upset by the whole experience. I realized that it was the fact that I had a full head of hair again that gave me confidence and a feeling of security.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I've had so many dreams, to tell the truth, about balding and hair. Sometimes I just shed it all away and sometimes I have perfect long hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Other peoples hair nightmares are my constant reality.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
M.. now when i think about it, i m always have either a full head of hair, or comletely bald in my dreams.. strange...but ill admit, i love waking up to my "nice" shaved nw4 after being completly bald, but more - i hate to wake up from having a full head of hair ...lifesabich.. (my last dream was about one ex which i love to this very day, bbuuttt i was full head of hair and met her in a party, and she came on to me, felt great, reminded me my teenage years... so was it a good dream?! i m still trying to feagure out myself lol), one dream i kept having (and its a "real" dream too) im standing at the shower after coming back from the beach, looking at the mirror and i see my brown long hair gets this nice blondish color from being exposed to the sun for hours... i think this is why i miss my hair so much, i dont care about what/ how society sees me, its more a symbol of youth thats gone before its time i think....

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I always have nightmares that I am bald, what I would look like if I hadn't taken route I took. I've never seen myself past a NW2 b/c of all the surgeries, so I can't put myself in your shoes man, but I feel your pain.