Dread Shed After 4.5 Months On Minoxidil, Is It Regrowth Or Just Dht?

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't have an initial minoxidil shed, but the shed hairs number was decreasing gradually until the 3 months mark then it went under 50 hairs per day, no hairs on the pillow when I wake up just a few in my brush after detangling and a few during showers. I was taking iron, MSM and multivitamin supplement + keto shampoo 3x per week, but 10 days ago I had a problem at home, I didn't eat for 2 days with a reduced caloric intake for the next 3 days, stopped my iron pills and MSM but adhered to minoxidil and I basically started seeing the shed on the 2nd day of no eating.

Now also for the past 2 weeks I have been out in hot weather and I sweat a lot, so I think this is decreasing minoxidils effectiveness especially the morning dose.

I know I should include a DHT blocker but my doctor said that I shouldn't take anything orally as my hormones levels are normal, so I was thinking about getting dutasteride capsules and dermarolling before applying it, and do this every 10 days maybe because it has a long half life time, I also don't want to overuse it and get it in my bloodstream, I tried topical spironolactone but it just doesn't smell nice so I stopped using it.

Any advice?