Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have light skin and very dark hair your going to have high contrast which will show the diffrnece between tha hair transplant area and the native hairs .
I heard that in order to get good result you need to have low contrast between the skin and the hair. Thats why there alot of ppl that try to hide the thining by dye the hair blonde
I'm not talking about contrast. I'm talking about the thickness of the hair strands. Blonde hair is very thin so it requires more hair strands to get the same amount of coverage. If you have dark hair you can bleach it if you want less contrast, but beyond a certain point in coverage the amount of contrast doesn't matter because there isn't any contrast. For optimal results you will get enough coverage that contrast isn't an issue. For a low density transplant blonde hair and light skin is good better than dark hair and light skin, but neither will look good. You can see below that black hair is twice as thick in diameter as blonde hair, so contrast aside they need 20k grafts to do what can be done with 10k grafts of black hair. Curly hair helps too. If it wasn't for the appearance scarring on black skin, black people would have perfect hair transplants.

Hair Color

Number of Follicles

Average Hair Shaft Diameter

Blonde

17-51 µ

Black

64 – 100 µ

Brown

38 – 50 µ

Red

38 – 50 µ

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about contrast. I'm talking about the thickness of the hair strands. Blonde hair is very thin so it requires more hair strands to get the same amount of coverage. If you have dark hair you can bleach it if you want less contrast, but beyond a certain point in coverage the amount of contrast doesn't matter because there isn't any contrast. For optimal results you will get enough coverage that contrast isn't an issue. For a low density transplant blonde hair and light skin is good better than dark hair and light skin, but neither will look good. You can see below that black hair is twice as thick in diameter as blonde hair, so contrast aside they need 20k grafts to do what can be done with 10k grafts of black hair. Curly hair helps too. If it wasn't for the appearance scarring on black skin, black people would have perfect hair transplants.

Hair Color

Number of Follicles

Blonde

17-51 µ

Black

64 – 100 µ

Brown

38 – 50 µ

Red

38 – 50 µ
Black ppl suffer form hair transplant the most cuz its hardest to extract hair from the donor zone without damging the folicels.

their folicels are not stright inside the scalp so by creating a wholes its somtimes damge the folicels.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Black ppl suffer form hair transplant the most cuz its hardest to extract hair from the donor zone without damging the folicels.

their folicels are not stright inside the scalp so by creating a wholes its somtimes damge the folicels.
I wasn't aware of that. That's another negative for them then. The outside characteristics of their hair are perfect for getting good coverage, and with the dark skin there's zero contrast. From what I've seen Asians have excellent transplant results.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible that other doctors could quickly pick up this sort of vacuum-assisted technique of FUE? I am about to contact a doctor in the U.S. who seems to be very open to learning new techniques quickly to see what he thinks about Zarev.
No lol.. this isn’t some simple thing that he’s going to casually issue a “how to” manual on. He’s said on Instagram that it’s going to require serious training.
@Omega2327 Respectfully, after seeing your photos, I have to ask why you are having a surgery done with Zarev. You're like a Norwood 2 at most. Is it really necessary to have a transplant done by a doctor who is really specializing in operating on the highest Norwood cases to restore them to a decent look of head hair?
Because donor management and planning for future loss is critical. If my final pattern is projected to be a NW6 then I want to go with the doctor that I believe will give me the best result long-term, period.

The main difference is that he goes outside the safe zone, and that his patients are mostly Bulgarian with dark thick and dense hair in their donor. You're blonde, right? You're not getting those kind of results from Zarev or anyone else
Not to mention his skill and in-depth planning and quantitative analysis :) I did see several impressive cases where the donor was not super thick nor dense. He can’t work miracles of course but I have yet to see another doctor publish results that are on his level. I do also think there’s something to be said for his AVA method. Produces minimal trauma, patients have very little bleeding after the extraction and don’t even have to wear a bandage. Makes for a super clean job and minimal scarring.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Zarev is a good doctor too, but you sound like a bit of a fanboy. If I didn't know any better I would think you worked for him. As it is I think you've just bought into his marketing too much. If you spent as much time researching one of the other top surgeons you'd probably come away equally impressed. Anyways I think you can't go wrong choosing Zarev, and I look forward to seeing your results.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Zarev is a good doctor too, but you sound like a bit of a fanboy. If I didn't know any better I would think you worked for him. As it is I think you've just bought into his marketing too much. If you spent as much time researching one of the other top surgeons you'd probably come away equally impressed. Anyways I think you can't go wrong choosing Zarev, and I look forward to seeing your results.
Haha I sure am a fanboy and I would hope anyone would feel that way about the doctor they choose to go with, especially if they’re allowing themselves to pick anyone in the world! I’ve patiently waited over 5 years to book a transplant until I was 100% sure it was the right decision. I stand by my statements and I do think he’s the best, especially with large sessions. I will admit, I’ve seen more slightly more flattering hairlines specifically from Rahal but overall for my situation, Zarev is a no brainer for me. To say that I work for him is laughable lololll.. the dude gets so many emails and requests he can’t keep up at all. He doesn’t need little minions to go convince random people on one forum that he’s a good dude. I honestly think he could raise his prices without batting an eyelash, given the demand. I enjoy sharing my experience because I’m hyped myself.

Anyway I appreciate your comments and hope that your situation turns out good as well.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be clear I'm not accusing you of working for him. You are just very positive about him.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not how it works. Transplant docs prefer light skin and dark hair. Light skin minimizes appearance of scars while dark hair has thicker hair shafts and provides better coverage. Blondes have 50% more hair shafts than brunettes because it takes that much more to get good coverage with blonde hair
Yes but the less the skin to hair contrast the better the visual outcome more easily. Dr. Nudson and Vikram (forget how to spell his last name) on YouTube made a video on this.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have light skin and very dark hair your going to have high contrast which will show the diffrnece between tha hair transplant area and the native hairs .
I heard that in order to get good result you need to have low contrast between the skin and the hair. Thats why there alot of ppl that try to hide the thining by dye the hair blonde
This is exactly what I was saying, yes.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still just a little ignorant about what he’s doing that is so revolutionary here that would require such specialized training. Smaller size extractions, vacuum assisted device, using all of potential donor area. Any good doctor could learn that if he or she wanted to.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but the less the skin to hair contrast the better the visual outcome more easily. Dr. Nudson and Vikram (forget how to spell his last name) on YouTube made a video on this.
I'm aware that some transplant doctors say that, and indeed the contrast does make a difference if the coverage is poor. My point is that if the coverage is good then contrast doesn't matter, and it's easier to get good coverage with dark or red hair than blonde hair. If the coverage isn't good then it's going to look terrible regardless. There's a reason every surgeon on youtube only shows off the results of dark haired patients, because dark hair is the only way you're getting a spectacular result. This doctor mentions the contrast as the reason why blondes can sometimes get results as good as those with dark hair, and this is true. However, your best case results will always be with dark hair.

I'm not saying you can't get decent results for your hair with Zarev, just don't expect it to look like the patients he shows off. Tons of blonde men get hair transplants, but nobody shows off those results.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair Color

Number of Follicles

Blonde

17-51 µ

Black

64 – 100 µ

Brown

38 – 50 µ

Red

38 – 50 µ
Can you send two photos, one of men with brown hair the other of blonde hair?

You keep referring to “blonde hair” like the video above but to me that just looks like very thin brown hair. True blonde hair is like hannah montana blonde, no? I only ask because the number of follicles is vastly different therefore the required amount for “coverage” vastly changes. Ive uploaded a pic of a clear blonde and a brown, wouldn’t u say the dudes hair in the video above more closely resembles the brown haired girl?

Attachments

• 81393F02-A9D9-4401-AAB1-7CE6124A8749.png
    81393F02-A9D9-4401-AAB1-7CE6124A8749.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 149

whatintheworld

Reaction score
@pegasus2 That is an excellent result for a blonde hair patient you posted. I think Hasson and Wong had several larger FUE and FUT cases with lighter hair color patients on their website or on the other forum.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most results I've seen from people with naturally blonde hair do not really achieve the quality that I would personally find acceptable from getting work done on myself. You can generally see right through the hair at a reasonably close distance and like @pegasus2 said, the density requirements are much higher then someone with naturally dark hair.

You can however get great results from having dark hair and bleaching your hair afterwards. Machine Gun Kelly is the textbook case of this. His hair has the thicker density of naturally darker hair but when he bleaches it the result is much better because the contrast is great. I have a feeling if his hair was darker now he wouldn't be able to pull off these types of hairstyles because the density vs contrast would be more apparent.

The issue isn't the color of the hair itself, it's the natural characteristics of each hair type.

1619798337774.png

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 That is an excellent result for a blonde hair patient you posted. I think Hasson and Wong had several larger FUE and FUT cases with lighter hair color patients on their website or on the other forum.

It's totally see through, and that's what's considered a good result. I's not something I'd be happy with at all. Frankly I'd rather just shave it. Having dark hair and bleaching it is the best way to give the illusion of full coverage.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most results I've seen from people with naturally blonde hair do not really achieve the quality that I would personally find acceptable from getting work done on myself. You can generally see right through the hair at a reasonably close distance and like @pegasus2 said, the density requirements are much higher then someone with naturally dark hair.

You can however get great results from having dark hair and bleaching your hair afterwards. Machine Gun Kelly is the textbook case of this. His hair has the thicker density of naturally darker hair but when he bleaches it the result is much better because the contrast is great. I have a feeling if his hair was darker now he wouldn't be able to pull off these types of hairstyles because the density vs contrast would be more apparent.

The issue isn't the color of the hair itself, it's the natural characteristics of each hair type.

View attachment 161342
Yeah but he is a musician and actor.

I can't have an IT job and bleach my hair, people will think I'm stupid.

What do you suggest for me then?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's totally see through, and that's what's considered a good result. I's not something I'd be happy with at all. Frankly I'd rather just shave it. Having dark hair and bleaching it is the best way to give the illusion of full coverage.
Is there a more natural way to dye transplanted hair without making it so obvious? Machine Gun Kelly's bleach job is terrible.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be the point of sending photos comparing two individuals? I could send you a picture of a redhead with a full head of hair and a blonde who's bald, does that prove redheads have thicker hair than blondes? All it would show is that individual A has more hair than individual B, so completely pointless just like the pic you just posted. I would say the dude's hair more closely resembles the girl on the left, but what difference does it make either way? You're pulling at straws here. Sorry if you feel insulted as a blonde. This is nothing against blondes, it's just the way it is. Blonde hair looks good with a full head of hair because they have more density to make up for the lack of thickness. I don't know anything about Hannah Montana, but most blondes in America are brunettes with bleached hair. Anyways, brown hair is thinner than black hair too.
The point is to distingush between blonde and brown hair. I am not questioning your statistics, I just find it strange how that guy got labeled as “blonde” where it isnt true blonde. More closey brown. Ive seen blonde hair men and it doesnt look like my hair color. I’m not insulted, just confused whats brown or blonde and by the sound of it light brown is blonde to you.

@trialAcc labeled MGK as having “dark hair” his natural color is clearly dirty blonde/brown. Not true blonde like the bleached version. If the difference was so close that it didn’t matter, he wouldn’t label him as having “dark hair”. Of course his usage of “dark” is relative to blonde hair but the difference does matter as from your statistics thats a whole 40,000 hairs of average density to account for thickness.

Last edited:

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any advice for regularly bleaching hair. I could definitely benefit from this but dying it myself is super annoying.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score