Dr Tsuji And Hairloss Treatment Questions

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of posts about Dr. tsuji and people saying that he is the person to watch. I am still really at a lost on what’s going on and what his doing so I’m hoping if I can ask some questions someone could answer them

1. Is what Dr. tsuji working on a treatment for preventing hairloss or is it for people who have already lost hair, too?

2. Is the treatment a medicine or a “surgery”/ as in will it likely have side effects?

3. Have there been any tests done on humans yet?

4. If no, when are the tests going to start?

5. Do you think this is something we’ve all been waiting for, a saviour? Is it any more promising then other big things that have happened but failed?

6. Will this treatment likely give the patient a full, normal density head of hair? And is this treatment suitable for all hairloss types?

Thanks!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
tenor.gif

drast

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Tsuji is working on cloning hair - essentially creating an unlimited donor-stash of hairs which can be used for hair transplants. It will work for both bald and balding people but it won't stop baldness as it's just new hairs.

2. The treatment is a surgery similar to a normal hair transplant - i expect that the side-effects would be the same.

3. No human tests yet.

4. I believe human tests are supposed to start later this year or next year.

5. This is probably the holy grail in hair loss since it will work for everyone as long as they still got a bit of hair left on their head. The biggest obstacle is most likely that this will be extremely expensive and have a high wait-list.

6. Again, this treatment should be suitable for all types of androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). I don't think it will work for people undergoing chemotherapy or people with alopecia universalis.

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. I would be happy with a procedure like that, I’ve just never been keen on medication.

Soo is it definitely way to early to even ask what density of hair would be achievable?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. I would be happy with a procedure like that, I’ve just never been keen on medication.

Soo is it definitely way to early to even ask what density of hair would be achievable?
Very very early.
Also, unless you are filthy rich, take it from me that it will be decades before you could afford it.

Propecia is your friend.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it will be affordable before "decades have passed". There is significant commercial interest behind it.

Here is a chart of the cost of dna sequencing:

View attachment 88355
I guess.
The point is, simply, that it is a bad idea to forgo current treatments in the hope of these future cures.
In fact, it is delusional. Unless of course, you have tried medication and have serious sides.

Even if it takes a shorter time for it to become affordable, we don’t even know if and when it will be out.

So OP needs to get a prescription for propecia and at least do a 3 month “trial” course.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
3. No human tests yet.

They have used human cells, though. Showing it can grow hair even in completely different species, which is pretty big.

Also, Jahoda used human cells to grow human hair in a person in 1999. So there are trials that shed light on the likely outcome.

I think it will be affordable before "decades have passed". There is significant commercial interest behind it.

Here is a chart of the cost of dna sequencing:

View attachment 88355

That's actually really not encouraging, tbh.

The cost of DNA sequencing, according to the chart, has only reached affordable levels in the last few years. For a decade, it remained in the millions, then in the 100s of thousands for several years, then the tens of thousands, until now...

I don't think it's a stretch to expect that this would remain in the high points of its own chart for a similar amount of time.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Tsuji is working on cloning hair - essentially creating an unlimited donor-stash of hairs which can be used for hair transplants. It will work for both bald and balding people but it won't stop baldness as it's just new hairs.

2. The treatment is a surgery similar to a normal hair transplant - i expect that the side-effects would be the same.

3. No human tests yet.

5. This is probably the holy grail in hair loss since it will work for everyone as long as they still got a bit of hair left on their head. The biggest obstacle is most likely that this will be extremely expensive and have a high wait-list.

6. Again, this treatment should be suitable for all types of androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). I don't think it will work for people undergoing chemotherapy or people with alopecia universalis.

3. No human tests yet.

but it won't stop baldness as it's just new hairs.??

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have used human cells, though. Showing it can grow hair even in completely different species, which is pretty big.
Does this mean one person's cells can supposedly be used to regenerate hair on a completely different person? This would be interesting considering some people have no stable donor zone.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how you look at it. I don’t think the initial cost to treat one patient is 100 Mio. Maybe 1 Mio. So if you consider 100k “affordable” I think it won’t take that long. Getting it for 1000$ might be a different story.

Well, I don't think Riken's treatment would cost a million dollars lol. But around the 50k range is probably realistic for it's initial cost. That's already more than most could afford.

Does this mean one person's cells can supposedly be used to regenerate hair on a completely different person? This would be interesting considering some people have no stable donor zone.

Jahoda's research found that the hair grown in his wife's arm was a mix of both his and her cells and there was no rejection; so it would appear that an allogeneic transplant of the cells is indeed possible. But more research would probably be needed before a company could offer that to be sure of the risks.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't you technically find ONE single DHT resistant hair and clone the sh*t out of it? That's all you'd need.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't you technically find ONE single DHT resistant hair and clone the sh*t out of it? That's all you'd need.
Stem cells stop regenerating after you multiply them a certain number of times. However in the in the 2016 interview they said they still can pick the healty hairs in a miniaturized donor zone. 100 hairs multiplied 1000 times each means 100000 hairs on your head. Which is pretty impressive.
Only thing we should star worrying about now is if non Japanese citizens can undergo the treatment in the first years of commercialization

kevin west

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to pray successfully. If tsuji succeeds, I can make money and go to Japan. Not now can not be cured

Dalex

My Regimen
Reaction score
heres my 4cents.

this cloning implanting method would help a lot of people especially higher norwoods but it wont be enough by itself imo.for hairline to look natural one of the treatments that is an injection of cells or some patented formula into the scalp that causes hairs togrow out from the skin normally will be needed. hair transplant in hairline dont look natural. density, angles etc. Really bummed out histogen has fallen off the map as i think that would have fixed me to where id be off this site for good.

im off to school. be back lttr

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are still not sure yet if this will be out soon to worry about the cost. They said 2020 but it’s not guaranteed. Let this sh*t comes out then we will start being worried about the cost

This is kind of like saying "let's wait until the new Lamborghini comes out before we worry about the cost"

It is pretty unlikely that it won't come out, to be honest; that's not something that can be said about most of this sh*t. There is literally no other company in the world working on a hairloss solution with the kind of power these three have and so far, they've remained on schedule with no setbacks. If it doesn't come out in 2020 (which is not even two years away now), I doubt it will be long after.

So people worrying about the feasibility of them actually getting the treatment for themselves is perfectly reasonable.

They used human cells in mice, tho. Wich is a step foward

And as has been discussed, in this thread twice, experiments in the late 90s did this kind of thing in a human via human cells from two different people as well and it worked.

That's a fact that everyone who doubts this thing is going to work conveniently ignore.

Last edited: