Dr. Reddy's Generic Finasteride Led to Shedding

holyhead

Reaction score
Alright another update now..Hair shedding has increased some..I am seeing more hairs on shirt, shoulders etc..while at work again..Nothing like before yet but a slight increase..What I have noticed is my eyebrows and eyelashes are shedding also..I feel them on my face and then see them on my clothing, shirts also..Small short hair..I noticed this before some too trying to figure out what the tickling sensation was on my face..Tiney hairs that are shedding..They also get in your eyes from time to time..So more shedding and also my scalp feels extremely dry and tight now..

holyhead

Reaction score
Alright update..what have I noticed? Hair has not shed any worse. If anything its shedding less now..What else? My scalp feels totally different..And in a good way.. It feels normal and not itchy of tight feeling.. I don't want to rub it all the time.. My hair also is feeling different. Stronger or fuller feeling..knda strange to describe...What else can I say for sure? Well one thing I can say for sure is just like Dr reddy after 4 weeks I am bloated slightly and up about *3 lbs.. And don't need the bs about diet..I am a runner and have kept a food journal for years.. Eating and running the same as before and slightly puffy around my stomach..most wouldn't Eben notice but it does cause a weight or fluid gain..

flushot1

Reaction score
To the skeptics who post with doubt of our experiences. We are just trying to save our hair and inform those in similar situations. We only need to post once of our experience, not carry on some lengthy conversation – we did not “mysteriously disappear”. If you are not in our situation and have not had extremely negative results when switching from name brand to Dr. Reddy's generic, then please mind your own business. I had been using brand name Propecia for years, and then switched to Dr. Reddy’s generic last year to save money. The difference was unmistakable. As I washed my hair under the tub faucet, there were 10 to 12 or more new sheds each time. Be warned – Dr. Reddy’s may not work or may make your situation even worse.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh my god shut the fuk up! I love you one post wonders and three pump chumps. IF YOU LIVE IN THE US IT IS THE SAME DRUNG BY LAW. If you are here without an agenda and truley think your hair is worse you either (a) are unlucky and finasteride doesn't work for you, or (b) are a dumb rube who believes that brand names matter.

Which is it?

holyhead

Reaction score
So far nothing new to report. Same old thing..no massive sheds just shedding slightly seems normal..**** just makes you flabbier or puffy around bottom stomach..Don't know if its slows metabolism or increase in estrogen.. No one really seems to know.. But messing hormones is known to cause weight gain..look at birth control. Seems more just like fluid retention..

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
*nom nom nom* these pills are making me fat *nom nom nom*

elvis333

Reaction score
I was on propecia for over 10 years with good results. i tried dr reddys when it became available. there was light shedding which im pretty sure went quickly away and my hair got better. however i had problems with erections (my shlong really was tired, lazy and not spry - took way too long to get going) that was terrible and totally freaked me out - id rather be bald. so i switched back to propecia and all is well again. i honestly doubt myself - why would a generic do this vs. the brand name with the same active ingredient. but i really think there is something to it. i still have leftover dr reddys in my drawer and i definitey wouldnt take them. anyway has anyone tried actavis (i think i got the name right) because costco is selling this generic finasteride for dirt cheap and im going to have to try it but i wanted to see if bad stuff may happen again on the generic. btw, this is my first post but im not a shill or anything and im sure people who want to discount my message will believe otherwise - but dr reddys was bad for me in really bad ways

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I've changed from propecia to dr reddys I was going through a shed just before the change and had concerns about the quality of generic over propecia so take 2.5mg of dr reddys everything seems to be ok 2 weeks in .

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I've heard it all. Dr Reddy's (a) doesn't work and (b) has all the side effects. Seems legit.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Eh coincidence IMO. People act like changes in their hair are some amazing thing. Things are never constant your hair is going to change over time regardless of what your using. Sometimes it might look worse or shed more its just how things go. Doesnt mean x,y or z directly caused it other than you cant prove it didnt.
As far as I know any generic drug in the US that is legit has to be nearly identical in active ingredients to real thing so unless its a huge scam going on than it must be same stuff as propecia.

-jp-

Reaction score
Eh coincidence IMO. People act like changes in their hair are some amazing thing. Things are never constant your hair is going to change over time regardless of what your using. Sometimes it might look worse or shed more its just how things go. Doesnt mean x,y or z directly caused it other than you cant prove it didnt.
As far as I know any generic drug in the US that is legit has to be nearly identical in active ingredients to real thing so unless its a huge scam going on than it must be same stuff as propecia.

The active ingredient needs to be the same but the carrier agents do not. I honestly do not care if you do not believe me that the Generics do not work for me after trying several different ones. If they work for you great I wish they did for me to. Would save me a butt load of money.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
So the inactive agents are what's keeping it from working. NOW I've heard it all.

holyhead

Reaction score
Same guys...minimal shedding but its pretty consistent.. No hair falling stopping up drain or anything abnormal as before..My hair seems to be improving in feel and appearance.. No my dick didn't fall off or no crazy side effects..I will say all still I have noticed is slightly puffiness on very bottom below belly button..the skin is a little more dimpled there and thicker appearing and feeling..so don't know what else to tell ya...also slight tenderness on the left abdomen way down low..don't know if its related to the propecia or not but the skin thing definitely is.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. This thread again. I posted these in the success stories, but I reitterate, I've never used anything but Dr. Reddy image.jpg:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 455

holyhead

Reaction score
Gawd this stuff blows you up like a toad..Hair is about the same..Which means it sheds all the time some just not as much..Also fat bald hairy bodied guys probably won't notice the fat thing..But look on body building forums etc..If you are pretty lean or cut as myself and after 4 weeks on this stuff with the same diet and exercise I noticed it..Even now after cutting weight down the skin is still saggy on the bottom and swollen looking..Oh well I guess its put up with that or go bald slowly...

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Gawd this stuff blows you up like a toad..Hair is about the same..Which means it sheds all the time some just not as much..Also fat bald hairy bodied guys probably won't notice the fat thing..But look on body building forums etc..If you are pretty lean or cut as myself and after 4 weeks on this stuff with the same diet and exercise I noticed it..Even now after cutting weight down the skin is still saggy on the bottom and swollen looking..Oh well I guess its put up with that or go bald slowly...

You have just described a bad and rare estrogen response to the drug. Do no carry on using it and also get some bloods done as it can show underlying problems.

holyhead

Reaction score
You have just described a bad and rare estrogen response to the drug. Do no carry on using it and also get some bloods done as it can show underlying problems.

Really...it's not real bad have noticed no changes in breast region...just below belly button..I heard everything from estrogen to it slows your metabolism down..I also read a reduction in dht decreases fat burning. Thanks.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Really...it's not real bad have noticed no changes in breast region...just below belly button..I heard everything from estrogen to it slows your metabolism down..I also read a reduction in dht decreases fat burning. Thanks.

In a normal male it should only increase estrogen by around 3-8%. This isn't normally enough to notice a difference. Its dangerous to take it if your estrogen spikes from it too high. Really would recommend getting hormonal tests done.

holyhead

Reaction score
In a normal male it should only increase estrogen by around 3-8%. This isn't normally enough to notice a difference. Its dangerous to take it if your estrogen spikes from it too high. Really would recommend getting hormonal tests done.

Thank you once again...and for not saying people are lying or making it up..I am gonna see my family doctor..would a cbc or complete blood count show this or what would I need to have? Thanks.

holyhead

Reaction score
I am seeing my urologist next week..gonna tell him about these symptoms..About the same just a lot of dimpled looking or swollen flab..Hair has improved around crown..But I will be honest..Compared with my hair and rest of body I would not have touched this ****..Slight loss around the crown went to large loss and massive she'd on Dr reddys..Or hetero but its the same i believe..Not to mention all the worry and stress that goes with that..now my stomach looks like someone pumped water right under the skin..Even the skin looks different there..it's glossy looking..And I have an old surgery scar. On lower left groin area..It has been about to kill me and seems like it might be inflamed scar tissue..despite all this crap I got none if the so called listed side effects..No sexual side effects, no deppression, no b**ch tits. But a bunch of other **** they don't even list..Wished I had just had let it be or maybe have just used Rogaine in slightly thinning crown area.