Dr. Rahal, 2803 grafts into the Crown. 16 months Post Op.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks PG, I really appreciate it. I remember reading your story, have you decided what you're going to do?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not yet but things aren't really getting any better. What was supposed to be a life changing positive experience has just made me look like an idiot with something to hide. My goal at this point would be to have another Doctor do some work filling in the sparse areas and hopefully make the hairline look normal. Until then I just have to live with the stupid looks and people's eyes traveling upward during conversations. Eventually I'll figure it out but for now I'm biding my time till I can muster up the courage to sit in a transplant Doctor's chair once again.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear things haven't improved for you. Good luck with your next step.

CCS

Reaction score
El Nino said:
Surgical Details: FUT method with Tricophytic closure. Area transplanted=60cm2. 2803 grafts, 188 singles, 1758 doubles, 857 triples = 6275 hairs.

Transplanting over 100 hairs per cm2 will do that.
Mine was maybe hairs 40 per cm2, so it looks much thinner. And you had hairs there before too.

I'm going to use calf hair to thicken up, but looks like I will need a lot. I need to cover 100 cm2 at least, and each calf hair is 1/2 the caliper of my head hair. So twice the area x twice caliper x 6000 x 1/2 density extra needed = maybe as much as 12000 hairs needed to thicken up.

My calves are probably 300 square inches total together x 6 cm2 per inch x 6 hairs per cm2 = 10800 hairs. So I'll need all of them. I buzzed the hair off and spread it around on my head and it does look like it can hide the scalp. Just enough.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Rahal said it would be about 57% of original density with the native hair. He said he aims for a minimum of 50% with every patient.

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
Looks fantastic El nino. looking at thoses results im defnitley gonna look into having a session with rahal.

Just need to find the courage to get up and do it :punk: unfortuntily i would have to find some way of hiding it thats whats been putting me for so long. using toppik at the moment but can see thats not gonna last.

Looking at your results gives me hope. :)

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks mickey. I'm in the UK too so if you have questions about flights, hotels, etc just ask.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
My calves are probably 300 square inches total together x 6 cm2 per inch x 6 hairs per cm2 = 10800 hairs. So I'll need all of them. I buzzed the hair off and spread it around on my head and it does look like it can hide the scalp. Just enough.

LOL.

CCS, for real?

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
It cost me about £5300 inc. flights, hotel, etc.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats not too bad at all just over 5k, and tbh it really does give u that youth and good looks back definatly dont waste it lol

Im 32 soon wish I started on meds 10 years ago but life just didnt quite go that well for me back then so was unable to do it.

Im thinking 2k on my lazer eye surgery and 5k on my hairs, maybe then the girls will at least check me out again like they use to when I had a good hair line at 25 lol

Question though did u have work done at the front?

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks RP3X. No, the front is my native hair.